Agape

Feeling energy drain from mundane/stressful chores

I am becoming more aware of the energies in my body where they are and how they move around. On a plus when I'm meditating I can feel good energies or chi is it moving around me.

On the negative, I find when I am doing menial mundane tasks like having to order something online which has alot of finecky details or having to deal with other nagging tasks then I can actually feel my energy getting sucked out of my forehead. It is a definate feeling. I used to get it acutely when doing my degree and had to edit essays, footnotes, references and the like. I have tried to cut out much of the stressful factors in my life but things like this are bound to occur now and then from day to day so I want to be able to fulfil these necessary tasks without losing my centering.

Currently I will feel the energy getting sucked out like a vacuum through my head and it's even like getting a slight migraine. I even feel like a grey fog in my head for a while and have to concentrate on breathing and bring myself back down. I want to be able to function doing these dreary chores while not letting it have such an affect on me as atm it's like it's these things literally suck out my lifeforce.

Any tips/tricks for this?

Hi,

That is very common for most people too. It is due to the fact that the chi you have is not as stable while it is strong, so that you would need something to stablize it instead and you would be totallly well off.

MAK TIN SI

Try to breath deeply and look out the window once in a while before you start feeling bad, quick natural energy boost breath in as deeply as you can, hold it briefly as you raise your arms halfway and breath in more, hold it briefly as you extend arms way overhead breath in more, then bring your arms down and slowly blow it all out.

I am becoming more aware of the energies in my body where they are and how they move around. On a plus when I'm meditating I can feel good energies or chi is it moving around me.

On the negative, I find when I am doing menial mundane tasks like having to order something online which has alot of finecky details or having to deal with other nagging tasks then I can actually feel my energy getting sucked out of my forehead. It is a definate feeling. I used to get it acutely when doing my degree and had to edit essays, footnotes, references and the like. I have tried to cut out much of the stressful factors in my life but things like this are bound to occur now and then from day to day so I want to be able to fulfil these necessary tasks without losing my centering.

Currently I will feel the energy getting sucked out like a vacuum through my head and it's even like getting a slight migraine. I even feel like a grey fog in my head for a while and have to concentrate on breathing and bring myself back down. I want to be able to function doing these dreary chores while not letting it have such an affect on me as atm it's like it's these things literally suck out my lifeforce.

Any tips/tricks for this?

On walking in the mundane:

The old saying goes that all, no matter how much we cultivate, have to "chop wood, carry water".

I have found that sometimes it is a matter of how one approaches things. For instance, several years ago I decided one day that carrying out the garbage was a mundane thing that I hated. So, when I gathered the garbage bags I felt I lost energy. When I carried them to my vehicle and loaded them up I lost energy. Then while driving the garbage down to the pickup point I was feeling bad I had lost so much energy I was actually weak when I started to unload the garbage. I stopped unloading and went into my qi state. Suddenly I KNEW that it wasn't "I HAVE to take out the garbage." Instead it has become "Oh good, I GET to take out the garbage." So now taking out the garbage is a CULTIVATION experience and NOT walking in the mundane where the energy can be lost.

Also, I expect you have been doing some type of practices where you focus on the "third eye". I would suggest not doing that but instead build the foundation at the dan tian (lower). When the foundation is built then the rest of the energy centers will evolve naturally.

Also, when doing computer work take a break every 15 minutes.

Thanks for replies.

Yea, ya mu, recently I found out a new 'trick' while meditating where I felt I was able to pull energy which I could feel around the base of my spine up to my head at will. This gave me rather interesting sensations similar to when I used to smoke weed, minus the 'druggy' effect. I would just start giggling periodically and feel light and 'buzzy'. As I was impressed by this effect I kept flooding my head with this feeling a few times but haven't tried it in a week or so. I imagine it would be a good idea to try and 'shoot' these energies in other parts of my body and see what results it yields...

Any ideas on how you would explain this phenom? My tai chi intructor just said 'yea thats your microcosmic orbit' but didn't go into further detail.

Try to put your taijiprinciples in doing the dishes :)

Agape, when you go from the base of the spine to the head try to make it so that you inhale (slowly, softly) while you do this. On the outhale you can send it back from the head to the belly area and let it circulate further over the ren mai and du mai meridians. Much info on the MCO on this forum and on google :)

Its one of the essences and base of many practices including internal alchemy and sexual alchemy.

Cheers !