froggie

Chi phenomena and amounts of chi

I just want to throw out here:

If the chi you have at birth is supposedly all the chi you are ever going to get (i think this statement is at least half incorrect because: yes, 'chi' regulates many processes (both in your body and in the universe (and possibly beyond) if that was true then 1. it would be unwise to do anything with chi except circulate it and train it to use in dire circumstances and always try to not waste it and maybe not much more, except with what is necessary for you. But also: how does one explain someone like John Chang who is doing much more with chi than regular body processes and does seem to have enormous amounts of chi.

I think it's more along the lines that you have probably also heard before: Everything is somehow connected. - And making use of that.

One more thing: How do you explain John Chang pushing a wooden chopstick through a plate of wood of 1 inch thickness?

If the chi you have at birth is supposedly all the chi you are ever going to get (i think this statement is at least half incorrect because: yes, 'chi' regulates many processes (both in your body and in the universe (and possibly beyond) if that was true then 1. it would be unwise to do anything with chi except circulate it and train it to use in dire circumstances and always try to not waste it and maybe not much more, except with what is necessary for you.

Chi is life force "energy". Basically chi is the preponderance of phenomena to NOT stay still, to change, to oscillate, to evolve, to morph, to appear and disappear and so forth. I like to call it "shimmer". At the highest most abstract view, this shimmer is ceaseless and beginningless and trying to split it into sections, like which part of it is yours and which part of it is someone else's chi is a fool's game.

So, to say how much chi you have is impossible, because you are not a closed system. Try to understand all the implications of that statement: you are not a closed system. You are an open system.

But also: how does one explain someone like John Chang who is doing much more with chi than regular body processes and does seem to have enormous amounts of chi.

Let me ask you this. Does it take more film and more screen to make bigger explosions in the movies? No, right? With the same screen and the same film and projector you can make a tiny explosion and you can make an enormous explosion. In a tiny droplet of water the moon reflection can be seen. How can the big huge moon fit into a tiny droplet? Seems crazy, right?

It's going to be impossible for you to understand magickal phenomena as long as you think about them in terms of physics. You have to switch gears. Think of them in terms of appearances/impressions. Then you will understand! And only then. As long as you think in terms of physics and in terms of concrete amounts, you'll never understand it. That's why many Buddhist sutras talk about inconceivability of phenomena. The reason many phenomena seem inconceivable is because we have a rigid manner in which we make our conceptions. Of course someone with a more flexible mind can conceive the "inconceivable" easily.

I think it's more along the lines that you have probably also heard before: Everything is somehow connected. - And making use of that.

There is no "somehow" about it. Everything appears within a single field of awareness. That's the connection.

One more thing: How do you explain John Chang pushing a wooden chopstick through a plate of wood of 1 inch thickness?

Easy. At a deep level he and the people around him and you and me, together, our mind allows us to see it like that. Think about your question. Why are you puzzled? That's because you expect certain limitations. You believe these limitations are hard. But in reality limitations are more like habits rather than "hard", and with some training the habits can be overcome. The deeper the habit and the more unconscious the habit, the harder it is to overcome it. But it is not impossible.

If the chi you have at birth is supposedly all the chi you are ever going to get (i think this statement is at least half incorrect because: yes, 'chi' regulates many processes (both in your body and in the universe (and possibly beyond) if that was true then 1. it would be unwise to do anything with chi except circulate it and train it to use in dire circumstances and always try to not waste it and maybe not much more, except with what is necessary for you. But also: how does one explain someone like John Chang who is doing much more with chi than regular body processes and does seem to have enormous amounts of chi.

The chi from his dantien flows up through his hand into the chopstick and the chopstick softens the wood??

That's my edumacated guess <_<

The enormous amount of energy he channels into the wooden chopstick makes it stronger, like the principle of unbendable arm.

Push water with great velocity true a hose and it will straight up a bit like the wacky wailing inflatable-arm-flailing tube man.

onZHpGYFPls

The diffrence between the high voltage chopstick and the low voltage table could have something to do with it but who knows that he makes the chopstick completely yin for example and the table completely yang or the other way around. Who knows.

Also if you think of it then matter isnt solid as we mistakingly perceive it .. its empty. If you see an atom its 95% air as a matter of speech. Maybe he knows or can see something that we dont. We only use a small percentage of our brains and from that small percentage we build up what we see as reality true our senses. On itself that doesnt really sound effective. If you take science in account then you need machinery (microscopes, scanners etc) wich are used to strenghten or magnify our allready misguided senses, how do they ever gonna see whats really happenig ?

I wouldnt be suprised decades of meditation changed all this somehow in the case of GM Chang.

Dunno yust guessing to be honest :)

Edited by minkus

If the book is correct and if my memory isnt failing me right now it says his right arm is completely yang and his left yin.