Sign in to follow this  
Mattimo

Poor Teeth Health and Taoist Practices

Hi everyone,

This may sound like an extremely juvenille question/fear but nonetheless it is something that I have worried about. Can poor teeth health and also having multiple missing teeth affect practices such as Tai-Chi / Qi-Gong in a negative way? How about if a person had all of their teeth removed later in life? What would it do to the energy flow?

Opinions and responses appreciated,

Thanks,

Matt

Hi everyone,

This may sound like an extremely juvenille question/fear but nonetheless it is something that I have worried about. Can poor teeth health and also having multiple missing teeth affect practices such as Tai-Chi / Qi-Gong in a negative way? How about if a person had all of their teeth removed later in life? What would it do to the energy flow?

Opinions and responses appreciated,

Thanks,

Matt

If the practice is only of benefit to the perfect people in perfect form, the practice is useless. Ideally the practice should benefit even those without bodies. If it can only benefit being in the body, it's a lower practice.

This is why wisdom is so precious. You can benefit from wisdom no matter what your body is like. There is an example of an enlightened sage in Chuang Tzu whose organs are bulging and whose posture is all wrong. I think that should give you an indication. Chuang Tzu is saying that the cripple is someone we can all learn from. He's saying that if the integrity is too straight, that's bad, and that a slightly crooked integrity is better and more natural.

I agree w/ Gold, but from a Western viewpoint they're finding acids formed by gingivitis, placque and the like are a slow drip that can cause inflammation which can take years off of peoples life. In the book Real Age its amazing how many more years people who floss live versus those who don't.

A clean mouth, regardless of teeth in it, is important.

One of the longest topic on the bums was on tooth health. You may find it worth paging through.

Yours

Michael

Sign in to follow this