GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

“Say all you have to say in the fewest possible words, or your reader will be sure to skip them; and in the plainest possible words or he will certainly misunderstand them.”

― John Ruskin

• Like 5

There was something formless and perfect
before the universe was born.
It is serene. Empty.
Solitary. Unchanging.
Infinite. Eternally present.

From it, like from a mother,
everything living has come.
It has no name
so I shall call it Tao.
It has no limit
So I shall call it the infinite.

It flows through all things,
inside and outside, and returns
to the origin of all things.

Being infinite,
it manifests as the spaciousness of the sky.
it manifests as the vastness of galaxies, stars, and planets.
it manifests as human life. 

Tao Te Ching - verse 25

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RiverSnake said:

"It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock n roll." ACDC

Your top or some else's?

• Haha 1

At my last meeting of Me, Myself and I it was agreed I am on top of the World!

Try if you dare to top that!

• Haha 1

We are all linked by a fabric of unseen connections. This fabric is constantly changing and evolving. This field is directly structured and influenced by our behavior and by our understanding.

Ultimately, all moments are really one, therefore now is an eternity.

To change your reality you have to change your inner thoughts.

~David Bohm

David was a physicist in the 20th century, a contemporary of Einstein and Oppenheimer who was ostracized by them and at Oppenheimer's direction at several meetings with influential physicists declared persona non grata among the theoretical community of that time... "If we cannot silence him, we must ignore him." Oppenheimer was quoted to have said.  All due to Bohm publishing his musings on several key and influential areas of quantum physics particularly regarding the observer and consciousness, that turned out to be decades ahead of their time, but in the moment, were not welcome by the community.  The ostracization eventually led to David losing his position and leaving the country at Oppenheimer's continuous and intense coercion.

Eventually after living (and still publishing) in Venezuela and Israel in obscurity, he happened to meet J. Krishnamurti in 1961.  This moment would change both of their lives.

It is said when the two sat to speak, an instant deep connection and affinity developed and when the topic wove to Consciousness and the nature of how humans perceive reality, versus how it really is, it was as if two sides of the same coin came together.  At one point Krishnamurti was said to stand up and exclaim "Yes!  You understand!"

Their relationship spanned 25 years where they worked closely together, each from their respective approaches to the fundamental notions of awareness and consciousness, to the benefit of both... and me too.

https://www.kbohm.com/

Edited by silent thunder
fixed the link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

“What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”

~  Hermann Hesse:  Siddhartha

• Like 4

"To lose entirely all interest in knowledge results in omniscience. 

It is but the gift of knowing what needs to be known at the right moment, for error-free action."

~Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

• Thanks 1

this life here is short

and this time demands its toll

yet dwelling in Tao

leaves me no regrets at all

• Like 2

Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.

Mark Twain

Edited by moment
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

“I think we want to know it all. There's a comfort in having the answers and feeling like we've got it all figured out,” Taylor says. “And I think once we give ourselves permission to not be experts, to not have it all figured out, to just be part of this wild ride, of being a human alive on this planet, I think there's great freedom in that.”

-------- Sonya Renee Taylor

• Like 1

Every person has to seek their own way to make themselves more noble and to realize their own true worth.

-----Albert Schweitzer-(paraphrase)

• Like 4

It is the unseen,

The incomprehensible

indescribable,

only known by not knowing

Strip everything

down to your innermost core

to true existence 

where only silence prevails. 

Edited by moment
  • Like 4

"Here's the way I'm looking at it:

2020 is a 12-episode season of Game of Thrones. And just like every other season, the episode with the epic you’ve-got-to-be-shitting-me battle scene is the second-to-last episode..." -- a random redditor 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/19/2020 at 9:03 AM, Taomeow said:

"Here's the way I'm looking at it:

2020 is a 12-episode season of Game of Thrones. And just like every other season, the episode with the epic you’ve-got-to-be-shitting-me battle scene is the second-to-last episode..." -- a random redditor 

I sure hope Kamala is in the last episode

• Like 1

Do not overlook negative actions merely because they are small;

however small a spark may be, it can burn down a haystack as big as a mountain.

Do not overlook tiny good actions, thinking they are of no benefit;

even tiny drops of water in the end will fill a huge vessel.

~Buddha

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ऋषि said:

Great music.  Reminds me of the Dothraki riding over the plains...standing on their horses' backs....swinging those scythes.

The ultimate sustainability is within your Core Being ,

When we are connected fully to our core, we are inner directed/inner sustained.

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

as the computational neuroscientist Anil Seth has put it, “We’re all hallucinating all the time, including right now. It’s just that when we agree about our hallucinations, we call that reality.”

From "https://medium.com/form-and-resonance/the-deep-dream-of-motivated-reasoning-produces-monsters-a4b9148f5215"

by Emily Pothast

also-

Tony I.Mlodinow explains how the reality we experience is not simply filtered down from sense data, but actively produced by unconscious processes that use what we expect to see ...

• Like 4