GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

"Balance and patience - never ending patience - this seemingly slow route is the most expedient route.

The seemingly fastest routes are always the slowest."

Yoda
Spotless

• Like 1

The more we learn about the neural mechanisms of mirroring, the more we realize that the distinction between self and other may be almost fictitious in many cases.  We have created the self-other distinction in our explicit discourse, along with many other constructs that divide us.  Our neurobiology, in contrast, puts us "within each other."  

Marco Iacoboni

• Like 2

When ever you think you know what is going on, remember this, you are wrong!--- Jed Stuart

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i used to experience the flesh of my body as the barrier between my 'self' and the rest of the universe.   It was to me, a static, mostly unchanging and seemingly solid thing.

A shift occured.

and now... the skin of my body is experienced as the living breathing fluid process, the very manifestation of the utterly intimate connectedness between my individual awareness and the entirety of the Cosmos.

• Like 2

My desire was not to become a living Buddha, just to become a human being.---  Grandmaster Cheng Man-ching

• Like 2

"Is there an art of having orgasms without ejaculating?-- student

" Yes, there is, but in China only bad people do this-- men who wish to exercise power over women."-- Professor Cheng Man-ching, creator of the Yang 37 short form

Edited by moment

Study a dozen great masters of many different views and then find yourself somewhere in the middle.--- Jed Stuart 

• Like 2

Had he but turned back then, and looked out once more on to the rose-lit garden, she would have seen that which would have made her own sufferings seem but light and easy to bear--a strong man, overwhelmed with his own passion and despair. Pride had given way at last, obstinacy was gone: the will was powerless. He was but a man madly, blindly, passionately in love and as soon as her light footstep had died away within the house, he knelt down upon the terrace steps, and in the very madness of his love he kissed one by one the places where her small foot had trodden, and the stone balustrade, where her tiny hand had rested last.

Baroness Orczy ~ The Scarlet Pimpernel

• Like 1

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.”-- Kurt Vonnegut

• Like 3

You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am (...)

Terry, On The Waterfront

:D 

Edited by oak
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

“We are living in a culture entirely hypnotized by the illusion of time, in which the so-called present moment is felt as nothing but an infintesimal hairline between an all-powerfully causative past and an absorbingly important future. We have no present. Our consciousness is almost completely preoccupied with memory and expectation. We do not realize that there never was, is, nor will be any other experience than present experience. We are therefore out of touch with reality. We confuse the world as talked about, described, and measured with the world which actually is. We are sick with a fascination for the useful tools of names and numbers, of symbols, signs, conceptions and ideas.” -- Alan Watts

Edited by moment
  • Like 5

When you know a thing, to hold that you know it, and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it - this is knowledge.

Confucius

• Like 2

"The life that conquers is the life that moves with a steady resolution and persistence toward a predetermined goal. Those who succeed are those who have thoroughly learned the immense importance of plan in life, and the tragic brevity of time." - W.J. Davison

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.-- Will Rogers

• Like 1

When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves.

Viktor Frankl

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.

Marcus Aurelius

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy." - Paul Sweeney

• Like 3