pullybone

Bill Bodri's Stages Course

Brian,

With all due respect, have you ever stopped to realize that perhaps there's a reason why Bodri said 'not now'?

Bill is a guy who is obviously not doing this for the money, so there must be another reason he is holding back the teachings. While I do not purport to know what it is, I can appreciate that there may be more to the situation than one might initially realize.

And if we actually read Bill's work, and put it into practice (otherwise what's the point), then we know that we should respect the wishes of a Teacher, meditate, and generate merit.

As we learn in 'Measuring Meditation', once a student has completed the first two of the first four stages of the Mahayana path (Stage of Wisdom and Merit Accumulation, Stage of Advanced Preparatory Practices), and is moving into the third stage (Stage of Seeing the Tao), only then can he be truly initiated.

(Perhaps the 'Stages' course is about more than the PDF's.)

-ES

Hi ES,

... People do what they're going to do. I'm sure everyone has reasons for what they do. My reason is approximately 500 to 1300 additional pages beyond what's contained in Measuring Meditation; a book which seems to contain or cover essentially the same content. Personally, I don't want 'the course'; at least not right now. I want to read it (and not put it into practice, at this point in time) because I find it interesting.

PB

Personally, I don't want 'the course'; at least not right now. I want to read it (and not put it into practice, at this point in time) because I find it interesting.

PB

Hi PB -

By now, maybe you have already read the stages course material, maybe not. While there are quite a few books on your list that I would like to read, the stages course is not just about the readings. That's why it is a course. I think Bill would rather keep it as more of a transmission. And above all, I believe that he wants us to practice and incorporate these lessons. There are lots of interesting things out there. But actually working on ourselves and starting practice is what he wants to help us achieve.

Neil

Edited by neilvg