Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

anyone here practice full lotus? half?

w/o hurting the knees the knees?

it seems the back may be straight! but then the knees get fuxed with! and it is very hard to keep back straight in regular indian style, but then maye with a pillow i can work down to it by stengthing the muscles gradualy...

Chia always says sit on a chair bbut it is important to do both. They both are VERY very VERY important...

I occasionally do half lotus sitting on a zafu. I do this when just sitting around in addition to during meditation. Half lotus has always been comfortable for me.

Be Genki,

Tenguzake

I practice full lotus wothout pillow... Bodris advises to use a pillow...

the reason why people do full lotus is because it is siad to open up all the small channels in the legs if done long enough...

I do full lotus from time to time. It doesn't so much hurt my knees as it does my ankles. A few weeks ago I think I did a 45 minute sit in full lotus and I guess I was really out of touch with my body because it took me almost another 45 minutes to get out of it. LOL! :rolleyes:

Sunshine, how do you facilitate being comfortable in this position? In my understanding the advantage of full lotus is that it bring chi in towards to center of the body more.

i do my meditation in half lotus on a cushion.

i find this position comfortable, yet occassionally my feet go to sleep. this is easily rectified by just switching the leg on top when one begins to tingle.....

it serves me well and i actually find it a lot more comfortable than sitting on a chair.

sitting on a chair i have been realising actually puts strain on my knees.... i am a long-legged fellow and not many chairs are tall enough for me so what happens is that my knees begin to bear weight, and the knees are NOT a weight bearing joint, used only for weight transference.

Sign in to follow this