froggie

Yes and no replies without any further explanations

'Yes' and 'No' replies without any form of explanation  

3 members have voted

1. 1. I see that a lot. ...A lot of 'cha cha' and 'bla bla', but without any reasons why added to it. I mean, how good can that be, in the end? MAYBE... it should become mandatory, or -at least- common courtesy, to (at least try to) explain -why- a yes or a no or something when replying to something? :)

• Aye, skipper. [i agree with that. comments optional below. ;)]
    • Nay, 'n' bah, melikes to talk ah-doodoo. [i don't agree with that. comments optional below, you bastard. ;)]

People who answer just "yes" or "no", are of the following types:

1. They don't want a discussion.

2. They don't know shit, but they do have a preference and would like to vote on a topic instead of discussing the topic.

3. There is no third.

instant poll ;)

So wait, what's YOUR preference? And why???

It'd be nice if people explained why, just to get some context. Maybe it would encourage someone else to do some more research into some other topic to understand that person's point of view a little bit better.

But it's not like it should be enforced, people can type what they want.... or, for that matter, what they don't want.

So wait, what's YOUR preference? And why???

(1.) It'd be nice if people explained why, just to get some context. Maybe it would encourage someone else to do some more research into some other topic to understand that person's point of view a little bit better.

(2.) But it's not like it should be enforced, people can type what they want.... or, for that matter, what they don't want.

1. it depends yes.

2. ofcourse

my opinion: i would prefer to give detailed answers and receive detailed answers also. there is always room for your own research, no matter.

when lack of time or something else, i'd add small note instead of simply yes/no

p.s. mandatory, if i am correct, doesn't even mean enforced, (it means something along the lines of 'guideline'. http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/mandatory/) but that being said, i didn't mean it in the way that you have to or else you can't 'join', but more like a guideline to avoid some thing which may be unpleasent in nature. i did mean it more like a courtesy.

Edited by froggie

when lack of time or something else, i'd add small note instead of simply yes/no

p.s. mandatory, if i am correct, doesn't even mean enforced, (it means something along the lines of 'guideline'. http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/mandatory/) but that being said, i didn't mean it in the way that you have to or else you can't 'join', but more like a guideline to avoid some thing which may be unpleasent in nature. i did mean it more like a courtesy.

Oh, sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean like "enforce" as in, "you can't join the forums" I mean "enforce" as in, "you didn't explain why so we as a forum will disregard your posts and shun you from society!!!!!!!!" :P

the why: it just seems nicer (i could be wrong) :)

hey, are you trying to put me in a catch22 situation? :P

is it working??? ;)

ok great. =)

sure, politeness doesn't have a place where it doesn't have a place.

let it be in the eye of the observer. ;)

my guess is that it's a little bit different in virtuality.

but anyway...

;)