GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

"There, our Self-seeing is a communion with the Self, restored to purity. No doubt we should not speak of "seeing," but, instead of [speaking of] "seen" and "seer," speak boldly of a simple unity. For in this seeing we neither see, nor distinguish, nor are there, two.

The man is changed, no longer himself nor belonging to himself; he is merged with the Supreme, sunken into It, one with It; it is only in separation that duality exists.

This is why the vision baffles telling; for how could a man bring back tidings of the Supreme as something separate from himself when he has seen It as one with himself?"

~Plotinus

• Like 2

“What a doctor I’ve got. I told him I got a ringing in my ear. He said don’t answer it.”

~Rodney Dangerfield

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Rural people want to be known for pulling their weight, not people who have to be taken care of, or who are jokes, or who are bigots.  

They may not vote the way you want them to vote.  But if you run into a ditch in front of a Trump voter's house, they're still going to find a way to pull you out of there and they're going to offer you supper."

(Rural life and Hollywood:

Christian Science Monitor)

• Like 2

Thought alone, when it is no longer connected with the much vaster realm of consciousness, quickly becomes barren, insane, destructive. ~ Eckhart Tolle

When scientific or rational thinking is grounded in presence it has a completely different outcome. It can never be monstrous. ~ Jean Klein

• Like 2

13 hours ago, neti neti said:

"How curious man is, asking not to be born, knowing not how to live, wanting not to meet death."

Dig the quote.

I'm curious to whom is it attributed?  I did a search and found no result.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Dig the quote.

I'm curious to whom is it attributed?  I did a search and found no result.

Old chinese proverb? I paraphrased a bit, translated from Spanish.

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2021 at 8:31 AM, Taomeow said:

Nothing can bring you peace but the triumph of principles.

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm feeling it on this inauguration day.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, neti neti said:

Ignorance, the bittersweet agent of humility.

I'd love it if you'd expound on this a little.  I think I know where you're coming from, but I'm not sure.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, manitou said:

I'd love it if you'd expound on this a little.  I think I know where you're coming from, but I'm not sure.

The quest for certainty reveals how little one actually knows?

• Like 3

The real trauma will be not convicting Trump. Without accountability, actions like his are covertly sanctioned, putting our future in peril. Yes, I am a Buddhist, and compassion tells us that love and justice do not have to be separate. ~ Joan Halifax 

(Joan Jiko Halifax is an American Zen Buddhist teacher, anthropologist, ecologist, civil rights activist,

hospice caregiver, and the author of several books on Buddhism and spirituality.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Ursus mellifera said:

It's morbid as &%$#, but one of my all-time favorite quotes is, "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

Morbidity is totally welcome here.

"Eternity is relentless, Raziel. When I first stole into this chamber centuries 
ago, I did not fathom the true power of knowledge. To know the future, Raziel, 
to see its paths and streams tracing out into the infinite. As a man, I could 
never have contained such forbidden truths., but each of us is so much more 
than we once were. Gazing out across the planes of possibility, do you not 
feel with all your soul how we have become like gods!? And as such, are we not 
indivisible?" Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver  

-This final speech always gives me chills. Great game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQSS8BZuW4

• Thanks 1

Mostly stuff from works of fiction:

“My mind," he said, "rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation. That is why I have chosen my own particular profession, or rather created it, for I am the only one in the world.”
― Sherlock Holmes

“The game is afoot.”

― Sherlock Holmes

“How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?”

― Sherlock Holmes

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zaheer: Like all great children's tales, it contains truth within the myth. Laghima once wrote, "Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong."

Guard: What's that supposed to mean?

Zaheer: It means, that when you base your expectations only on what you see, you blind yourself to the possibilities of a new reality.

― Legend of Korra

Zaheer: Focus on the sound of my voice and clear your mind.

[Cut to Korra envisioning the day that Zaheer almost killed her. Korra starts hyperventilating in panic]

Zaheer: Let it play out.

Korra: I can't!

Zaheer: You can. Accept what happened to you. Don't fear what might have been.

― Legend of Korra

Korra: You wanted to create a place where you and your people would never be vulnerable again. I may not have been an orphan, but believe me, I understand what it feels like to be afraid. After I was poisoned, I would've done anything to feel in control.

― Legend of Korra

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“The true mind can weather all lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed. From beginningless time, darkness thrives in the void, but always yields to purifying light.” – Avatar The Last Airbender

“It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale.” – Avatar The Last Airbender

“It’s always best to believe in one’s self but a little help from others can be a great blessing!” – Avatar The Last Airbender

“You need to find someone who WAITS and LISTENS before striking.” – Avatar The Last Airbender

“The past can be a great teacher.” – Avatar The Last Airbender

“When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.” – Avatar The Last Airbender

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Knowthing said:

That is why I have chosen my own particular profession, or rather created it, for I am the only one in the world.”
― Sherlock Holmes

This seems particularly profound to me.  It acknowledges in simple terms the reality that 'we are the creator'.  When he says 'for I am the only one in the world', it seems to point to the oneness of all.

• Like 2

"Displace one note and there would be 
                         diminishment. Displace one phrase, 
                         and the structure would fall. It was 
                         clear to me. That sound I had heard 
                         in the Archbishop's palace had been 
                         no accident. Here again was the very 
                         voice of God! I was staring through 
                         the cage of those meticulous ink-
                         strokes at an absolute, inimitable 
                         beauty." Amadeus

The pollution of the planet is only an outward reflection of an inner psychic pollution: millions of unconscious individuals not taking responsibility for their inner space. ~ Eckhart Tolle

I don’t want to tell anyone how much water they should use or shouldn’t use. But whatever you do – make it as conscious as possible. If you become conscious, you will only use as much as you need to. This will make a world of difference. Right now, we are behaving as if we’re the last generation on the planet. ~ Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

When you live consciously, your response to situation that arise will be agile and appropriate. ~ Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

Edited by Ajay0
  • Thanks 1

"Everything that happens in the material world is essentially a certain kind of wave. If you are a good sailor, every wave is a possibility. " Sadhguru 

• Like 2