GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

Merging of Difference and Unity

The mind of the great sage of India is intimately transmitted from west to east. While human faculties are sharp or dull, the way has no northern or southern ancestors.

The spiritual source shines clear in the light; the branching streams flow on in the dark. Grasping at things is surely delusion; according with sameness is still not enlightenment. All the objects of the senses interact and yet do not. Interacting brings involvement. Otherwise, each keeps its place.

Sights vary in quality and form, sounds differ as pleasing or harsh. Refined and common speech come together in the dark, clear and murky phrases are distinguished in the light.

The four elements return to their natures just as a child turns to its mother: fire heats, wind moves, water wets, earth is solid.

Eye and sights, ear and sounds, nose and smells, tongue and tastes; thus with each and every thing, depending on these roots, the leaves spread forth. Trunk and branches share the essence; revered and common, each has its speech.

In the light there is darkness, but don’t take it as darkness. In the dark there is light, but don’t see it as light.

Light and dark oppose one another like the front and back foot in walking. Each of the myriad things has its merit, expressed according to function and place.

Phenomena exist; box and lid fit. Principle responds; arrow points meet.

Hearing the words, understand the meaning; don’t set up standards of your own.

If you don’t understand the way right before you, how will you know the path as you walk? Progress is not a matter of far or near, but if you are confused, mountains and rivers block your way. I respectfully urge you who study the mystery, do not pass your days and nights in vain.

Composed by Shitou Xiqian (Sekito Kisen), 700–790

Edited by moment
  • Thanks 1

It is within the body that the fountain of life is found. But, it is a spiritual journey full of traps.

• Thanks 1

Preserving the one is a synonym for concentration. In all your activities you must think of the one.In all of your emotions you must think of the one.

• Thanks 1

If forced to name the nameless Tao, it would be T'ai-i. --The Lu-shih ch' un-ch' iu quoting Lao-tzu.

• Thanks 1

The source of death reside within ones' self and can only be overcome by meditation. - a paraphrase of the book of the Superior Transformations of the Cinnabar-Nine into the Essence of The Embryo.

• Thanks 1

We receive death at the same time that we receive life. The knots of death are obstacles to the  vital current and must be overcome with breath techniques.  Meditation and breath has all of the answers.

• Thanks 1

“You never turned around to see the frowns on the jugglers and the clowns/When they all did tricks for you/You never understood that it ain’t no good/You shouldn’t let other people get your kicks for you.”--- Bob Dylan

Edited by moment

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -- Martin Luther King

• Like 2

To know the Pien-Hua of things is the hallmark of spiritual knowledge. Knowing change (Pien) and knowing how to change oneself (Hua) is to be ling (spiritual); it is also what one calls the TAO.

The saint becomes one with pien-hua. --- Chuang-tzu

It is by mastering pien-hua, that one properly flows.--- Han K'ang-p'o 

Edited by moment
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2019 at 11:42 AM, ऋषि said:

"Wer war der Thor, wer Weiser, wer Bettler oder Kaiser? Ob arm, ob reich, im Tode gleich."

- Unknown

wildcard.jpg

German postcard included in a Skull and Bones photograph album originally owned by Chester Wolcott Lyman, BA 1882.

The Medieval Dance of Death  (Death is calling an Emperor)

:Emperor, your sword won’t help you out
:Sceptre and crown are worthless here
:I’ve taken you by the hand
:For you must come to my dance

At the lower end of the ”Totentanz”, Death calls, for example, the peasant to dance, who answers:

:I had to work very much and very hard
:The sweat was running down my skin
:I’d like to escape death nonetheless
:But here I won’t have any luck

The dance finishes (or sometimes starts) with a summary of the allegory’s main point:

:”Wer war der Thor, wer der Weise[r],”
::”Who was the fool, who the wise [man],
:”Wer der Bettler oder Kaiser?”
::who the beggar or the Emperor+?
:”Ob arm, ob reich, im Tode gleich.”
::Whether rich or poor, [all are] equal in death.”

Edited by moment

“Death smiles at every man, and all a man can do is smile back.”--- Marcus Aurelius

• Like 2

He who reaches Emptiness transcends the wheel of transmigration. In such a being, the Breath symbolises Emptiness; and the body symbolises manifestation. This means having the consciousness in the Emptiness and the body in the Universe. To embrace the principle is to reach the dimension of Emptiness, and to safeguard the unity is to preserve the union, preventing the fragmentation of yin and yang. If the unity is found within Emptiness, the Holy Man's body is found within his consciousness. This is unlike the common man, whose consciousness is within the body. Upon reaching this level of spiritual realization, at which the consciousness becomes greater than the mind, the Immortal attains Consecration because he becomes at one with the Dao."---Si Ma Cheng Zhen

• Like 2

It is imagination that gives one access to an intermediary world between the unfathomable and hidden and the world of the obvious. It is that which allows you to understand the subtle forms.  If you cannot imagine, you cannot forsee.

Edited by moment
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2019 at 7:44 PM, Nintendao said:

“Yeah? Well, y’know, that’s just, like uh... your opinion, man.”

-The Dude

Reveal hidden contents

Of course

"The mask of enlightenment carries the visage of eternal laughter."

~Gary Z. McGee

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 1

“Doing as others told me, I was Blind. Coming when others called me, I was Lost. Then I left everyone, myself as well. Then I found Everyone, Myself as well.”

~Rumi

• Like 1

“The greatest obstacle to living is expectancy, which hangs upon tomorrow, and loses today… The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.”

~Seneca

• Like 2

“WILD MOON WOMAN

YOU WERE NOT

MADE TO BE TAME.

YOU ARE AN EARTHQUAKE

SHAKING LOOSE

EVERYTHING THAT

IS NOT SOUL.

SHAKE, WOMAN, SHAKE"

~Elyse Morgan

• Like 1