GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

"There is a fundamental error in separating the parts from the whole, the mistake of atomizing what should not be atomized.

Unity and complementarity constitute reality."

“atoms or elementary particles themselves are not real; they form a world of potentialities or possibilities rather than one of things or facts.”

“We have to remember that what we observe is not nature in itself but
nature exposed to our method of questioning."

Werner Heisenberg
Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." ― G.K. Chesterton

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 3

“Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it’s price.” – Sun Tzu

• Like 1

Quote from an Esther Perel podcast (Where should we begin?)

A part of why sometimes, a woman likes the bad boys -- to be very very clear -- it´s not because she likes the man to be a predator.  But it´s because the bad boy, as you describe, knows how to take care of himself perfectly well, thank you.  And so he frees her from having to feel responsible for him, from having to worry about him, from having to experience his anxiety, and so since he can let go and is in his pleausre it frees her up to be in her pleasure.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

As a rule, man is a fool

When it’s hot, he wants it cool

When its cool, he wants it hot

Always wanting, what is not

~Benjamin Disraeli

• Like 2

We rarely quote nowadays to appeal to authority... though we quote sometimes to display our sapience and erudition. Some authors we quote against. Some we quote not at all, offering them our scrupulous avoidance, and so make them part of our "white mythology." Other authors we constantly invoke, chanting their names in cerebral rituals of propitiation or ancestor worship.

~ Ihab Hassan

• Like 1

“My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists" - Nikola Tesla

• Like 2

The border between the Real and the Unreal is not fixed, but just marks the last place where rival gangs of shamans fought each other to a standstill. - Robert Anton Wilson

The web of life is a beautiful and meaningless dance. The web of life is a process with a moving goal. The web of life is a perfectly finished work of art right where I am sitting now. - Robert Anton Wilson

Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that it proves that a man and woman can conspire to force God to create a new soul. - Robert Anton Wilson

Anyone in the United States today who isn't paranoid must be crazy. - Robert Anton Wilson (1970's lol)

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. - Robert Anton Wilson

Edited by silent thunder
  • Thanks 1

You can learn the basics anywhere. There are books. As to learning the inner secrets, when your practice reaches a certain level, you'll meet a teacher. But you can't be in a hurry. You have to be prepared to devote your whole life to your practice. This is what's meant by religion. It's not a matter of spending money. You have to spend your life. Not many people are willing to do this. If you're ready to learn, you don't have to look for a teacher. A teacher will find you.

- (Taoist) Master Hsueh in Road to Heaven by Bill Porter

• Like 1

"Focus On What Is, Not What You Think Should Be", Albert Einstein :)

Edited by mrpasserby
added comma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings” Mozart

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Fighting for peace ...

Haven't heard this in years.

Did you remember it or did you look it up?  I recall it as chastity not virginity. 

5 minutes ago, OldDog said:

Haven't heard this in years.

Did you remember it or did you look it up?  I recall it as chastity not virginity. 

That's from memory.  Though I would imagine in his career, he used it thousands of times in a variety of ways.

A true master social commentarian.  He reminds me of a modern version of Chuang Tzu in many ways.

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.  ~ George Carlin

It works! According to lao-tzu and others with the same view of things.

Hear the echoes and feel yourself starting to turn.

Don't know why you should feel that there's something to learn...

It's just a game that you play.

Al Stewart:  Time Passages

• Like 1

'Its not what you could teach some one that matters it is what they need to hear that counts'. Deepak Chopra :) 

(slightly paraphrased)

Edited by mrpasserby
  • Like 2

"The most dangerous delusion of all is that there is only one reality."

- Paul Watzlawick How Real is Real? Confusion. Disinformation. Communication (New York: Vintage Books, 1977), p. xi.

To avoid all evil. To cultivate good. To cleanse one's mind -this is the teaching of the Buddhas (Dhammapada)

The sage are not selfish, they act for the good of others (Tao te king)

The best indication of spiritual progress is the gradual diminution of obscuring passions and selfishness

• Like 2

it's crazy, i'm thinking...
just knowing that the world is round...
and here I'm dancing on the ground.
am i right side up or upside down?

and is this real... or am i dreaming?

Dave Matthews ~Crush

• Haha 1