GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

"You want to control Somebody?

Give them a slice of the truth that confirms all their prejudice"

The Wicked + The Divine III a comic book series by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie

<

"Anger is the opposite of feeling"     tW&tD 5

Often true.  Why does fear and a host of other emotions lead to Anger?  Because anger is a ..'drug' emotion that deadens feeling.

>

• Like 1

I have no right to call myself one who knows. I was one who seeks, and I still am, but I no longer seek in the stars or in books; I'm beginning to hear the teachings of my blood pulsing within me. My story isn't pleasant, it's not sweet and harmonious like the invented stories; it tastes of folly and bewilderment, of madness and dream, like the life of all people who no longer want to lie to themselves.

Hermann Hesse

• Like 4

"God sends upon them a strong delusion to make them believe what is false so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness."  2 Thess. 2:11-12. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

"God sends upon them a strong delusion to make them believe what is false so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness."  2 Thess. 2:11-12. 

That is certainly an apropos bit of Thesselonica.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, manitou said:

That is certainly an apropos bit of Thesselonica.

I think this is especially interesting in that it credits god rather than the devil with entrapment practices (apparently gods' ways are not our ways, as they always point out, and what's illegal on Earth is fully legit in heaven.)  We are therefore invited to appreciate dirty corrupt politicians as a god-given. 

Personally I do hope some kind of reward is forthcoming, in whatever shape or form, for not believing a single word from the entrapment delusion's mouth.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"It doesn't make any sense."

- Everyone 2020

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Quem Iuppiter vult perdere, dementat prius- 'Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad'

credited perhaps falsely to Euripides.

Wonder how a worse case situation might be for Trump?  A Sunset Blvd ending, betrayed, forgotten and driven delusional by past adulation, and jail. 

Will his admirers stick with him?  Or is losing their ultimate ranking of character.  I guess his legal entanglements will continue til he dies, and he'll be increasingly viewed as Nixonesque but.. I've been wrong before. 

The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it. ~ Eckhart Tolle

If you don't have very strong emotions or very intense thoughts about something, you cannot get depressed. ~ Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

Life is rooted in reality, not in your thoughts and emotions. ~ Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

Rather than being your thoughts and emotions, be the awareness behind them. ~ Eckhart Tolle

The most beautiful moments in your life – moments of bliss, moments of joy, moments of ecstasy, moments of utter peace – were moments when you were not thinking about anything. You were just living. ~ Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand'

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles. 

From her beacon-hand glows world-wide welcome, her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming 

shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me.

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus

Poem titled The New Colossus located on Statue of Liberty

a gift from France to the United States long time ago...1886

Edited by sagebrush
more info added

On 11/5/2020 at 1:00 PM, Taomeow said:

I think this is especially interesting in that it credits god rather than the devil with entrapment practices (apparently gods' ways are not our ways, as they always point out, and what's illegal on Earth is fully legit in heaven.)  We are therefore invited to appreciate dirty corrupt politicians as a god-given. 

Personally I do hope some kind of reward is forthcoming, in whatever shape or form, for not believing a single word from the entrapment delusion's mouth.  

The dichotomy of God and Devil itself is entrapment.

God wears the Devil suit when we require the experience of victim-hood.

Devil wears the God suit when we require the experience of responsibility.

Discernment born of contrast. Delusion is its own reward, exposing one's capacity for corruption.

Become so strong that one can welcome adverse experiences, adverse circumstances. ~ Shivayogini Matha (1923-1981)

Make yourself so strong that even if the whole world fluctuates, you remain stable. ~ Sister Jayanti, Prajapita Brahmakumaris

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
 H. P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories

Sincerely, I think of this line frequently. 

Edited by Sketch

WORDS

So innocent and powerless

as they are,

as standing in a dictionary,

how potent

for good and evil

they become

in the hands of one

who knows how

to combine them.

-Nathanial Hawthorne

it is not a favorite quote. I saw it on a nightstand in the form of a book marker and liked it.

Edited by sagebrush

I stole this quote from Twitter:

Find someone who loves you the way Barack Obama loves himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Succeed in filling people with pride.  Pride will make them stupid.  And stupid people are yours for the taking. -- Genghis Khan 

The following quote is not a favorite.

It causes me physical nausea whenever I reread or contemplate it.

It is a quote i revere for its potency of revelation.

The revelation of the mind-set/paradigm of 'The Great Project' of 'Western civilization' in devolving humanity away from dao... diverging humanity to a new path.  A path of Colonialism.  Industry.  Progress(dry wretch)...  A path of Rampant, Euro-centric humanist expansionism... devoid of nurturing... a path of wholesale consumptionist delusionary violence.

Columbus,

The Indians,

And Human Progress

Arawak men and women, naked, tawny, and full of wonder, emerged from their villages onto the island's beaches and swam out to get a closer look at the strange big boat.  When Columbus and his sailors came ashore, carrying swords, speaking oddly, the Arawaks ran to greet them, brought them food, water, gifts.  Columbus later wrote of this in his log.

They... brought us parrots and balls of cotton and spears and many other things, which they exchanged for the glass beads and hawks' bells.  They willingly traded everything they owned.... They were well-built, with good bodies and handsome features... They do not bear arms, and do not know them, for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge and cut themselves out of ignorance.  They have no iron.  Their spears are made of cane...  They would make fine servants... With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want.

These Arawaks of the Bahama Islands were much like Indigenous on the mainland, who were remarkable (European observers were to say again and again) for their hospitality, their belief in sharing.  These traits did not stand out in the Eurpope of the Rennaissance, dominated as it was the by the religion of popes, the government of kings, the frenzy for money that marked Western civililization and its first messenger to the Americas, Christopher Columbus.

This is the opening, page 1 of  Howard Zinn's:  A People's History of the United States of America.

Shared  on the Day after Thanksgiving here in 'Murica, the current manifestation of that energy 500ish years later...

a day marked by its Black Friday acquisitionist/purchase riot behavior...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 11/17/2020 at 1:08 PM, Apech said:

I stole this quote from Twitter:

Find someone who loves you the way Barack Obama loves himself.

Or find someone who loves you the way (fill in the name of politician of your choice) loves them self.

3 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I tend to gravitate towards folks who love me the way my open hand loves the rain.

A beautiful metaphor for total acceptance. 

Did you just make that up?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, manitou said:

A beautiful metaphor for total acceptance. 

Did you just make that up?

those words arose in the moment yes... in response to the conversation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, silent thunder said:

those words arose in the moment yes... in response to the conversation.

You should make up more shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2