GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

“I am not trying to turn you into me, I am trying to turn you into you.” Master Shifu

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 5

Humor has a tremendous place in this sordid world. ... If you can see things out of whack, then you can see how things can be in whack.

Theodor Suess Geiss

writer illustrator

• Like 4

"Without government regulation the gullible get taken advantage of. With government regulation everyone gets taken advantage of." Ron Sharp

• Like 4

Three quotes from Ivory Compton Burnett...

A leopard does not change his spots, or change his feeling that spots are rather a credit.

There isn´t much to say.  I haven´t been at all deedy.

People don´t resent having nothing nearly as much as too little.

• Like 2

That's a worthy quote.

I used to give a substantial part of my money to charitable organizations but the past three or so years the government has been taking more and more of my money to do whatever they want to do with it so that I just gave up on giving out of compassion.

And I agree, it is the compassion of the givers who make giving worth while.  Being forced to give, even to agendas that one does not agree with, sucks.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OldSaint said:

One of the reasons cultivation is so important. Compassion must come from within. 

I guess that's too big for a tattoo, isn't it?

• Like 3

To lie habitually, as a way of life, is to lose contact with the unconscious. It is like taking sleeping pills, which confer sleep but blot out dreaming. The unconscious wants truth. It ceases to speak to those who want something else.

Adrienne Rich

• Like 3

“What are your fees?" inquired Guyal cautiously. "I respond to three questions," stated the augur. "For twenty terces I phrase the answer in clear and actionable language; for ten I use the language of cant, which occasionally admits of ambiguity; for five, I speak a parable which you must interpret as you will; and for one terce, I babble in an unknown tongue.” 
 Jack Vance, Tales of the Dying Earth

• Like 3

"I will not be judged by you or society, i will wear whatever and blow whomever i want as long as i can breathe and kneel." Samantha Jones :P  

• Like 1

On the willows, there
We hung up our lyres
For our captors there Require Of us songs
And our tormentors mirth

• Like 1

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

Hereclitus

• Like 3

I have found that what one thinks of as negative energy from others is energy hitting on shared issues. If you didn't share the obstruction the energy would flow on through. It would have nothing to hit or get stuck on or feel negative.

What I have found is when you experience those moments use them to work within yourself. Reside in the feeling of that energy, let go of the mental stories and just reside.

It is that residing beyond the mental stories and with the obstruction/energy that allows one to let go of the issue/obstruction.

Jonesboy  (member) <more a deep insight then a quote> 

• Like 3