GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

Victor Frankl:

Live as if you were living already for the second time and as if you had acted the first time as wrongly as you are about to act now!

I like this.  Reframe your initial reaction to a troubling event.  See your first reaction as fear, anxious, angry.. whatever it is.. box it, and see what it a 2nd time from a wider, more experienced, solution oriented state. 

• Like 1

Epictetus: "The condition and characteristic of a vulgar person is that he never looks for either help or harm from himself, but only from externals. The condition and characteristic of a philosopher is that he looks to himself for all help or harm."

• Like 1

'You will live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension." -- Nicola Tesla 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Taomeow said:

'You will live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension." -- Nicola Tesla 

Indeed!

• Like 1

“The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.” — Jim Rohn

• Like 1

In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.

Bertrand Russell

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. 

Voltaire

For my own part, I know nothing with certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Vincent Van Gogh

If I knew for a certainty that a man was coming to my house with the conscious design of doing me good, I should run for my life.

Henry David Thoreau

• Like 2

When the politicians complain that TV turns the proceedings into a circus, it should be made clear that the circus was already there, and that TV has merely demonstrated that not all the performers are well trained.

----Edward R. Murrow

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.

--Edward R. Murrow

American traditions and the American ethic require us to be truthful, but the most important reason is that truth is the best propaganda and lies are the worst. To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. It is as simple as that.

Edward R. Murrow

We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men ... We proclaim ourselves, as indeed we are, the defenders of freedom, wherever it continues to exist in the world, but we cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

Edward R. Murrow

The speed of communications is wondrous to behold. It is also true that speed can multiply the distribution of information that we know to be untrue.

Edward R. Murrow

No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices.

Edward R. Murrow

So spoke the greatest American Newsperson of all time.  We need him so much today!----  Me

Edited by moment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rilke reaching out to me... again.

The highest form of love is to be the protector of another person’s solitude.

Go into yourself and see how deep the place is from which your life flows.

Sadness is the soul, recognizing change.

To be here is immense.

If you will stay close to nature, to its simplicity, to the small things hardly noticeable, those things can unexpectedly become great and immeasurable.

Since I've learned to be silent, everything has come so much closer to me.

~Rainer Maria Rilke

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

“The world is getting too small for both an Us and a Them. Us and Them have become codependent, intertwined, fixed to one another. We have no separate fates, but are bound together in one. And our fear of one another is the only thing capable of our undoing.”
― Sam Killermann

Ways that show our greatness during covid:

Slide 1 of 51: In times of stress and frustration, it is often the little things in life that end up lifting our spirits. A shared experience, a small gift, or a simple act of appreciation can go a very long way in trying times. During the early days of the coronavirus, we saw inspiring stories of people all around the globe sharing the power of song, music, and dance—whether people in Italy singing from their balconies, musicians in Spain playing guitar from their windows, or ballet dancers in France live-streaming their performances from home.  Instead of those efforts diminishing over time, today more than ever we see people of all ages and backgrounds sharing their talents and spreading joy through performances on rooftops, from courtyards, and in gardens. And, as with so many things during these strange days, there's even a name for this new global trend. It's been dubbed Quaranchella: a play on quarantining and the annual Coachella music festival. So, why not pour yourself a Quarantini and join us for a look around the world to see who is serenading whom? You may also like: 50 card games to play at home and the stories behind them

Shepherd dog sings along to 'We are the champions' | Daily Mail Online

"We are the champions" sing-a-long

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200410/wwii-vet-shows-off-dance-moves-during-quarantine

Edited by moment
  • Thanks 1

“It really boils down to this: that all life is interrelated. We are all caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, woven into a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one destiny, affects all indirectly.”
Martin Luther King Jr.

• Like 2

“I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said,

but I am not sure you realize

that what you heard is not what I meant.”

– Robert McCloskey

• Haha 1

Adyashanti's insights have been in mind since waking today.

"Most of us want to feel better,

we don't actually want to see that we're misperceiving things. 

But that's the core of spirituality. 

And the only way to really wake up

is to realize that the way you perceive yourself is not true."
Adyashanti

"Enlightenment is a destructive process.

It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier.
Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth.
It's seeing through the facade of pretence.
It's the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.”
 Adyashanti

“All that is necessary to awaken to yourself as the radiant emptiness of spirit

is to stop seeking something more or better or different,

and to turn your attention inward to the awake silence that you are.”
 Adyashanti

and finally, the first thing I ever read of Adya's...

instant recognition and sympathetic resonance

that spurred me to seek out all his writings...

“If you prefer smoke over fire
then get up now and leave.
For I do not intend to perfume
your mind's clothing
with more sooty knowledge.

No, I have something else in mind.
Today I hold a flame in my left hand
and a sword in my right.

There will be no damage control today.

For God is in a mood
to plunder your riches and
fling you nakedly
into such breathtaking poverty
that all that will be left of you
will be a tendency to shine.

So don't just sit around this flame
choking on your mind.

For this is no campfire song
to mindlessly mantra yourself to sleep with.

Jump now into the space
between thoughts
and exit this dream
before I burn the damn place down.”

Adyashanti

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2020 at 2:06 PM, moment said:

I might also add, that I am just trying to stir up shit on TDB, philosophically speaking that is. :rolleyes:

I doubt that. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@moment... when you stir up shit... days later, flowers bloom.  And we could use more flowers in my opinion.

So stir away good sir! 

Incidentally I find myself missing Blue Bells... it's even the season, so if you're taking requests...

Also, I know of a few threads that are piping full of potent compost... hell I may even take the ladle and do a bit of stirring myself.

:D

love!

• Like 1

Quoting a FB friend.

"After performing a random act of kindness, don't forget to pick up the shells."  

"Any fight for justice must first go through, and win, the preliminary stage of the fight against stupidity."

Regarding the second assertion, I think we're doomed to never, ever see justice prevail.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

If you're afraid, don't do it.  If you're doing it, don't be afraid.  If you've done it, don't regret it. -- Genghis Khan 

• Like 3

Be wary of those who want to instill a sense of guilt in you, for they crave power over you. -- Confucius  

• Like 5

"Never show your power level to normies unless you can manage it.  Almost made same mistake myself. You can't instantly redpill a normie, it takes time." --  an anonymous /pol/ user

Totally aligned with what the Protopope Avvacum told me in a dream-vision I had in my 20s.  "It's no sin to speak about some affairs eloquently.  About others, let's keep silent, for God gave us a discerning mind not toward many words but toward many omissions."  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.

-- Thucydides (460 BC–395 BC)

• Like 6

After my last post here, I thought I would contradict myself and stir up a little shit in the process:

“A molecule of hydrogen....whether in Sirius or in Arcturus, executes its vibrations in precisely the same time. Each molecule therefore throughout the universe bears impressed upon it the stamp of a metric system as distinctly as does the metre of the Archives at Paris, or the double royal cubit of the temple of Karnac. No theory of evolution can be formed to account for the similarity of molecules, for evolution necessarily implies continuous change, and the molecule is incapable of growth or decay, of generation or destruction.... We are therefore unable to ascribe either the existence of the molecules or the identity of their properties to any of the causes which we call natural.”  :rolleyes:
― James Clerk Maxwell  

Edited by moment