GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

_Nature loves to hide_

*Heraclitus, in his attempt at explaining hidden attunement, that unapparent connection (harmony) in all things. 

• Like 3

“What constitutes pretense is that, in the end, you don’t know whether it’s pretense or not.” ~ Jacques Lacan 

• Like 1

The truth is like a lion.  You don't have to defend it.  Let it loose.  It will defend itself. -- St. Augustine 

• Like 5

*Freud ~

When I promised my patients help and relief through the cathartic method, I was often obliged to hear the following objections, “You say, yourself, that my suffering has probably much to do with my own relation and destinies. You cannot change any of that. In what manner, then, can you help me?” To this I could always answer: “I do not doubt at all that it would be easier for fate than for me to remove your sufferings, but you will be convinced that much will be gained if we succeed in transforming your hysterical misery into everyday unhappiness, against which you will be better able to defend yourself with a restored nervous system.” (Studies in Hysteria, p. 232)

• Thanks 1

ALAIN BADIOU ~ “We live in a contradiction, a brutal state of affairs, profoundly inegalitarian – where all existence is evaluated in terms of money alone – is presented to us as ideal. To justify their conservatism, the partisans of the established order cannot really call it ideal or wonderful. So instead, they have decided to say that all the rest is horrible. Sure, they say, we may not live in a condition of perfect Goodness. But we’re lucky that we don’t live in a condition of Evil. Our democracy is not perfect. But it’s better than the bloody dictatorships. Capitalism is unjust. But it’s not criminal like Stalinism. We let millions of Africans die of AIDS, but we don’t make racist nationalist declarations like Milosevic. We kill Iraqis with our airplanes, but we don’t cut their throats with machetes like they do in Rwanda, etc..”

• Like 1

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tolle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.”

~Eden Phillpotts

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends. ~ Alphonse de Lamartine 

• Like 4

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars."

"Hearts united in pain and sorrow
will not be separated by joy and happiness.
Bonds that are woven in sadness
are stronger than the ties of joy and pleasure.
Love that is washed by tears
will remain eternally pure and faithful."

"For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun? And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance."

~Kahlil Gibran

• Like 3

1 minute ago, neti neti said:

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars."

"Hearts united in pain and sorrow
will not be separated by joy and happiness.
Bonds that are woven in sadness
are stronger than the ties of joy and pleasure.
Love that is washed by tears
will remain eternally pure and faithful."

"For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun? And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance."

~Kahlil Gibran

Wonderful read, The Prophet. 

• Thanks 1

"The appearance of things changes according to the emotions; and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves."

"But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:

To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.

To know the pain of too much tenderness.

To be wounded by your own understanding of love;

And to bleed willingly and joyfully.

To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;

To rest at noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;

To return home at eventide with gratitude;

And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise on your lips."

--Kahlil Gibran

• Like 4

Nature takes no pains to explain herself, but spares no pain to ensure her message actualizes.  ~ (spontaneous thought while rock climbing)

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 4

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win" - Zhuge Liang

• Like 4

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field.  I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase each other
doesn't make any sense.

~ Rumi

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2020 at 4:38 PM, silent thunder said:

When the soul lies down in that grass