GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

Question: You have told me about the process of the work, but I don't know all the different terms- please instruct me.

Answer: The different terms are just symbols- none are beyond body and mind.

[From: The Book of Balance and Harmony; translated by Thomas Cleary, 2003, p. 400]

"My goal is not to wake up at age 40 with the bitter realization that I have wasted my life on a job I hate because I was forced to decide on a career in my teens."

Edited by Desert Eagle

A dog is not reckoned good because he barks well, and a man is not reckoned wise because he speaks skillfully.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain

Walk Softly and Carry a Loud Stick

what can I say... I like dogs and I'm a Didgeridoo player :D

Edited by Yulaw

Supernatural Season 7 Episode" The Mentalist" Dean Winchester:

"There is Wuwu-Crap that works and there is Wuwu-Crap that not works"

The secret of the world is to have no fear ( Buddha) :)

good quote :) here is another by the buddha:

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world."

-Buddha

My Favorite quote is :

"Beginning today, treat everyone you meet

as if they were going to be dead by midnight.

Extend to them all the care, kindness,

and understanding you can muster,

and do it with no thought of any reward.

Your life will never be the same again."

~ Og Mandino ~

:closedeyes:

• Like 1

"We all have good days and bad days.The difference between then depends on the quality of our Qi.We practise Qigong so that every day can be a good day."

- Robert Peng, Dan Ming Qigong.

• Like 3

Su (Japanese for plain/unadorned) -- The philosophy behind Japanese and now international lifestyle superchain Muji.

We believe that simplicity is not merely modest or frugal, but could possibly be more appealing than luxury.

(Masaaki Kanai - President, Muji, Japan)

"Accept the fact that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue!"

by Michael Grant White, Optimal Breathing Coach.

"Master Lu realized this obstacle early in his training and came up with a simple solution. "If it's so difficult to control where the Chi goes," he thought, "why not begin by absorbing more Chi – enough to overflow throughout the body." "

"I came to realize that many ancient forms of martial arts had been passed down for centuries without ever being reassessed. Many ancient practices had lost their efficiency because they were simply no longer accurate or relevant in modern times.

Another problem was that some Masters were more powerful than others, but there was no definite way to determine how this power was achieved because no one had evaluated their methods in depth."

-Master Lu, known for the Five Elements Breathing Method-

"A very important consideration when working with this type of meditation is to realize that you are the originator of your own transformation. The sounds can assist you, but they are not the agents of change. You are."

-Tom Kenyon- from the article "A Shamanic/Hathor Heart Chakra Sound Meditation"

Edited by Friend

" The world is exactly the way we think it is, and that's why."

from the book Illusions (lots of good quotes in that book)

P.S. Every word out of Chief Seattle's mouth is wisdom. If you haven't read his letter to President Franklin Pierce in 1855 I urge you to do so. If you are alive and paying attention, you will cry.

Oh gosh one of my favorites is

From Restaurant at the end of the universe by Douglas Adams

"Your very sure if your facts, I couldn't trust the thinking of a man who takes the universe -if there is one- for granted. "

But I have a book of favorite collected quotes. Maybe I'll share a few others later