GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

(They Thought He Was a Goner) The Cat Came Back

"Long ago... [mankind] recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life giving Prana or creative force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles all things and phenomena. The primary substance, thrown into infinitesimal whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion ceases and matter disappears, reverting to the primary substance".-Nikola Tesla

"In order to do anything in this lift,
we must first have energy."

"Inwardly alert, open, calm.
Outwardly upright, extended, filled with spirit.
This is the foundation of stillness.
Add the hard and the soft, the powerful and the relaxed,
Motion and stillness, contraction and extension:
In the instant these converge, there is power."

Edited by JaysahnzDao
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Apeiron&Peiron said:

“Quantum theory can be seen as a generalized probability theory, an abstract thing that can be studied detached from its application to physics...What the physical system is is not specified and plays no role in the results... [In essence, it's] the syntax of physical theories, once we strip them of the semantics."

--Giulio Chiribella (Quantum Physicist) [On why quantum mechanics doesn't say anything about reality in a physical or metaphysical sense] 

What's he talking about?

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God and destroys a visible Nature. Unaware that this Nature he's destroying is this God he's worshiping." -Hubert Reeves

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, zanshin said:

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God and destroys a visible Nature. Unaware that this Nature he's destroying is this God he's worshiping." -Hubert Reeves

I just thought that this is worthy of repeating.

• Like 1

We come from the unknown and return to the unknown. Many fear the unknown of their own eternal home.

Adapt or suffer.

When facing an opponent always leave a way out. This way one does not create a tiger.

• Like 1

“She understood as women often do more easily than men, that the declared meaning of a spoken sentence is only its overcoat, and the real meaning lies underneath its scarves and buttons.”

– Peter Carey

• Like 3

No man is your friend,
No man is your enemy,
Every man is your teacher.

- unknown

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 2

"In a nutshell, the main strategy in XiangQi is to preserve oneself long enough for the chance to defeat your opponent to appear "保存自己,力爭勝敵"

• Like 2

"May I Never Be Complete.

May I Never Be Content.

May I Never Be Perfect."

-Palahniuk, Fight Club, Chapter 4

"Forge yourself in The Way. Touch upon all of the arts."

-Miyomoto Musashi

"Reject unworthy passions."

-Shaolin Martial Apothogm 

"Given the proper stimulus, anything can flourish."

-Mr. Popo, Dragonball

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

-Charles Bukowski

"When Heaven makes a great turn, not even someone like you can remain in place."

-Zhang Jue 

• Like 1

"The dreamer can be dreamed, the dreaming and what can be dreamed, but who can dream the dreamer?"

~"Echoes of Silence - Avadhut Gita Revisited" by Karl Renz.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Interesting.  Can one dream being the dreamer?  A dream within a dream?  Is the mind capable of that?

Aside from OBEs and Lucid Dreams, I am also often aware that I am dreaming. Sometimes I am aware that the world is a dream; sometimes I am also aware that 'this' world is also a dream; sometimes I am aware that all worlds are dreams.

RC

• Like 2

4 hours ago, redcairo said:

Aside from OBEs and Lucid Dreams, I am also often aware that I am dreaming. Sometimes I am aware that the world is a dream; sometimes I am also aware that 'this' world is also a dream; sometimes I am aware that all worlds are dreams.

RC

WoW!  You dream a lot.

2 minutes ago, rainbowvein said:

"Everybody has godly energy. In some people it is hard to find; it is not lost, but just buried by contamination."
- Hua-Ching Ni

I know that is a pure thought.  Hard to hold to oftentimes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Interesting.  Can one dream being the dreamer?  A dream within a dream?  Is the mind capable of that?

Is not the "waking up" within a dream, a figment of the dream itself? :)

Mind is the host of ghosts, a graveyard of ideas. When sleep is deep, without dreaming, where has this mind gone? From where does it arise?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apeiron&Peiron said:

That would depend on where the match is situated...

Took me a few seconds to fully grasp what you said.  You done good.

• Like 1