GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

9 hours ago, moment said:

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.

-------------------Socrates

The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.

------------------Gautama Buddha

The unexamined life is not worth living.

-----------------------------Socrates

The unlived life is not worth examining. - Robert Hughes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

The unlived life is not worth examining. - Robert Hughes

He said this famous quote at his trial, when he chose death over dishonor and lies.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, moment said:

He said this famous quote at his trial, when he chose death over dishonor and lies.

When the internet was young, and I was younger (not younger than the internet, just younger than today I mean),  I used to have this signature embedded under my posts:

"A life unexamined should be terminated with extreme prejudice."

• Haha 2

On 2/15/2020 at 5:52 PM, Taomeow said:

When the internet was young, and I was younger (not younger than the internet, just younger than today I mean),  I used to have this signature embedded under my posts:

"A life unexamined should be terminated with extreme prejudice."

No, they must evolve enough to be able to say that-_-

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

Good travels all and be well!

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

Be a wushu player, longtime and maybe you wil lbe great, maybe not. But, I guarrantee, you will be a much better person!

• Like 2

i don't know.

you don't know.

nobody knows.

but everybody talkin'

Dub Garden - Talking

Spoiler

Edited by silent thunder
added link
  • Like 2

“The pillar of socialization is loyalty and the method of dealing with people should be based on modesty and cooperation. Loyalty fosters trust; modesty encourages progress; and cooperation befriends people. Modesty and cooperation should be based on loyalty not on hypocrisy.”

------- Chen Fake, 

Style Wushu:
Chen-style taijiquan
Teacher(s) Chen Yanxi (陈延熙)
Rank 9th gen. Grandmaster of
Chen-style taijiquan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“I’m not sure the kind of tired I am can be fixed by a vacation.”

~Harry Mitchell to Richardson in The Adjustment Bureau, 2011.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

image.png.e4e81566ae41379a777a8fa5f53d0198.png

Spinning, spinning!

There is a reality within you--that is your compass and in the finding, is where we connect!

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

A donkey with a load of holy books is still a donkey.

~ Sufi saying

A pig with a load of chi kung books and/or videos is still a pig.

~ Taoist correlate

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

A donkey with a load of holy books is still a donkey.

~ Sufi saying

A pig with a load of chi kung videos is still a pig.

~ Taoist correlate

says a guy publishing books and videos...

"pot... meet kettle."  ~anonymous

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

says a guy publishing books and videos...

"pot... meet kettle."  ~anonymous

(BTW, I edited to add books to the quote)

Not really, I have one book on chi kung, Lam Kam Chuen's "Way of Energy", which I left in Seattle ten years ago, and DVDs of my teachers doing chi kung, which I brought with me.

You gotta cater to the masses to make a buck, ya know, and the sale of books and videos adds around $100 to my monthly income, which helps quite a lot.  Plus, it's a way for a hermit living in the wilderness to 'reach' people.  The big question is if it's worth the bother, sometimes I think not.

... plus, my master said I should teach, and he also said to never teach for free.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

(BTW, I edited to add books to the quote)

Not really, I have one book on chi kung, Lam Kam Chuen's "Way of Energy", which I left in Seattle ten years ago, and DVDs of my teachers doing chi kung, which I brought with me.

You gotta cater to the masses to make a buck, ya know, and the sale of books and videos adds around $100 to my monthly income, which helps quite a lot.  Plus, it's a way for a hermit living in the wilderness to 'reach' people.  The big question is if it's worth the bother, sometimes I think not.

... plus, my master said I should teach, and he also said to never teach for free.

That plays harsher than it was intended.

That was offered in the vein of one of your brothers sitting around the table mate. 

Not a cold judgement at all, but an opportunity for a well timed hammer, but with heart.

What you have up there in the Andes is phenomenal and I admire it.

If your book is available directly I'm definitely interested.

I studied under one of Bruce's long term students.

I'd have it already, but i stopped buying through Amazombie a while ago.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

That was offered in the vein of one of your brothers sitting around the table mate.

No worries, I consider you a brother.  I just never was much of a joker arounder, maybe too simple for it.

I'd have it already, but i stopped buying through Amazombie a while ago.

A few book stores have ordered it, maybe one could order one for you.  i could send you a PDF copy.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

"The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be."

~Edgar Allan Poe

• Like 1

"He has no desire for fame. To become anything of a public figure would be deeply distasteful to him; and so it may be that he is satisfied to lead his chosen life and be no more than just himself.

He is too modest to set himself up as an example to others; but it may be he thinks that a few uncertain souls, drawn to him like moths to a candle, will be brought in time to share his own glowing belief that ultimate satisfaction can only be found in the life of the spirit, and that by himself following with selflessness and renunciation the path of perfection he will serve as well as if he wrote books or addressed multitudes."

~W. Somerset Maugham

• Like 2

In the past, people practiced the Tao, the Way of Life. They understood the principle of balance as represented by the transformations of the energies of the universe. They formulated exercises to promote energy flow to harmonize themselves within the universe. 

“Their first discussion began with Huang Di inquiring, “I’ve heard that in the days of old everyone lived one hundred years without showing the usual signs of aging. In our time, however, people age prematurely, living only fifty years. Is this due to a change in the environment, or is it because people have lost the correct way of life?”------the Huangdi Neijing (the bibliographical chapter of the Hanshu 漢書) (or Book of Han, completed in 111 CE)

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

"Acts of goodness are not always wise, and acts of evil are not always foolish, but regardless, we shall always strive to be good." — Martyr Logarius, Bloodborne

• Like 2

You always own the option of having no opinion.

There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control.

These things are not asking to be judged by you.

Leave them alone.

Marcus Aurelius

• Like 7