Sign in to follow this  
forestofsouls

Charities

Does anyone have recommendations for charities? Lately, my family and I have been considering giving a monthly donation. Ideally, we would like to give it to an organization that will put it to the best use. Any suggestions?

I personaly think we should follow the "Prime Directive" and not interfere in such cultures. JUst look at ourselves. Civil war over money. The people in the developing countries are not stupid, otherwise they wouldnt have survived over all these years.

Charity= Foreign voluntry tax.

And please dont give all that bull about karma, since 1.money is an illusion created by greedy corrupt individuals.

and 2.i am in the belief that if i cannot remember my past lives, i should not be accountable for them. Otherwise i would be saying sorry for an infinate amount of things that i have no memory of.

I believe in karma for PRESNT life though, as ive seen it with my own eyes, but when you die it gets wipes clean (like starting a new game).

There is no new game+ in this world otherwise everyone would be guilty of somthing.

Think about it, if some cop came up to you and said "i want you to sign a confession for somthing that happened a thousand years ago". Would you sign it? No of course not, its essentialy framing yourself for a murder you did not commit.

It is the same with karma.

I personaly think we should follow the "Prime Directive" and not interfere in such cultures. JUst look at ourselves. Civil war over money. The people in the developing countries are not stupid, otherwise they wouldnt have survived over all these years.

Charity= Foreign voluntry tax.

And please dont give all that bull about karma, since 1.money is an illusion created by greedy corrupt individuals.

and 2.i am in the belief that if i cannot remember my past lives, i should not be accountable for them. Otherwise i would be saying sorry for an infinate amount of things that i have no memory of.

I believe in karma for PRESNT life though, as ive seen it with my own eyes, but when you die it gets wipes clean (like starting a new game).

It is the same with karma.

I agree w/ you about karma. Plus giving to get something back is a lower form of giving. Its still good, but its an exchange. But..

I give because I was taught to share w/ my brothers and sisters; and maybe everyone is.

I give because I like to live in a nice home and so far this earth is my home.

I give because no matter what your culture, it sucks to be hungry.

I give because it helps open my heart.

Here is a good one- http://www.heifer.org/#

Michael

Do you think it's just pure luck that some people are born into a stable background with a roof over there head and plenty of food and relative comfort and just bad luck that other people will be born into war zones plagued by famine and misery?

Edited by SpiralTrance

Does anyone have recommendations for charities? Lately, my family and I have been considering giving a monthly donation. Ideally, we would like to give it to an organization that will put it to the best use. Any suggestions?

Please consider http://www.feedyoursoul.org/

Do you think it's just pure luck that some people are born into a stable background with a roof over there head and plenty of food and relative comfort and just bad luck that other people will be born into war zones plagued by famine and misery?

I do, definitely. Many of us don't deserve what we have at all. It has nothing to do with "karma" what someone is born into.

Pretty much. I haven't found those born to privilege neccessarily closer to perfection or ethically advanced. People born into desperate poverty don't seem immoral or deserving some black mark. I don't believe in the caste system.

Michael

nutrition - medicine - education, for the highest good.

Sign in to follow this