Sign in to follow this  
TheWhiteRabbit

False Masters

This Post was talking about the questions regarding Mak Tin Si's Linage that was later removed due to flaming.

Mak Tin Si's altar has a Liu Ren plaque listing the spirits.

Liu Ren means that he learned from a sect that uses the liu ren spirits.

However he has added "dragon king" and the like.

Many questions were raised... ending up in a bunch of angry posts in response.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

Hey Rabbit,

While you mention kindness 3 times in your opening, I don't see much of it in the questions. Like an evil Jeopardy game show it seems like insults in question form.

Example:10. If you have been initiated into the mysteries, what is the Bodhisattva name of Yuan Tian Shang Ti? Do you have his seal in sanskrit? Which yaksha general is he? What is the Medicine Buddha Sutra called in Taoism? Do you know the name of the 28th constellation in Buddhism and the corresponding name in Taoism?

If you want conversation and to find out about him you might want to edit your questions down to the most important and maybe phrase them w/ less hostility. Truthfully, I have some problems w/ MTS too, but I also have respect him.

My two cents

Michael

I've been trying to stay out of the whole Mak Tin Si affair in general, so I can't be certain but... hasn't a letter like this been done before? Hasn't Mak Tin Si been called out several different times now, on threads just like this? ("Mak if you're a real taoist you'll answer X,Y, and Z questions")

So, if those threads have been done to a satisfying conclusion, shouldn't that say something? If they HAVEN'T been done to a satisfying conclusion... then shouldn't that ALSO say something?

:unsure: Okay, I'm leaving now... :unsure:

Straight clear cut answers are the sign of someone very forthcomming and who has nothing to hide.

This is very true... and i totally got that that's what your looking for from your letter.

I've seen extremely good examples of this from Lin in his posts... which is very nice and heart warming also.

Even if he doesnt answer the questions, those who even consider him should be concerned with the answers to those questions.

Maybe, although the intention of lost of those questions and the way they are phrased are well... more seeming ill will... I personally don't like it its even puts me off... I'd prefer if you could try to attempt to get the same or similar questions worded in maybe in a better light.

Edited by WhiteTiger

Deleting posts seems to be the new black these days :lol:

True. But then again, a lot of things have become the new black. This is really a second for me, especially seeing as I would only be bringing everybody down.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

Well because I posted on what Mal edited and added my observations but he edited out his post... I will do the same in respect for him.

Edited by WhiteTiger

Deleting posts seems to be the new black these days :lol:

So on the topic of deleting posts....

I understand why people do it.... but I really don't think it's necessary! I mean we all understand that tempers get heated, and we all understand that most people don't mean a lot of the things that are said. And on top of that, most people apologize later on, so we already know you feel bad.

I remember when I was first learning about Kunlun and going through all the threads, I'd always run into tons of posts that were like "..." or ":)" and I was like, "what did that person say?????????" Sometimes I'd find it quoted later on, sometimes not. On more recent ones, I'd see a good post with some good info in it. Later I'd come back to re-read the info, and it'd be deleted. Raaaaaaawwwwwwrrrrrrr.

I don't take part in a lot of conversations, but I do like to read and hear what other people have to say. I'm not one of the people that hold people to their words indefinitely. But it's awkward to hear only one side of so many conversations :(

True. But then again, a lot of things have become the new black. This is really a second for me, especially seeing as I would only be bringing everybody down.
Actually, I thought they were interesting questions, purely from an academic POV...

All info is good info to me. I'm just an info junky, tho. :lol:

Edited by vortex

Sign in to follow this