GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

"The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him." - Stanislaw Jerszy Lec

What we must decide is perhaps how we are valuable,rather than how valuable we are.

- Edgar Z. Friedenber

One kind word can warm three winter months.

- Japanese proverb

The earth has music

for those who listen.

- William Shakespeare

What we must decide is perhaps how we are valuable,rather than how valuable we are.

- Edgar Z. Friedenber

One kind word can warm three winter months.

- Japanese proverb

The earth has music

for those who listen.

- William Shakespeare

"Fundamentally our experiences as experienced are no different from the Zen master's. Where we differ is that we place a fog, a particular kind of conceptual overlay onto our experiences and then make emotional investments in that overlay, taking these experiences to be *real* in and of themselves" - The Wanderling

Taking life seriously does not mean spending our whole lives meditating as if we were living in the Himalaya Mountains or in the old days in Tibet. In the modern world, we have to work to earn our living, but we should not get entangled in a nine-to-five existence, where we live without any view of the deeper meaning of life.

Our task is to strike a balance, to find a middle way, to learn not to overextend ourselves with extraneous activities and preoccupations, but to simplify our lives more and more. The key to finding a happy balance in modern life is simplicity. - Sogyal Rinpoche

In my opinion... seeing the complex in the simple is seeing the simple in the complex.

"The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him." - Stanislaw Jerszy Lec

um...oops....ahem...

(but isn't that Stanislaw Lem?)

Taking life seriously does not mean spending our whole lives meditating as if we were living in the Himalaya Mountains or in the old days in Tibet. In the modern world, we have to work to earn our living, but we should not get entangled in a nine-to-five existence, where we live without any view of the deeper meaning of life.

Our task is to strike a balance, to find a middle way, to learn not to overextend ourselves with extraneous activities and preoccupations, but to simplify our lives more and more. The key to finding a happy balance in modern life is simplicity. - Sogyal Rinpoche

Yes, but how many of us are doing just that?

In my opinion... seeing the complex in the simple is seeing the simple in the complex.

I agree.

um...oops....ahem...

(but isn't that Stanislaw Lem?)

I have no idea. I only copied to quote.

And in all honesty posting that quote was very intentional and directed more to myself than to anyone else. :)

Peace & Love!

Edited by Marblehead

My favourite Quote:

FOCUS ON UNDERSTANDING YOURSELF, INSTEAD OF BLAMING OTHERS

Have a wonderful day everyone :D

Luv Jess xx

Energy flows where the attention goes.

Heard it from David Icke, very profound, doubt he is the author.

"When there is no justice, the ninja appear, they need no great amount of skill, or training, just the will to endure." Ashida Kim

"Princes and kings may gain some temporary advantage through force, but the the only lasting accomplishments are achieved through love. This is the first lesson of Ninjitsu." Ashida Kim

These two quotes have an enormous influence on me! You all probably heard it before but I love typing them out. :lol:

My spirit darted forth and did not return to me,

And my body, left tenantless, grew withered and lifeless.

Then I looked into myself to strengthen my resolution,

And sought to learn from where the primal spirit issues.

In emptiness and silence I found serenity;

In tranquil inaction I gained true satisfaction.

I heard how once Red Pine had washed the world's dust off:

I would model myself on the pattern he had left me.

I honoured the wondrous powers of the Pure Ones,

And those of past ages who had become Immortals.

They departed in the flux of change and vanished from men's sight,

Leaving a famous name that endures after them.

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."

Sir Francis Bacon,

"... strangeness in the proportion."

Sir Francis Bacon,

Isn't that what highlights the beauty. What makes it unique and special?

Peace & Love!

"Love is fearless in the midst of the sea of fear"

-Rumi

Right - so, maybe well to fear whatever runs in the 'face of nature',

Chief Seattle of the Suqamis:

"Man does not weave the web of life.

He is merely a strand of it.

Whatever he does to the web,

he does to himself."

So what are we gonna do, eh?

Like Manitou said,

"At some level, the advice is 'do nothing'

Like Manitou said,

"At some level, the advice is 'do nothing'

I agree. There are times when the best thing to do is to do nothing. Wu Wei.

Peace & Love!

I didn't read every single quote in this thread so if I post some repeats consider it quotation for emphasis :D

"I have never experienced another human being. I have experienced my impressions of them."

-Robert Anton Wilson

"Medicine is not only a science; it is also an art. It does not consist of compounding pills and plasters; it deals with the very processes of life, which must be understood before they may be guided."

-Paracelsus

"The head is the house of the tongue; our bodies affectively speak less falsely."

-Austin Osman Spare

"Remember, it's your own body, your own brain. You're not a victim of the universe, you are the universe."

"The best thing about the past is that it's over. The best thing about the future is that it's yet to come. The best thing about the present is that it's here now."

-Richard Bandler

"Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink."

-Charles Bukowski

"The important thing is to be. If there is no Real I then the ego takes over. Energy can not be without relationship. If it does not serve I intentionally then it automatically serves the ego."

- Madame De Salzmann (disciple of Gurdjieff)

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." - William Jennings Bryan

If you wish to see the truth,

then hold no opinions for or against anything.

To set up what you like against what you dislike

is the disease of the mind.

Chien-chih Seng-ts'an