GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

“We must do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian-Darwinian theory, he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.” Buckminister Fuller

• Like 4

"The biggest crux to the evolution of humanity is breaking through your own indoctrination. It is very, very difficult to overcome emotional elements that have become so engrained in you, that you have an immediate reaction, an immediate suffering and pain, if something interfers with [your idea of the status quo]. It's a very, very complex problem. We have to learn how to identify and break our own indoctrination if we expect to move forward at all as a civilization" PJ Merola

• Like 1

nice

Edited by skydog

It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure. "

--Joseph Campbell
  • Like 2

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good -- need we ask anyone to tell us these things?"

• Like 2

i sure am posting a few quotes lately , for someone who isnt really big on others quotes, or even my own!

but i found this from sifu jenny,

and she says it comes from guatama buddha

regardless, it rocks

There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path.”

• Like 2

"Myself when young did eagerly frequent
Doctor and Saint, and heard great Argument
About it and about; but evermore
Came out by the same Door as in I went
."

by Omar Khayyam
(11th Century)

• Like 1

"Truth is a pathless land." Krishnamurti

"Your belief in god, is nothing but an escape from your cruel, stupid, and pathetic life." Krishnamurti

"If you want to be happy, be." Tolstoy

"Fuck it." Humans

"Concentrate, feel the force flow" Yoda

"It's never too late to be wise." Me

"A rising sun will eventually set, a newborn's life will fade
From sun to moon, moon to sun
Give peaceful rest to the living dead.

Lost souls wander where they don't belong;
Bring them rest with the sun's song"

~ The composer brothers, Flat and Sharp; Inscribed inside the Royal Family's Tomb

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

"They have given us into the hands of the new unhappy lords,

Lords without anger and honour, who dare not carry their swords.

They fight by shuffling papers; they have bright dead alien eyes;

They look at our labour and laughter as a tired man looks at flies.

And the load of their loveless pity is worse than the ancient wrongs,

Their doors are shut in the evenings; and they know no songs."

G.K. Chesterton

• Like 1

"Be as a flower; content to be, to grow in sweetness day by day. If thou would’st perfect thyself in knowledge, perfect thyself in Love. If thou would’st reach the Highest, ceaselessly cultivate a loving and compassionate heart. To him who chooses Goodness, sacrificing all, is given that which is more than, and includes, all."

"The Great Law never cheats any man of his just due. Human life, when rightly lived, is simple with a beautiful simplicity. He who comprehends the utter simplicity of life, who obeys its laws, and does not step aside into the dark paths and complex mazes of selfish desire, stands where no harm can reach him. Then there is fullness of joy, abounding plenty, and rich and complete blessedness."

edit: Both quotes by James Allen.

Edited by Colonel Goji

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf."

-- recent wisdom from a fortune cookie

Awesome, lol I usually don't like fortune cookie sayings but that is cool! :D

• Like 1

"You are responsible for what you see." Anonymous

"We live life forward but understand it backward." Soren Kierkegaard

"How do you make God laugh? ...make a plan!" Woody Allen

• Like 1

Albert Einstein:

"The scientists’ religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection."

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

"We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality."

"A human being is a part of the whole, called by us Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest-a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty."

• Like 2

‘Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know. - [Lao Tzu]

‘To talk without knowing is unwise. To know but to keep silent is cowardly.‘ [Han Fe Tse]

• Like 1

“I mean—hell, I been surprised how sane you guys all are. As near as I can tell you’re not any crazier than the average asshole on the street.” – R.P. McMurphy – One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest

“I mean—hell, I been surprised how sane you guys all are. As near as I can tell you’re not any crazier than the average asshole on the street.” – R.P. McMurphy – One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest

This could be the TBs motto.