GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. ---Nelson Mandela

• Like 1

Our human compassion binds us the one to the other - not in pity or patronizingly, but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future.

Nelson Mandela

It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership. --Nelson Mandela

“Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and your life will be serene.”--Epictetus

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"I'm slowly learning that even if I react, it won't change anything, it won't make people suddenly love and respect me, it won't magically change their minds. Sometimes its better to let things be, let people go, don't fight for closure, don't ask for explanations, don't chase answers, and don't expect people to understand where you're coming from. I'm slowly learning that life is better lived when you don't center it on what's happening around you; instead, center it on what's happening inside you. Work on yourself and your inner peace."

~ anon. ~ 

Edited by C T
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

you

cant 

give 

your 

life 

more 

~ time ~ 

so

give 

the 

time 

you 

have 

left

more

~ life ~

* collective evolution *

?

• Like 2

"When we extend tolerance to those who are openly intolerant, intolerance is free to spread. As paradoxical as it may seem, defending tolerance requires not tolerating the intolerant. Unlimited tolerance, therefore, can lead to the extinction of tolerance itself." 

~ Sir Karl Popper ~ 

• Like 2

Our uniqueness, our individuality, and our life experience molds us into fascinating beings. I hope we can embrace that. I pray we may all challenge ourselves to delve into the deepest resources of our hearts to cultivate an atmosphere of understanding, acceptance, tolerance, and compassion. We are all in this life together.

Linda Thompson

• Like 2

The absurdist is concerned with the search for meaning in the Universe. He believes this search to be meaningless--hence the disintegration of plot, character, and language in absurdist drama. Order is a falsehood that we, God, those who came before us, have imposed on a random universe. However, the absurdist is confronted with a curious paradox: though he believes the Universe to be meaningless, he cannot abandon the search for meaning--or he will die.

--------Walter Wykes

• Like 1

Thought of you again when I read this, Marblehead:

You've been in mind frequently of late, Old Friend...

And it seems I now rarely think of you, without also thinking of Dad.  You two would have gotten on, so alike in mind and humor.  Both fiercely intelligent, highly humorous... and utterly, deeply and wholly... materialist.  Giving me no end of awesome shit for my 'etheral bullshit' :P

Chuckle a bit when I consider what crossing over must have been like for you both... :lol:

So much more than mere 'material' were you to me, my friend, whom I never once met in the flesh.

So grateful for the impressions you left on me. 

Among the scenes which are deeply impressed on my mind, none exceed in sublimity the primeval forests undefaced by the hand of man; whether those of Brazil, where the powers of Life are predominant, or those of Tierra del Fuego, where Death and Decay prevail. Both are temples filled with the varied productions of the God of Nature: no one can stand in these solitudes unmoved, and not feel that there is more in man than the mere breath of his body.
Journal of Researches: into the Natural History and Geology of the Countries Visited During the Voyage of H.M.S. Beagle Round the World (1839), ch. XXIII, 604-5

• Like 4

"If intelligence from another world were to descend and ask of the earth the most perfect creation, I would offer the humble comb of honey." 

~ Maurice Maeterlinck, The Life Of The Bee, 1924 ~

• Like 3

“Non est ad astra mollis e terris via" - "There is no easy way from the earth to the stars” 
― Seneca

"Compassion hurts. When you feel connected to everything, you also feel responsible for everything. And you cannot turn away. Your destiny is bound with the destinies of others. You must either learn to carry the Universe or be crushed by it. You must grow strong enough to love the world, yet empty enough to sit down at the same table with its worst horrors."

~Andrew Boyd

• Like 3

"See, my lord, from this room -- from this room I govern not only Paris, but China; not only China, but the whole world -- without anyone knowing how 'tis managed." --  Michael Angelo Tamburini, then Superior General of the Jesuits, said to the Duke of Brancas, 1720

• Like 3

The key to a lasting relationship is sweat the small stuff (& do it)  <inspired by Stephen Moore article>

endearing little touches

make the day 

and the days make the life. 

Edited by thelerner

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world." ~ Bill Bullard

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Trolls and bad writers and the president know better than anyone; when you call someone terrible, you just end up promoting their work.

Jia Tolentino

God does not die on the day when we cease to believe in a personal deity, but we die on the day when our lives cease to be illumined by the steady radiance, renewed daily, of a wonder, the source of which is beyond all reason.

- Dag Hammarskjold

• Like 4

""In order to be effective truth must penetrate like an arrow - and that is likely to hurt."

~Wei Wu Wei

• Like 4

“They lose the day in expectation of the night, and the night in fear of the dawn.” 
― Seneca

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It is better to have a heart without words.

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

I am learning wisdoms these days that i barely understand in a language beyond words.  The greatest of these is the comfort in it.

• Like 1