GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

True story today lunchtime.

Sitting in car eating lunch by the lake with friend also eating lunch.

Windy,stormish,no rain,just wild warm weather.

Staring out at the lake,windows open on one side of car.

Another only other car drives over,old man driver,asks my name.

"Seen you around" says the old man."you know you should get a tattoo of a rabbit on your head,they look like hares"

Well my head is bald,so this was funny.Old man drives off without without saying anything more.haha

Now post quote,still breaking out in laughter.

Edited by Aussie
  • Like 3

“Filling the conscious mind with ideal conceptions is a characteristic of Western theosophy, but not the confrontation with the shadow and the world of darkness. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The later procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.”   C.G. Jung

(New Age thinking is, in part, an outgrowth of theosophy  -  arguably a further degeneration into one-sided blindness.) 

• Like 1

(New Age thinking is, in part, an outgrowth of theosophy  -  arguably a further degeneration into one-sided blindness.) 

You can say that again!

“Our age is proud of the progress it has made in man’s intellectual development. The search and striving for truth and knowledge is one of the highest of man’s qualities - though often the pride is most loudly voiced by those who strive the least. And certainly we should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. It cannot lead, it can only serve; and it is not fastidious in its choices of a leader. This characteristic is reflected in the qualities of its priests, the intellectuals. The intellect has a sharp eye for methods and tools, but is blind to ends and values. So it is no wonder that this fatal blindness is handed from old to young and today involves a whole generation.”  (Einstein, Out of My Later Years.

• Like 2

The man who was most influential on me during my teenage years:

"The only religious opinion I feel sure of is this: self-awareness is not just a bunch of amino acids bumping together."

"The first principle of freedom is the right to go to hell in your own handbasket."

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-- Robert Heinlein

• Like 2

You will find on the right in Hades' halls a spring, and by it stands a ghostly cypress-tree,

where the dead souls descending wash away their lives. Do not even draw nigh this spring.

Further on you will find chill water flowing from the pool of Memory: over this stand guardians.

They will ask you with keen mind what is your quest in the gloom of deadly Hades.

They will ask you for what reason you have come. Tell them the whole truth straight out.

Say: 'I am the son of Earth and starry Heaven, but of Heaven is my birth: this you know yourselves. I am parched with thirst and perishing: give me quickly chill water flowing from the pool of Memory.'

Assuredly the kings of the underworld take pity on you, and will themselves give you water from the spring divine; then you, when you have drunk, traverse the holy path which other initiates and bacchants tread in glory.

After that you will rule amongst the other heroes.

• Like 1

1. Avoid “Us vs. Them” mentalities like the plague.  http://highexistence.com/50-life-secrets-and-tips-pt-3/

“Us vs Them” mentalities might be the single greatest source of hatefulness, violence, and war in human history (i.e. things that suck for everyone). We evolved to form groups, but when we over-identify with our ingroups to the point of developing group narcissism, we tend also to begin directing animosity and hostility toward outgroups. We begin to see the world as a collection of groups that are necessarily in conflict with one another.

3. We create a world of good guys and enemies, and in this separation we sow the seeds of aggression and violence.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4

· Ὁ Αἰὼν παῖς ἐστι παίζων, πεττεύων· παιδὸς ἡ βασιληίη

· Τελεσφόρος διελαύνων τοὺς σκοτεινοὺς τοῦ κόσμου τόπους, καὶ ὡς ἀστὴρ ἀναλάμπων ἐκ τοῦ βάθους, ὁδηγεῖ · παρ' Ἠελίοιο πύλας καὶ δῆμον ὀνείρων

Time is a child — playing like a child — playing a board game — the kingdom of the child. This is Telesphoros, who roams through the dark regions of this cosmos and glows like a star out of the depths. He points the way to the gates of the sun and to the land of dreams.

- Carl Jung

• Like 2

Enjoy:

"Like attracts like, so vibrating like a sick washing machine will only attract washing machine repair."
- SonOfTheGods (Dao Bums)

"I do not recognize the good of others as a justification for my existance. If their fair share demands that I get nothing for my labors, that it requires me to be a victim, then I say public good be damned. I'll have no part of it."
- Hank Reardon (Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand)

"You cannot excel at anything you do not love."
- Karakurt (The Blacklist)

"You cannot excel in what you do not love, and you cannot love what you do not understand."
- Henry Edwards (Hythe Course of Instruction In Musketry)

"I believe looking reality straight in the eye and denying it."
- Garrison Keillor

"Although the mind resists it, the fact is that like me, you have a choice between having the life you want or the reasons why you can't"
- Alberto Villoldo (Courageous Dreaming)

"Let the vibration and the feeling come first, and any word and action that is inspired come second."
- Abraham-Hicks

"Sometimes you must find how much music you can make with what you have left."
- Itzhak Perlman

“Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren't any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn't be here in the first place. And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life's challenges and problems seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes that matter in the world come about. So be that one person. ”
R. Buckminster Fuller

The truly free individual is free only to the extent of his own self mastery,
While those who will not govern themselves are condemned to find masters to govern over them.
- Aristotle (as said by Steven Pressfield)

Fundamentalism is the philosphy of the powerless, the conquered, the displaced and the dispossed.
- Steven Pressfield

Fundamentailsm is the despair of freedom... The state of modern life... The fundamentalist... cannot stand freedom.
- Steven Pressfield

Fundamentalism and art are mutually exclusive.
- Steven Pressfield

The inverted creativity of the fundamentalist creates destruction.
- Steven Pressfield (paraphrased)

Like the artist, the fundamentalist expreiences resistance (experiencing) it as temptation to sin.
- Steven Pressfield

The fundamentalist hates and fears women because he sees them as vessels of Satan, temptresses, like Delilah, who seduced Sampson from his power.
- Steven Pressfield

When fundamentalism wins, the world enters a dark age.
- Steven Pressfield

Casting yourself as a victim is the antithesis of doing your work.
Don't do it! If you're doing it, stop!
- Steven Pressfield

It was easier for Hitler to start World War 2,
Than it was for him to face a blank square of canvas.
- Steven Pressfield

We can navigate by resistance, letting it guide us to that calling or action that we must follow before all others.
- Steven Pressfield

Resistance has no strength of its own,
Every ounce of juice it possesses comes from us.
We feed it with power by our fear of it,
Master that fear and we conquer resistance.
- Steven Pressfield

Rule of thumb:
The more important a call or action is to our soul's evolution,
The more resistance we will feel towards pursuing it.
- Steven Pressfield

"Sometimes you must find how much music you can make with what you have left."
- Itzhak Perlman

What you imagine is more powerful that what you know.
- Einstein (paraphrased)

"To be mindful is to pay attention, on purpose,
To this present moment, without judgment,
As if your life depended on it."
Jon Kabat-Zinn
(Mindfullness for Beginners)

"Be Here Now"
Ram Das

"If you believe in nothing else,
Don't stop believing in yourself."
Alter Bridge, "All Ends Well"

"I'm done with my graceless heart,
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out,
And then restart."
- Florence and The Machine

"But your imperfect path is a heart made of glass,
And the world is a charming grenade"
- Demon Hunter

Time is the rock,
Within which we bore.
- Myst - The Book of Ti'ana
(paraphrased)

The greater danger of psychic power is that man stumbles, as it were, into them and knows not how to use them rightly. He is without training and without knowledge of what has happened to him. The danger is that in using these psychic powers, the sexual feelings are abnormally aroused as these powers are in fact manufactured out of the sexual center." (Vivekananda 6:131)

Beware your thoughts, for they will become your words
Beware your words, for they will become your actions
Beware your actions, for they will become your habits
Beware your habits, for they will seal your fate

God loves you...
Everyone else thinks you're an asshole

"What I hear, I forget. What I see, I remember.
And what I do, I understand."
~ Chinese Proverb

I'd engage you in a battle of wits but I don't fight unarmed opponents.

"I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect... therefore, I am perfect"
-Anonymous

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.
- Jack Handey

I took the IQ test and the results were negative.

Expect the worst of people and you will never be surprised.

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”

-Isaac Asimov

• Like 6

If I speak in the spirit of this time, I must say: no one and nothing can justify what I must proclaim to you. Justification is superfluous to me, since I have no choice, but I must. I have learned that in addition to the spirit of this time there is still another spirit at work, namely that which rules the depths of everything contemporary. The spirit of this time would like to hear of use and value. I also thought this way, and my humanity still thinks this way. But that other spirit forces me nevertheless to speak, beyond justification, use, and meaning. Filled with human pride and blinded by the presumptuous spirit of the times, I long sought to hold that other spirit away from me. But I did not consider that the spirit of the depths from time immemorial and for all the future possesses a greater power than the spirit of this time, who changes with the generations. The spirit of the depths has subjugated all pride and arrogance to the power of judgment. He took away my belief in science, he robbed me of the joy of explaining and ordering things, and he let devotion to the ideals of this time die out in me. He forced me down to the last and simplest things.

The spirit of the depths took my understanding and all my knowledge and placed them at the service of the inexplicable and the paradoxical. He robbed me of speech and writing for everything that was not in his service, namely the melting together of sense and nonsense, which produces the supreme meaning.

The supreme meaning is great and small - it is as wide as the space of the starry Heaven and as narrow as the cell of the living body.

- Carl Jung, Liber Primus

• Like 3

Once lived, the past has very little value. And yet we carry its lifeless body into all future moments, allowing it to crush us with its weight, to identify us, and to speak for us.

Don Miguel Ruiz

• Like 4

“I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.”

Isaac Newton
  • Like 4

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.

• Like 1