DanC

Help with my daily practices

I have been studying the practices outlined in Michael Frosts book "Choosing Life, Guidlines to avaioding extinction" and have come to a road block as to what I should do. I have been doing the six healing sounds for a while now and I am looking at doing the Orbit instead, at the moment I do Sounds in the evening and the meditation for the lower triangle in the morning with a bit of massage. I really want to keep my routine simple, so is it a good idea to do the orbit without doing the healing sounds inconjuntion. The only reason I ask is Winn once wrote that if you dont do the sounds your 5 shen spirits will sabbotage the orbit meditation.

Im not really into all of the Shen spirit theory that Winn goes into, I do these Taoist practices for the mind/body benefits as well as spirtual growth.

any opinions..

Daniel

I have been studying the practices outlined in Michael Frosts book "Choosing Life, Guidlines to avaioding extinction" and have come to a road block as to what I should do. I have been doing the six healing sounds for a while now and I am looking at doing the Orbit instead, at the moment I do Sounds in the evening and the meditation for the lower triangle in the morning with a bit of massage.  I really want to keep my routine simple, so is it a good idea to do the orbit without doing the healing sounds inconjuntion. The only reason I ask is Winn once wrote that if you dont do the sounds your 5 shen spirits will sabbotage the orbit meditation.

Im not really into all of the Shen spirit theory that Winn goes into, I do these Taoist practices for the mind/body benefits as well as spirtual growth.

any opinions..

Daniel

7647[/snapback]

I can only speak of my own experience. I have been doing only the Inner Smile and the Orbit for some years regularly without any other practices. I have changed that routine only recently.

This set of practices was at least enough to open the orbit, so that I can feel the chi in the orbit (but the Inner Smile takes care of the Shensters and my focus was first on the Inner Smile and then on the Orbit), but it really took a lot of time.

Comparing this routine with my new routine (doing all the basic stuff plus some advanced stuff), I would say that doing the Inner Smile, the Orbit, the Healing Sounds and some Taoist Self-Massage Rejuvenation is the much more balanced and successful choice. The practices seem to benefit from each other. It's a basic package that fits very good together.

So, I start doing some breathing and the Inner Smile when I wake up and go over to the Orbit and finish with a massage. The breathing takes care of the first treasure (Chi), the Inner Smile and Orbit are both Shen practices and the massage takes care of the body or Jing. If you massage also the fingers, you're doing the Six Healing Sounds indirectly (whether usual order or Creative Cycle). This doesn't take more than 30-40 minutes. It can even be done in a much shorter time (around 20-25 minutes). With some practice you become really fast with the Inner Smile, if you like. If you tend to fall asleep when lying in bed, use a tape/mp3 to guide you (helps to keep your focus/concentration at the beginning; isn't a problem anymore with some practice) or just get up after a short smiling and breathing practice (just to say hello to your organs - if you don't like the idea of the Shensters) and sit down on a chair or go into a standing position (really good to wake up).

So, doing the orbit in the morning costs you only around 30 (or less) minutes - plus the eleven minutes for the Lower Triangle Meditation.

Doing the Healing Sounds before going to bed takes again not more than 15-20 minutes - and they are really good to get rid of stress, toxins, heat, bad emotions ...

I would recommend to do both practices and not substitute one with another - even though you don't have to do it at the same time (at least in my opinion; the Inner Smile is a good kick starter :blink:)!

Are 45-50 minutes a day to much time for a daily routine? I don't think so. I think it's really worth it! :)

Its not really a time thing, I just want to keep my routine really simple, one standing practice and one seated practice. Im also doing the deer exercise whilst Im in bed in the evening, do you think I could do the sounds whilst laying in bed after I do the deer exercise.

How about this

AM

Meditation for the lower triangle

Massage, arms, legs, torso and head

PM

Inner Smile

Orbit

Deer Exercise

Six healing sounds or massage fingers in creation order.

Daniel

Its not really a time thing, I just want to keep my routine really simple, one standing practice and one seated practice. Im also doing the deer exercise whilst Im in bed in the evening, do you think I could do the sounds whilst laying in bed after I do the deer exercise.

How about this

AM

Meditation for the lower triangle

Massage, arms, legs, torso and head

PM

Inner Smile

Orbit

Deer Exercise

Six healing sounds or massage fingers in creation order.

Daniel

7653[/snapback]

Doing the Inner Smile, Orbit and Deer Exercise in one session is a really good idea, but be careful not to use perineum power too late?

You might have a problem to fall asleep afterwards - not if you're able to store the chi perfectly, especially in the kidneys (a trick for everyone with sleeping problems). But most people can't do that correctly!

The thing with the creation cycle is only a personal favorite of me. I also experiment with it when smiling into the eyes (the corners of the eyes, the eyelids, the white of the eyes, the pupils and the irises; just an idea I got when doing Yudelove's stuff). I'm interested in any experience with it! :huh:

I have been doing the six healing sounds for a while now ..., so is it a good idea to do the orbit without doing the healing sounds inconjuntion. The only reason I ask is Winn once wrote that if you dont do the sounds your 5 shen spirits will sabbotage the orbit meditation.

The main effect of the 6HS's are to allow the organs to blow off extra heat and stress by vibrating (sound) & breathing. So, if you tend towards some stress and heat then dropping the sounds is a problem. But if you're chilled anyway, no problem. :) Or, you can add them occasionally as you feel is appropriate.

I'd say, do any practice routine you want, just conclude it in the still center.

I like doing the sounds with the movements, one thing I dont really like doing when doing the sounds is the picture this, feel this. I just like to do the sound with the posture, I feel all the other visualizations distract me from the sounds. I guess Im not a very visual person, Im more into the movement, postures and breathing practices. In regards too the Deer exercise the benefits have been pretty amazing, I get a really good buzz after doing it and Ive noticed my sexual energy and performance has gotten much better. anyone else do the deer with good results?