Sign in to follow this  
LoneHaven

Hello and thanks

Hello all! I have been reading here for a few days and love all the information and experience here. I am new to Taosim, though have had it in the back of my head for some years.

Many paths seem to exist for those new to Taoism. For now I am going to start with reading 'The Tao of Meditation: Way to Enlightenment' by Jou Tsung Hwa and 'Scholar Warrior: An Introduction to the Tao in Everyday Life' by Ming-dao Deng (though I have recently discovered some misgivings about this author - I guess I can still learn from it). I am very excited about the first book as it seems to be a beginning, yet deep, introduction to meditation.

My time is limited due to poor past decision; thus a current stressful day-to-day life. I am hoping meditation will be my light at the end of this long tunnel as well as the start to a deep-inner awakening.

I don't just want to surface-learn about Taoism but I do have to start slowly for now. I probably will not contribute a lot for quite some time as I will not have much to offer - but I hope to in the future.

Question: Does Taosim involve the the will?

Thanks for the forum and the knowledge within and any future guidance.

-LoneHaven

Hello all! I have been reading here for a few days and love all the information and experience here. I am new to Taosim, though have had it in the back of my head for some years.

Many paths seem to exist for those new to Taoism. For now I am going to start with reading 'The Tao of Meditation: Way to Enlightenment' by Jou Tsung Hwa and 'Scholar Warrior: An Introduction to the Tao in Everyday Life' by Ming-dao Deng (though I have recently discovered some misgivings about this author - I guess I can still learn from it). I am very excited about the first book as it seems to be a beginning, yet deep, introduction to meditation.

My time is limited due to poor past decision; thus a current stressful day-to-day life. I am hoping meditation will be my light at the end of this long tunnel as well as the start to a deep-inner awakening.

I don't just want to surface-learn about Taoism but I do have to start slowly for now. I probably will not contribute a lot for quite some time as I will not have much to offer - but I hope to in the future.

Question: Does Taosim involve the the will?

Thanks for the forum and the knowledge within and any future guidance.

-LoneHaven

hello LoneHaven - welcome.

like your question - what's your take on 'the will'?

hello LoneHaven - welcome.

like your question - what's your take on 'the will'?

It was just a question I had. I Had a mid-state mind experience that mentioned the will a couple years back and it is always in the back of my head. Did some resarch in esoterics and the like; and since I believe all is connected (always have) I can see that the will can be a force. It just popped in my head when I was joining this site and was wondering if the will relates to Taosim. I got my books in the mail and will start reading during spare time and hope to start practicing soon.

Sign in to follow this