GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

I must confess, I was born at a very early age.

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Why a four-year-old child could understand this report. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it.

All Groucho Marx

I'm a great believer in initial conditions. How we start a thing determines how it will go.

ie

"The first hour of the morning is the rudder of the day."

Henry Ward Beecher

I'm a great believer in initial conditions. How we start a thing determines how it will go.

ie

"The first hour of the morning is the rudder of the day."

Henry Ward Beecher

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."-- Oscar Wilde

"the fantastic, when looked at properly, is much less interesting (and a lot less fantastic) than the everyday."-- Terry Pratchett

"A hero is a person who overcomes a tragedy and promises never to let the same thing happen to anyone else. A villain is someone who overcomes a tragedy and swears never to let it happen to him or herself again."-- Ruth Morrison

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."-- Douglas Adams

For the equestrian set:

"Events are in the saddle and they ride mankind" -- Emerson

"People are the horses the genes ride"--(?)

Buddhist teach : "Buddha is ones heart"

I tell you: "If you can not find Buddha in your heart

then make your heart as big as the universe,

then they surely are in your heart."

"I have heard the sages of old talk about an archer who used a bow made of very weak strip of wood and a bowstring made of a thin string of cotton to shoot down two birds with one arrow. He could do this because his attention was focused and he understood the balance of give and pull."

--Ch'u fisherman in Lieh-Tzu translated by Eva Wong

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

J. Krishnamurti

• Like 1

"The possession of knowledge is not to demonstrate how much one knows. It is a matter of digestion and application. Ignoring the facts blurs the foreseeing intellectual focus. One with an open mind can behold a panorama blindfolded. Finally, the denial of the unwanted truth is a move toward the deprivation of learning."

Edited by ChiDragon

If you have time to breathe, you have time to meditate. (Ajahn Chah)

The wise man who sees the world as illusion does not act as if it is real. Therefore he does not suffer.

-Buddha (I think, but don't quote me :blink: )

• Like 1

"People travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the seas, at the long course of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and yet they pass by themselves without wondering."

St. Augustine

Edited by Adishakti

"I could not in good conscience, vote for someone who honestly thinks that the other 95% of us (who believe in god) suffer from some sort of mass delusion." Palmer Joss (actor Matthew McConaughey) in the 1997 film 'Contact'.

Each moment is all being, each moment is the entire world. Reflect now whether any being or any world is left out of the present moment.

~Dogen, "Uji" (from Shobogenzo)

Well, I want my signature and for that need 17 more posts. Luckily I have some quotes in a file. Lost most of them though... Here we go:

"Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life." - Lord Byron

I realize life is short so I'm marking this day

Now it's full speed ahead; I'll rest when I'm dead

and I could give a fuck what the next man said

I live how I wanna live

Buy what I wanna buy

Do what I wanna do

Try what I wanna try

Fear nothin, take chances

Not afraid to fail; always making advances

So when I ride on the Grim Reaper Highway,

no regrets bitch, I did it my way

John Cena, If It All Ended Tomorrow

"But if I die tonight, at least I can say I did what I wanted to do. Tell me, how 'bout you?"

- Madonna, 4 Minutes to Save the World (Like it or not)