GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

Me.

You Can't Handle The Truth. 

or maybe you can.  personally i find people who've found The Truth have only found a truth.  

one that's right for them.  later you find newer truths make you discard earlier ones. 

i only have room for 2 truths and a pocketful of maybes that help me through the day. 

Edited by thelerner

When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, and the dimpling stream runs laughing by, when the air does laugh with our merry wit, and the green hill laughs with the noise of it.

When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it. But for the sake of defending those that do

~~blake

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 2

How it is?  How it is?!

I have no idea how it is.

I only know how it seems to me.

“I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions.”
Robert Anton Wilson
  • Like 3

We're all looking from the point of view of our own reality tunnels. And when we begin to realize that we're all looking from the point of view of our own reality tunnels, we find that it is much easier to understand where other people are coming from.

All the ones who don't have the same reality tunnel as us do not seem ignorant, or deliberately perverse, or lying, or hypnotized by some mad ideology, they just have a different reality tunnel. And every reality tunnel might tell us something interesting about our world, if we're willing to listen.

Robert Anton Wilson

We all experience life from the center of our own awareness.  This is perhaps why presenting facts seldom changes people's opinion, because their opinions are created from the center of their awareness, and any facts are viewed through this lense.

do any two people see the same room the same way?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quotes from the greatest leader of all time--- Marcus Aurelius

1.The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.

2.When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

3.I am going to be meeting with people today who talk too much – people who are selfish, egotistical, ungrateful. But I won’t be surprised or disturbed, for I can’t imagine a world without such people.

4.He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.

5.You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realise this, and you will find strength.

6.Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

7.Be tolerant with others and strict with yourself.

8.Do everything as if it were the last thing you were doing in your life.

9.Whenever you are about to find fault with someone, ask the following question ‘what fault of mine most nearly resembles the one I am about to criticise?’

10.Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.

11.Our anger and annoyance are more detrimental to us than the things themselves which anger or annoy us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You're not stuck at home

You're safe at home.

One word can change your attitude,

and one cough can change your life.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Scholar said:

"Vai tomar no cu"

Pelé(Greatest soccer player)

That quote was said by Pelé, and it means, translated to english, "Get anally fucked" .

No thanks... think I'll just have a pint.

• Haha 2

Just now, silent thunder said:

No thanks... think I'll just have a pint.

I had just deleted  the post because I thought it could cause some discord😂

But Im glad you took it as a joke, how I intended it to be! 

• Like 2

Just now, Scholar said:

I had just deleted  the post because I thought it could cause some discord😂

But Im glad you took it as a joke, how I intended it to be! 

I just deleted a similar post I made in this thread yesterday after thinking on it for a while.

Glad I caught yours though, it brought a laugh.

• Like 1

Things joined by profit, when pressed by misfortune and danger, will cast each other aside; but things brought together by Heaven, when pressed by misfortune and danger, will cling to one another.
-Zhuangzi

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"If you pursue good with labor, the labor passes away but the good remains;

if you pursue evil with pleasure, the pleasure passes away and the evil remains." 

~ Cicero

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

“Get beyond love and grief: exist for the good of Man.”

-Musashi

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Gildor was silent for a moment. “I do not like this news.” he said at last. “That Gandalf should be late, does not bode well. But it is said: Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. The choice is yours: to go or wait.”

“And it is also said,” answered Frodo: “Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes.”

“Is it indeed?” laughed Gildor. “Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill. But what would you?”

JRR Tolkien

Fellowship of the Ring

• Like 5

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JRR Tolkien

Fellowship of the Ring

• Like 3

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

“War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

“You can only come to the morning through the shadows.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

“In sorrow we must go, but not in despair. Behold! we are not bound for ever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

• Like 3

"Every sentence I utter must be understood not as an affirmation, but as a question."---- Niels Bohr

• Like 3

"I'm not a schmuck. Even if the world is going to hell in a hand-basket, I won't lose a penny." ~ Trump

Mark these words. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Instead of a condom, I keep a moist towelette in my wallet because I run into buffalo wings a lot more often than sex. ~ Anon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Whatever I have is nothing, there is a long road ahead to a much higher mountain peak.

- GroßeScheißeMeister -

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gatito said:

Whatever I have is nothing, there is a long road ahead to a much higher mountain peak.

- GroßeScheißeMeister -

Amen to that!

• Thanks 1

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Bilbo Baggins

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

知者不言:  One who knows doesn't speak.
言者不知:  One who speaks doesn't know.

--- Lao Tze 老子

Interpretation:
One who knows about the universe but cannot describe it.
One who tries to describe the universe but doesn't know how.