I'm watching the last episode of BSG via SurftheChannel right now. Wow, just wow. The whole series has been ... well, "good" hardly describes it :lol: , but this finale: I'm pausing it every couple of scenes to go do something else and absorb. Every scene is that good.

I'm watching the last episode of BSG via SurftheChannel right now. Wow, just wow. The whole series has been ... well, "good" hardly describes it :lol: , but this finale: I'm pausing it every couple of scenes to go do something else and absorb. Every scene is that good.

I love BSG!

I watched the first season and couldn't stand it any longer. It was like I was starving for at least a tiny bit of solving of unanswered mysteries, and at the end of the season, nothing clear.

And the whole thing is way to psycho for me ... and for using the name of the old series. I don't like it when old, revered names are re-used for making big bucks, especially when the result is totally different from the original. And the choice of the characters (same old names with totally different, 'trendy' persons), somehow didn't work for me at all. And to be nitpicking, the nervous-camera-zoom-effect was invented by the makers of Firefly, and in BSG they had no clue about how to use it artistically.

But I'm especially censorious about these things; I also find lens-flares stupid, because they suggest that there is a camera man who's part of the story. Or those disc-shaped pressure waves from explosions: They were a huge trend for quite some time and everybody just had to use them. Stupid.

A much better replacement for "BS Galactica" would be Babylon 5 in my opinion. And Firefly is totally awesome and should be especially appealing to Taoists.

Edited by Hardyg

My favorite show ever.

I mean it's not even close that's how much I liked the new BSG.

I haven't watched the finale yet so no spoilers!!

Please try to explain what it is that makes it that good.

EDIT: Just noticed on IMDB that they seem to have re-done the thing because older reviews are low and newer ones are higher, but still many very negative ones, that sound like the older reviews. And the IMDB rating is 9.1 ... How did that happen? What's up with that show?! :mellow::blink::huh:

Edited by Hardyg

BSG is so depressing... but goddamitt, Ive NEVER been so happy for being depressed! Its THAT good!

Well,... I couldn't say never: Deadwood.

Ive never heard about Deadwood. Is it something that makes you happy to be depressed?

Deadwood was good. Crappy ending though. Like they just had to wrap up the series and end it. Al Sweringen(sp?) was such a great character.

Cool to see that actor in that new show Kings that just started. He's such a character that guy.

a clip from HBO's Deadwood.

4KsU89R1A8M

"Them people worship a fat man seated on his ass." :lol:

Deadwood was good. Crappy ending though. Like they just had to wrap up the series and end it. Al Sweringen(sp?) was such a great character.

Cool to see that actor in that new show Kings that just started. He's such a character that guy.

Did you guys see Farscape many years ago? The ending of that show almost gave me a heartattack. But then the hard-core fans collected money for many years so the producers could finish it properly.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Edited by sheng zhen

Fracking motherfracking frack! I gotta take a break and absorb the scenes here... Please dont tell me this is the last BSG I am watching!!!

frack, I think Im gona cry...

Edited by sheng zhen

Firefly the comic and Serenity are awesome.

A comic? Wow!

The series is still mandatory, though. ;) It's available on DVD, and I've seen all the extras, which are worth it, too. :)

And your forum name and the captain's nickname are the same! How cool is that!!! B)

Mal, let's stop this Galactica-BS tragedy and capture the thread for Firefly! YAAARRRRR! :lol:

Edited by Hardyg

"Two By Two, Hands of Blue" :lol:

The comic explains why the blue handed pair passed on the mission of capturing River to the Operative. It's definitely worth tracking down. I've got the box set and the 2 disk movie. Excellent stuff Firefly rules!

I WISH I was as cool as Mal

Intimidation-firefly-543784_500_400.jpg

Then I would have an awesome love interest

114017__firefly_l.jpg

(In fairness D is as hot as Inara, although she is much more like Zoe..... Actually Fred from Angel or (Illyria ! ) is a closer match ;))

A quick comment off-topic... ( :P )

I've watched the last episode now. Oh my god! Now I remember another thing about BSG that drove me crazy! Tell me, was the camera man jerking off all the time?

The show really must be a low budget production, because they couldn't afford a tripod!

Storywise it looks pretty complex and very interesting, but worth to be spread over four seasons of shaky camera? I don't think I could stand it.

If I could just download the plot to my brain and go through it in a millisecond, that would be convenient. :rolleyes:

If I could just download the plot to my brain and go through it in a millisecond, that would be convenient. :rolleyes:

haha, yea, but then that would also be a little boring. It is the exitement, the waiting, and the impatience between the episodes, that makes the magic. It sucks, but its worth it :D