TTT

ramtha any opinions?

I'm no expert, but from the little of it I've read, it seems very science fictiony w/ more then a tad of fantasy. Sometimes thats not a bad way to get ideas across.

Course I could be wrong, ramtha forgive me.

B)

I'm no expert, but from the little of it I've read, it seems very science fictiony w/ more then a tad of fantasy. Sometimes thats not a bad way to get ideas across.

Course I could be wrong, ramtha forgive me.

B)

Sure, but 99% of the Yogi stories look fiction to the average Westerner as well..

Thoughts? Yeah: Fraud. Some bored housewife who read some newagey self-help books and decided to use a (pitifully) fake british accent to rip off people who just want someone to tell them they know a "secret". None of what they/she teach(es) is new/different from any of the other new age/New Thought teachers and no evidence of a technologically advanced atlantis or lemuria has been produced. This is no different than the Fox sisters or any of the other so-called channelers that don't bring forth any information they didn't first read somewhere else.

Thoughts? Yeah: Fraud. Some bored housewife who read some newagey self-help books and decided to use a (pitifully) fake british accent to rip off people who just want someone to tell them they know a "secret". None of what they/she teach(es) is new/different from any of the other new age/New Thought teachers and no evidence of a technologically advanced atlantis or lemuria has been produced. This is no different than the Fox sisters or any of the other so-called channelers that don't bring forth any information they didn't first read somewhere else.

What about the scientific research which has been done unto her: http://www.ramtha.com/coasttocoast/research.pdf

back when evolution was first getting big, they didn't have any way to explain the existence of certain species. When this occurred, scientists would sometimes propose that they must have come from some now long gone island/continent which they would name after whatever creature they were trying to explain. In this case it was the ring tailed lemur which some guy proposed must have come from "lemuria." These critters have since then been explained and other than some guy making up a hypothetical island there was never any actual evidence to support or even point to the possibility of there being such a place as "lemuria."

but apparently ramtha came from this island even though it was admittedly made up so it must be real :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemuria_(continent)

What about the scientific research which has been done unto her: http://www.ramtha.com/coasttocoast/research.pdf

First, one can train oneself to "beat the box" when it comes to something like a lie detector (as they mention galvanic skin response and heart rate). These are things that are usually involuntary but with a little time and practice can be controlled. Look at scientologists for "clear" examples (pun intended).

Also, the other post may have been a bit harsh, it is possible that she is putting herself into a sort of trance (which could easily cause the reported effects) just as other "channelers" have done in the past. Still, unless Ramtha can offer information that "proves" his existance there is no reason to think it is more than a fraud at worst or psychological phenomenon at best.

Why?

Totally agree.

Also, personally I can't stand anything new age. It's all absolute junk. Especially channelers. Just my opinion.

Totally agree.

Also, personally I can't stand anything new age. It's all absolute junk. Especially channelers. Just my opinion.

I think anyone who charges copiuos amounts of money for courses, healing, or any other induction to knowledge is a fraud.

Sorry, but thats the way it is. Money and Ramtha was created by greedy corrupt individuals who seek to enslave the world and this dimension.

Meow:damn keyobard.

Edited by johntrevy

Ramtha is strange. The teachings are a mix of Hermetic Ideas, Indian Kundalini yoga, and New age Anthony Robbins 'You can achieve anything' style.

The main exercise, C&E, is really close to the Kriya yoga Cobra breath, but with some interesting alterations.

I think J.Z's experience is real but I don't believe all Ramthas claim's and I don't think anyone else should either. Whatever the being is it is defiantly a story teller, and never lets the truth get in the way of a good story :lol:

Anyway, they do have some fun stuff.

Seth.

back when evolution was first getting big, they didn't have any way to explain the existence of certain species. When this occurred, scientists would sometimes propose that they must have come from some now long gone island/continent which they would name after whatever creature they were trying to explain. In this case it was the ring tailed lemur which some guy proposed must have come from "lemuria." These critters have since then been explained and other than some guy making up a hypothetical island there was never any actual evidence to support or even point to the possibility of there being such a place as "lemuria."

but apparently ramtha came from this island even though it was admittedly made up so it must be real :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemuria_(continent)

the mythology surrounding Lemuria came long before the theory of evolution.

as far as Ramtha, I don't care if it's fake or not, if it works. I've heard two people that are very intelligent and resonate a great and radiant happiness say that Ramtha's school was what did it for them. One of them said, if you don't want to mess around, go to Ramtha.

I choose not to believe any of the things I hear, but I at least listen. If they are happy and Ramtha helped, then so be it.

http://ramtha.com/html/pdf/introduction.pdf

He claims to be an old Lemurian high self realised master and a lot more. For me this article is

actually dissapointing. I was getting used to miracles, Enlightenment and now this new "fiction" story

pops up... So what is your opinion guys, is it a make or a fake?

Isn't that an L Ron Hubbard story?

a bit too quick to judge... is it because she is a woman? ^_^

Personally? No, it has nothing to do with JZ being a woman, there are many wise women today and throughout history. It is more about the story and the lack of even an attempt to back up the story. It really is about as believable as L Ron's stories. Same with the "research" noted above. They tested her with a fancy lie detector, and the E-meter is a fancy lie detector. People in Scientology say they "get a lot out of the practice", people who go to Ramtha's indoctrination camp say they "get a lot out of the practice".

Note: If anyone is a Ramtha follower, this poster is happy for them and would defend their right to be one. It may be stupid or a complete fraud, but it is your choice.

The only time that I have come across her / him was in "What the Bleep". She / He just made me cringe. And if you have seen "What the bleep", you will know that Ramtha smokes a pipe - not sure if he smokes lemurian tobacco though!

Is channelling a real phenomenon or is it all total fraud?

I think chanelling is a real phenomenon. This is different from saying chanelling brings through pure and unadulterated material. Far from it.

I like what M.Winn said about it. (paraphrasing from like 10 year old memory)

You cant entirely trust things coming from a disembodied spirit. They aren't connected to a body.

Of course this statement takes as a given that this info is coming from a disembodied spirit, which I'm not sure I would even go that far.

IMO there is a potential for chanellers to be a conduit of information. But to a greater or lesser extent there are filters and translations that exist as the information is downloaded and spoken out. So it is possible for real and sometimes valuable information to come through. It also is possible for absolute bull pucky to come out.

It depends on the channel.

It depends on who is listening to it.

Who knows what can resonate and what effect it could have.

I think crying Fraud is more than a little simplistic.

That's my two cents today.

Craig

Is channelling a real phenomenon or is it all total fraud?

I think chanelling is a real phenomenon. This is different from saying chanelling brings through pure and unadulterated material. Far from it.

I like what M.Winn said about it. (paraphrasing from like 10 year old memory)

You cant entirely trust things coming from a disembodied spirit. They aren't connected to a body.

Of course this statement takes as a given that this info is coming from a disembodied spirit, which I'm not sure I would even go that far.

IMO there is a potential for chanellers to be a conduit of information. But to a greater or lesser extent there are filters and translations that exist as the information is downloaded and spoken out. So it is possible for real and sometimes valuable information to come through. It also is possible for absolute bull pucky to come out.

It depends on the channel.

It depends on who is listening to it.

Who knows what can resonate and what effect it could have.

I think crying Fraud is more than a little simplistic.

That's my two cents today.

Craig

Wouldn't you agree though, that the only way to see if something was being channeled vs. being made up would be to see if the "being" could give some information that the "channeler" was unlikely to have found out, or have information delivered in a coded/complex manner that could be verified by an outside source? For example, if Ramtha was from "Lemuria" he could give information about technology (that we haven't discovered) they used, since they were advanced (supposedly), or he could give some new development in practice. So far all Knight has done is regurgitate old New Thought teachings and perform parlor tricks.

Sometimes the spirit being channeled doesn't have good intentions, or is just mischevious. That being said, I can't tell if she is channeling or not, I also haven't learned how to access past information about our world in any means that would allow me to verify this story. You know, many spiritual stories don't seem very real, they seem ficticious or fake. Maybe only make any sense to few...

Although it is true that insanity is also an issue sometimes. It would just be easier to decide after meeting this person face to face. At the very least it would be possible to drive out a mischevious entity. If nothing like that was present it might very well be fraud or delusion.

That is just normal measurements of what happens when people go deeply into transe states. You would get the same with most people who think they are channeling someone in a simmilar pattern. You get more or less the same with a lot of peole who speak in tungs etc. It does not verify anything. Even those who sincerily believe they channel princess Diana or Elvis (quite a few by the way) would get similar readings. It does not prove anything. The way these results are presented is a million miles away from how any serious scientist would have presented such results. That in itself reduces the credibility of claims from the person "channeling" or the deity or person being "channeled" because fradulent presentation of science does not become deities or enlightened masters.

What I don`t get is this: Since there are plenty of well established effective ways to go about getting enlightened such as Tibetan Budhism, Taoist Alcemhy, Vipassana, Kriya Yoga etc. Why bother looking around for answers from people floating around in new age circles claiming to channel people from atlantis who basicly say nothing new but talk way too much about bliss and light. Just read Daniel Ingram and get on with it in an effective way.