Sign in to follow this  
innerspace_cadet

Early childhood memories of rebirth

For the longest time, I was skeptical about rebirth. But this is highly ironic, because I remember as a child, telling my older sister that I wanted to "go home" while standing inside my childhood home. "What are you talking about," I remember her saying, "you are home." At that very early age, I remember "home" as being a very small house out in the countryside, nothing like the home I grew up in during this current life, a two story suburban house with an inground pool in the back yard.

This memory has always been in the back of my mind. Does anyone here think there is anything to it?

This memory has always been in the back of my mind. Does anyone here think there is anything to it?

Yes, I do. I think there is something to it. It's like yesterday or 10 years ago. Does 10 years of your past experience make you who you are? My answer is no. You are made by where you are going and not by where you come from. However, sometimes knowing where you come from, or even just knowing that you do come from somewhere is helpful.

I am very suspicious of the memory's that have surfaced during meditation's but one very strange memory is the one from child hood. I just 'Knew' exactly what it was like to be a field of grass. :lol: Thats right, plain old Lawn. I don't remember a nasty scene with a lawn mower, but i do remember the feeling of the roots drawing water, of all the bugs crawlling through me, of wind and sun on the leaves, and of creatures grazing [me].

I used to lay awake at night wondering how it was so vivid and real.

Strange aye? :)

I am very suspicious of the memory's that have surfaced during meditation's but one very strange memory is the one from child hood. I just 'Knew' exactly what it was like to be a field of grass. :lol: Thats right, plain old Lawn. I don't remember a nasty scene with a lawn mower, but i do remember the feeling of the roots drawing water, of all the bugs crawlling through me, of wind and sun on the leaves, and of creatures grazing [me].

I used to lay awake at night wondering how it was so vivid and real.

Strange aye? :)

This is cool! :) Thanks for sharing.

One time I was meditating in my car when I suddenly became the car. That was strange too. I was worried I would wreck driving in that state, so that sensation didn't last long. Another time when I was meditating on the floor it felt like the "real me" slipped out and became the house I was in. I am just describing how it felt. I also had a friend who claimed to be able to become me the same way I could sometimes become other objects. One time he told me what I could see. It was a little freaky, so I had to stop asking him questions. He said something like, "I see with your eyes as you". So it's not like being possessed by a ghost, he explained. He said he's me in me and he's himself in him, and he's other things in other things. That was the same friend that guided and helped me to some truly amazing experiences in my 20s. Great guy, although after a while I couldn't talk to him anymore because he changed his name to one of Indian Gods, but not in a good way in my opinion. Could have been my fat ego back then, I don't know. I don't think I would care about it today. But it was strange how one day we were pals and the next day he becomes God and I can't talk to him as pals anymore. That was the part I didn't like. Oh well...

Sign in to follow this