GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

"You're unsuited for, the rage of war, so pack up, go home, your through." Mulan  (1998) 

Edited by RiverSnake
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, silent thunder said:

We were fortunate to be instructed in whirling by experienced practitioners and I explored it extensively at that time (and occasionally it will arise spontaneously and I'll whirl again to this day).

Aah.  That explains so much...

• Haha 3

To be more childlike, you don't have to give up being an adult. The fully integrated person is capable of being both an adult and a child simultaneously. Recapture the childlike feelings of wide-eyed excitement, spontaneous appreciation, cutting loose, and being full of awe and wonder at this magnificent universe.

------Wayne Dyer

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

-----Lao Tzu

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, moment said:

To be more childlike, you don't have to give up being an adult. The fully integrated person is capable of being both an adult and a child simultaneously. Recapture the childlike feelings of wide-eyed excitement, spontaneous appreciation, cutting loose, and being full of awe and wonder at this magnificent universe.

------Wayne Dyer

The longer I walk this path, the more I come to find that the ability to 'play' is available in any aspect of life, and constitutes among the highest of skill sets.  It is for me, invaluable. 

I long ago gave up seriousness in favor of sincerity.  It allowed me to turn even mundane and dreadful tasks into avenues of playing, which opens up myself and puts at ease others... which in turn, opens them and then soon, we're all playing, yet still getting done all that adult life requires...

5 hours ago, moment said:

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

-----Lao Tzu

Wow, just wow... the timing of this. 

Thank you.

One of my long time friends is on the crew with us for this show and we spent a good portion of our day discussing our revelations into just this type of insight and observation of our own lives... Don't resist, that only creates sorrow is almost verbatim what he said describing his recent realization concering a painful divorce and custody battle.

• Like 4

In its purest form; it is Truth.  Truth  never changes or can it be modified. Truth exists despite the vagaries of time and cultures, though it often gets submerged by the ashes of ignorance. Cosmic rays/dark matter/gravity were discovered and not created and so it is with meditation.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 1:05 PM, moment said:

------Wayne Dyer

This speaks to me now very directly.  I have found that as my memory is leaving me, it's urgent to stay in the Here and Now.  And when I do that, the child seems to want to come out to play.  So what if I can't remember yesterday and don't think of tomorrow?  It's actually a pretty wonderful state - luckily, my roommate is equally child-like, so we really do have a good time around here.

Just don't ask me what I had for breakfast. :mellow:

• Like 2

In the destruction of ignorance, prevails truth.

Love never fails... it penetrates and heals even one's hatred for the failures it reveals.

Edited by neti neti

On 9/13/2020 at 8:03 PM, neti neti said:

Along comes a time when ego must be summarily depantsed. :D

Just like the Fool in a tarot deck.  I just don't understand why it's being done by a cat.

I'm just learning the tarot.  Your mention of ego being depantsed gives me a whole new angle on interpreting these things.  Thank you, Mr. 'not-this, not-that'.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Buckminster Fuller

You cannot change how someone thinks, but you can give them a tool to use which will lead them to think differently.

R. Buckminster Fuller

It is now highly feasible to take care of everybody on Earth at a 'higher standard of living than any have ever known.' It no longer has to be you or me. Selfishness is unnecessary and henceforth unrationalizable as mandated by survival.

R. Buckminster Fuller

Edited by moment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2020 at 2:26 PM, manitou said:

Just like the Fool in a tarot deck.  I just don't understand why it's being done by a cat.

I'm just learning the tarot.  Your mention of ego being depantsed gives me a whole new angle on interpreting these things.  Thank you, Mr. 'not-this, not-that'.

Instinctually correct and accurate action. A cat's calculating precision with regard to its movement. The comedy of a creature far too nimble to be seen tripping into the unknown. The ironic clumsiness of the disoriented one, flailing mid-fall, unable to attain its bearing to at last land upon its feet.

Attentively knowing where one is along the adventurous path of self-discovery, lest the guide of one's curiosity transform into one's killer. The fools folly is willful ignorance.

Edited by neti neti

“Do not seek illumination unless you seek it as a man whose hair is on fire seeks a pond.”
― Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa

“That knowledge which purifies the mind and heart alone is true Knowledge, all else is only a negation of Knowledge.”
― Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa

• Like 1

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret MeadIn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

• Like 3

“It's the end of the world every day, for someone.”
― Margaret Atwood

• Like 3

"You know Creighton... Life is too short and the Day is too long.  I was glad to hear you left that place."

(I walked off a toxic show back in January)

The Labor Foreman on our show is an old friend and he'd heard about the show and my leaving.  He's an old wise soul, and comes from the Chumash People who've been in this area for eons.  He reached out and stopped me at work to share that randomly.

He's just so right on with it.

The Day is way too long and life far too short to remain in some situations.

Sure I could have fought back, and resisted, reported the abusive behavior, gotten all involved in it.  But in this case, it was a better use of my energy to just walk away, go home and nurture what I love.

Life's too short and the Day's too long.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Life's too short and the Day's too long.

A great reminder.

• Like 2

"After the year 2000 gaps in time started appearing.  I was flying through time devoid of matter." -- Strugatsky Brothers, "Monday Begins on Saturday," 1965

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

"After the year 2000 gaps in time started appearing.  I was flying through time devoid of matter." -- Strugatsky Brothers, "Monday Begins on Saturday," 1965

Thank you for the reminder, I need to get some more of their work.

I Love the Strugatsky Brothers...

Reading Roadside Picnic was like peeking inside a birthday present early... only the present was my own inner unconscious flow from which the illusion of choice arises... and where true desires reside.  Poetry meets Prose meets insight and raw authenticity.  Fearless honesty.

I can only imagine how the language and imagery settle in awareness in the native Russian...

“The hypothesis of God, for instance, gives an incomparably absolute opportunity to understand everything and know absolutely nothing. Give man an extremely simplified system of the world and explain every phenomenon away on the basis of that system. An approach like that doesn't require any knowledge. Just a few memorized formulas plus so-called intuition and so-called common sense.”
― Arkady and Boris Strugatsky, Roadside Picnic

“You’re absolutely right. Our little town is a hole. It always has been and still is. But now it is a hole into the future. We’re going to dump so much through this hole into your lousy world that everything will change in it. Life will be different. It’ll be fair. Everyone will have everything that he needs. Some hole, huh? Knowledge comes through this hole. And when we have the knowledge, we’ll make everyone rich, and we’ll fly to the stars, and go anywhere we want. That’s the kind of hole we have here”
― Arkady Strugatsky, Roadside Picnic

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."

__ Leonard Cohen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.”
“Don't explain your philosophy. Embody it.”
“There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond our power or our will. ”
“Man is not worried by real problems so much as by his imagined anxieties about real problems”
“It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.”
“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master;
he can anger you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him.”
“The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.”
“He who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at."
“Freedom is the only worthy goal in life. It is won by disregarding things that lie beyond our control.” *

*All of these quotes graciously provided by Epictetus
Edited by moment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2