GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

Excerpt from Chuang Tzu's (Zhangzi) Autumn Floods. The dialouge is from "Jo of the North Seas" section.

"There is no end to the weighing of things, no stop to time, no constancy to the division of lots, no fixed rule to beginning and end. Therefore great wisdom observes both far and near, and for that reason recognizes small without considering it paltry, recognizes large without considering it unwieldy"

TRUTH>on this path, i am home<LOVE

~me

flow like water

~me

i don't want my life to be something i've already seen in some movie

~me

screw my house & this education~you are my teachers & the world is my mansion!

~me

an erection does not count as personal growth

~anonymous

!MORE LATER!

One of my favourite excerpts from Kurt Vonnegut :

" I once knew an Episcopalian lady in Newport, Rhode Island, who asked me to design and build a doghouse for her Great Dane. The lady claimed to understand God and His Ways of Working perfectly. She could not understand why anyone should be puzzled about what had been or about what was going to be.

And yet, when I showed her a blueprint of the doghouse I proposed to build, she said to me, "I'm sorry, but I never could read one of those things."

"Give it to your husband or your minister to pass on to God, "I said, "and, when God finds a minute, I'm sure he'll explain this doghouse of mine in a way that even you can understand."

She fired me. I shall never forget her. She believed that God liked people in sailboats much better than He liked people in motorboats. She could not bear to look at a worm. When she saw a worm, she screamed.

She was a fool, and so am I, and so is anyone who thinks he sees what God is doing."

Would you rather be right or would you rather be free? Byron Katie (I think)

Seek nothing but to cease seeking... Unknown

Carson :D

Edited by CarsonZi

Why do we imitate? Why do we have favorite quotes? Are we that insignificant? Are we so dull inside that we rely on others to make us feel good and then we go about imitating them?

~ They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Edgar Allan Poe~

One of my favorites.

"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

hey rex - any clues on the 1st nation author of the quote about passing on: "...we disappear like smoke along our own trail."?
Not too sure, but there's this one by Chief Seattle as recorded by Dr. Henry Smith in 1854:

"Day and night cannot dwell together.

The red man has ever fled the approach of the white man,

as the changing mists on the mountain side flee before the blazing morning sun. "

I know your all expecting something from Lao Tzu or Confucius or Bodhidharma, Ghandi etc. and You might all think I'm stupid for choosing this quote but to be honest, for me and maybe for many of you it has great significance. That is, my quote, and yes you can laugh at me, is from Batman Begins. :)

"Why do we fall ? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again."

Many of us in this practice rise very high, so much so that we begin to forget that we are human beings, whether it is a sexual emission, a flit of rage, a jealous thought, a lustful gaze, we've all been there, if anyone says they haven't they're either Buddha reincarnate or a liar. What I found very important about this quote is that yes we do fall sometimes, sometimes it feels as if we are so high we have mountains beneath our feet, and when we fall we can only look at the great heights at which we once stood, even if an inch at a time, I will never ever forget to rise again, no matter how many times it takes, till I get it right, this is what that saying means to me.

I know your all expecting something from Lao Tzu or Confucius or Bodhidharma, Ghandi etc. and You might all think I'm stupid for choosing this quote but to be honest, for me and maybe for many of you it has great significance. That is, my quote, and yes you can laugh at me, is from Batman Begins. :)

"Why do we fall ? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again."

Many of us in this practice rise very high, so much so that we begin to forget that we are human beings, whether it is a sexual emission, a flit of rage, a jealous thought, a lustful gaze, we've all been there, if anyone says they haven't they're either Buddha reincarnate or a liar. What I found very important about this quote is that yes we do fall sometimes, sometimes it feels as if we are so high we have mountains beneath our feet, and when we fall we can only look at the great heights at which we once stood, even if an inch at a time, I will never ever forget to rise again, no matter how many times it takes, till I get it right, this is what that saying means to me.

First let me say that I wasn't expecting anything specific from anyone specific and have enjoyed all the quotes shared here. I personally like the quote you have shared here. As I move along my journey I have found inspiration in sometimes, what could be called, the most unlikely places. If you open your eyes, open your mind, and open your heart then you can be inspired form almost anywhere, anytime, including movies, music, and books of all kinds. The journey is not limited in its form so why should the inspiration be limited in its expression.

Thank You