GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

"He who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else"

~ from a wise TV commercial ~

• Like 1

From Tigersplayastrology.com-  http://www.tigersplayastrology.com/tigers-play

The only thing you can control is your mind, and you may have noticed it is noticeably out of control.  Reality, Dào, is beyond concepts/unknowable, and death/disaster can come at any moment to anyone regardless of their “good” karma.  Empires collapse, good/innocent people die, and we have no rights other than the ones we give each other.  Nature goes the way it goes and is just way bigger than our human agendas.  In the face of this, the last year asked us all the question – what do you/we do when things fall apart?

The only sane answer from the Metal Ox perspective is – you put things back together, you just keep going.  YOU LEARN FROM THE PAST, you rebuild, you get back to work, and you do your best to do it better the next time, knowing full well that it will all fall apart again.  Everything is impermanent and constantly in flux; cyclical time demands that all things grow, decay, and die in endless cycles of renewal, and Autumn/Winter demand that we face our mortality.  Ideally, however, we should not invoke entropy before its time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/17/2021 at 8:59 AM, thelerner said:

From Tigersplayastrology.com-  http://www.tigersplayastrology.com/tigers-play

The only thing you can control is your mind, and you may have noticed it is noticeably out of control.  Reality, Dào, is beyond concepts/unknowable, and death/disaster can come at any moment to anyone regardless of their “good” karma.  Empires collapse, good/innocent people die, and we have no rights other than the ones we give each other.  Nature goes the way it goes and is just way bigger than our human agendas.  In the face of this, the last year asked us all the question – what do you/we do when things fall apart?

The only sane answer from the Metal Ox perspective is – you put things back together, you just keep going.  YOU LEARN FROM THE PAST, you rebuild, you get back to work, and you do your best to do it better the next time, knowing full well that it will all fall apart again.  Everything is impermanent and constantly in flux; cyclical time demands that all things grow, decay, and die in endless cycles of renewal, and Autumn/Winter demand that we face our mortality.  Ideally, however, we should not invoke entropy before its time. 

Thanks mate. 

I needed that...

• Like 2

When the robot mind is mastered, undisciplined thinking ceases and is replaced by awareness. Awareness can know love. You can only experience the new when you are aware, when you are without thought. ~ Barry Long

When the heart is empty of the things of the mind, and the mind is empty of thought, then is there Love. That which is empty is inexhaustible. ~Jiddu Krishnamurti

The consciousness in you and the consciousness in me, apparently two, really one, seek unity and that is love. ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

"The person who follows the path of awareness finds love as a consequence of his awareness, as a by-product, as a shadow. And the person who follows the path of love finds awareness as a consequence, as a by-product, as a shadow of love. They are two sides of the same coin. ~ Osho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/12/2021 at 2:22 AM, Ajay0 said:

When the robot mind is mastered, undisciplined thinking ceases and is replaced by awareness. Awareness can know love. You can only experience the new when you are aware, when you are without thought. ~ Barry Long

When the heart is empty of the things of the mind, and the mind is empty of thought, then is there Love. That which is empty is inexhaustible. ~Jiddu Krishnamurti

The consciousness in you and the consciousness in me, apparently two, really one, seek unity and that is love. ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

"The person who follows the path of awareness finds love as a consequence of his awareness, as a by-product, as a shadow. And the person who follows the path of love finds awareness as a consequence, as a by-product, as a shadow of love. They are two sides of the same coin. ~ Osho

Ajay0, you are one awesome addition to this bouquet of strangeness....you are among brothers here.

• Like 1

если душа человека ещё способна создать красоту, это значит что мы не погибли

if a person's soul is still capable of creating beauty, this means that we have not perished

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

если душа человека ещё способна создать красоту, это значит что мы не погибли

if a person's soul is still capable of creating beauty, this means that we have not perished

This rings with me.  As my external world has gotten smaller, my internal world is expanding.  Creativity, art, and music are swirling around like a frog in a blender.

• Like 2

If you want to be loved, start loving others who need your love...if you want others to sympathize with you, start showing sympathy to those around you. If you want to be respected, you must learn to be respectful to everyone, both young and old...whatever you want others to be, first be that yourself; then you will find others responding in like manner to you.

Paramahamsa Yogananda (Where there is light) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You can´t always map out the journey from the outset, because it´s the journeying itself that teaches you where you need to go next. 

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don´t know if there´s anyone who doesn´t have a little bit of craziness.  Life is very hard and it gets you.

my partner, Jose

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3

Attempts to wake before our time are often punished, especially by those who love us most. Because they, bless them, are asleep. They think anyone who wakes up, or who, still asleep, realizes that what is taken to be real is a ‘dream’ is going crazy.

R. D. Laing

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.

Thomas Edison

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

"Violence may begin when you wish. It does not end when you will." Niccolo Machiavelli

Reminds me of this:

One does not stop wrestling a bear when one grows tired.  It ends only when the bear loses interest.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

"Violence may begin when you wish. It does not end when you will." Niccolo Machiavelli

32 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Reminds me of this:

One does not stop wrestling a bear when one grows tired.  It ends only when the bear loses interest.

Which reminds me of this:

"Violence is not a way of getting where you want to go, only more quickly. Its existence changes your destination. If you use it, you had better be prepared to find yourself in the kind of place it takes you to." - Hilary Bok

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I felt like a moth in a chandelier—-all at once, there were lot’s of pretty choices and I didn’t know where to fly.

not being known does not stop the truth from being true.

richard Bach

• Like 1

All public figures are Rorschach tests of people's mental health.  What they see reflects their latest delusion. -- A voice in my head

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Taomeow said:

All public figures are Rorschach tests of people's mental health.  What they see reflects their latest delusion. -- A voice in my head

This resonates my experience of Maya.

Nothing conscious is perceived purely, all perception is filtered and interpreted.

edit to add:

and then, often projected

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1