Rootless Traveler

More Taoist Classics and Texts

Beloved Bums,

I want to make more Taoist classics and texts available in bilingual format (English-Chinese). Being a rootless traveler, I often have my books in another country or city, so I can't always use my own books.

You can help me for creating more Taoist texts. If you have any short (or not so short, but not long either) Taoist texts published in different books or in out-of-print journals, you can contribute it.

All you have to do is to scan JUST A FEW PAGES (in low-resolution picture format) and send them to me. That way, I can prepare a bilingual PDF file using your text.

I want the messages about providing texts to be posted in a separate thread, so please write messages about text exchange in this section, NOT in the main section ("Taoist classics (free download)" under "Off Topic" section).

Edited by Rootless Traveler

HAVE ART OF THE BEDCHAMBER? 1 PAGE MISSING

I'm preparing the sexual alchemical poem attributed to Chang San-feng called "The Rootless Tree" (Wu-ken Shu / Wugen Shu). The poem is translated in Douglas Wile's Art of the Bedchamber (pp. 188-92), but right now my book (Wile's book) is in another place so I can't prepare a PDF file.

I found 3 pages of it in Google Books. Only PAGE 189 is missing. Can anybody scan that page and send me?

If you scan it, the best is to copy and paste the pic into a Word file and send me as a .doc file. That way, picture formats won't become a problem.

You don't have to scan in high-res (high-resolution) mode; if it's barely readable that'll be enough.

P.S.: I'm using a Mac, not a PC.

An [un]IMPORTANT note

Dear all,

I find words like "Dear", "Sincerely Yours", or "Best Regards" a bit insincere and artificial 'cause we use them without actually feeling anything for the other person. I don't like using such words.

So if you don't see your name at the beginning of my messages (or sometimes e-mails), or if I only write your name without a "dear" etc. before it, or if I don't say "Best Regards" etc. at the end, please don't take this as an indication of disrespect. It is not.

LeonBasin,

I didn't understand what you mean there. I guess you're talking about the classics.

There are more then 25 texts now, links are here (see post #29):

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=8944&st=20

Also, for updates, I suggest reading pages 1 and 3 of the thread.

This is wonderful! I didn't know what I was trying to say with the above post! Thanks again. Got your link to your other thread, all I can say is WOWWWW!!!:) THANK YOU SO MUCH!