Sign in to follow this  
The Genuine Article

Confucianism

i like what okakura kakuzo (a japanese guy) said in his book of tea. he basically said to have a complete [or at least better] understanding of either confucianism or daoism one should have at least some understanding of the other

my personal thoughts are that while some of the things confucius did or tried to do were good things, i dont really agree with all the emphasis on propriety and filial piety

Confucianism does develop into a school of qigong which emphasizes polishing qi ( in fact , concept of qi appears in Mentze's works )among people , not by escaping away from the crowd , paying attention to dantian and living on high mountains .

As the Buddhist way , although never talking about dantian , can initiate qi ( whether Buddhists like the concept or not is another story ) from not attaching to anywhere and anything , the Confucian way teaches people to generate and polish qi in daily ethical behavior. It is after having experienced difficulties and sufferings in life and not succumbing to them , not changing our high morals that make our qi 's quality upgraded and expanded, not just paying attention to dantian ...In fact, people who think that dantian is the only place in which they can initiate and refine qi , such idea definitely is a superficial understanding of Tao. Just consider why saying Tao is everywhere...

Edited by exorcist_1699

Sign in to follow this