Sign in to follow this  
Owledge

Kunlun smiling details

I need to clarify some details that you might know from your own experience, because they aren't in the book and also seem to not be in the forum.

Because I don't feel bliss, yet, the smiling can't occur naturally, so I have to do it with intent. But when I do this, it makes letting go more difficult.

What is the essential part of smiling in order to open the crown? Can the necessary downward flow through the crown be sufficiently established by just an inner smile, that has no outward effect? Or are there some features in the facial tissue that activate something?

Edited by Hardyg

I need to clarify some details that you might know from your own experience, because they aren't in the book and also seem to not be in the forum.

Because I don't feel bliss, yet, the smiling can't occur naturally, so I have to do it with intent. But when I do this, it makes letting go more difficult.

What is the essential part of smiling in order to open the crown? Can the necessary downward flow through the crown be sufficiently established by just an inner smile, that has no outward effect? Or are there some features in the facial tissue that activate something?

facial tissue is loaded with receptors. which activate something. maybe inner smiles?

I've been doing Kunlun for quite a while. Still no bliss though, but I still see it as beneficial, burning off layers of mind and anxiety.

Why smile? To paraphrase Glenn Morris, 'Energy moves smoothest and best through a happy system'. The physical act of smiling tends to kick start the emotional smile, just like good posture can kick in full attention.

Michael

Guest winpro07

smiling and laughter are side-effects of two stages in the alchemy. Remembering one time that you really smiled and so the energy of smile that's inside the forehead and up. It's like a white light. Then energy of laughter can be felt in the same way and has a very specific point of origin. . .it's a short-cut. fake smiles do work too :):lol::mellow::D

very very subtle is key

Edited by winpro07

Hm, somehow when I smile externally only, it feels like a grimace and no internal smile ensues.

Chad, sorry, I don't really understand what you wrote. :unsure:

Edited by Hardyg

Guest winpro07

try to remember a very very happy moment and the smile that happened.

the center of that feeling in the forehead, just remember

it may not be smile that you want to come out. Sometimes we have pain to release as well accept whatever comes

there are only a few stages between no bliss and overwhelming bliss. Sometimes we get in our way by assuming what seems like should be happening..

Edited by winpro07

Hm, somehow when I smile externally only, it feels like a grimace and no internal smile ensues.

I know exactly what you mean, I think. Try doing the grimace, then letting the whole thing drop down. I find that loses the tension of it, while keeping the up-at-the-edges-ness, even if less pronounced.

Also tucking the chin in a bit makes it seem less forced for me (and actually helps more than smiling!)

All the best,

I

I've always felt this sort of thing, that the smile was forced and so counter-productive. Just never clicked with smiling as a 'practice'.

Can the necessary downward flow through the crown be sufficiently established by just an inner smile, that has no outward effect?
Yup. I find if I connect my head my heart and my lower belly and 'brighten' them a little on the inside, that does it for me. :D

At least personally, when I smile, I physically feel the fascia (and whatever else) pull the crown open. But I agree about not being tense or forcing anything.

..., but I am generally happy and if I do happen to feel a bit down I don’t really see the point of looking miserable as well.

Though you must feel a bit down under sometimes.

In Mantak Chia and Michael Winn's work the inner smile is very important. Its considered a foundational practice. Glenn Morris was influenced by Chia and he modified Chia's work and created a great practice known as the secret smile. He considered it a way to feel..damn I forget the Japanese word, something like Fully Human, relaxed, confident, humorous, loving and sexy.

I got Glenn Morris's book 'Pathnotes of a ..' about 15 years ago and I've practiced his inner smile off and on over the years. When I do it more I do feel more uplifted.

Taking the KAP1 class w/ Santiago helped re-energize the smile for me. In the third part where you smile and laugh, it helped me bring about a whole body laugh which is closer to the spirit of the practice.

Michael

The Inner Smile is great.

you can smile very subtly.

the physical smile has physical effects for me.

Learn the inner smile (there are free instructions somewhere on Chia's site). Try that before the K1 session.

:)

Sign in to follow this