Sign in to follow this  
Easynow

Hello.. in dire need of help, taobums!

Hi,

I'd like to make a friendly casual hello, but my reason for joining this forum is actually in seeking assistance with some serious energy burnouts.

I essentially feel disconnected from myself. I feel anxious, stressed, depressed, vulnerable, insecure. Mentally I am obsessive, self-analytical, self-critical. Physically I am getting back pain, leg pain, erection difficulties.

Now.. I'm seeking professional help; getting blood tests, getting physical ailments checked out, seeking therapy, etc.,

But if I could explain a little background, perhaps some of the people here may have some suggestions of practices that might help me to recover from all I've done to myself.

I am seeking practices to ground, to release the unconscious material I've bought up through abusing practices and substances, to BALANCE, to actually feel a degree of peace in my life.

I'll go to someone trained for therapy, but suggestions of useful practices to help fix the energy body would be appreciated - at the moment it is borderline psychotic.

Is this a 'safe place'?

Thanks,

Jack

Namaste Jack....

Nice to see you here. I'm sure you will find lots of help here. Perhaps making a thread describing your current practices and your ailments is a good idea. Best of luck my Friend.

Love,

Carson:D

Hi Carson,

You know me already from the AYP forums - my handle there is Jack - who would have thunk it?

OK, I will make a thread.. will post the link here when done.

Jack

Namaste Jack....

Nice to see you here. I'm sure you will find lots of help here. Perhaps making a thread describing your current practices and your ailments is a good idea. Best of luck my Friend.

Love,

Carson:D

EasyNow,

Welcome to taobums!!

We are blessed to have a healing circle and some great healers on the forum!!

My wife's chronic health issues have been cleared up literally overnight by Mak Tin Si on the forum, so miracles are at least possible!!

Your pal,

Yoda

Hi Jack,

This place is safe enough and a good resource for learning about different practices and therapies and so on. But you need to make your mind up about what people say and what you are told because opinions differ and there is little/no moderation (thankfully) so everyone is free to express (and argue if they choose to).

For what its worth - and its almost impossible to give proper advice because I don't know you or your circumstances - but I would suggest three things:

1) Try to regularize your outer life by having routines about sleeping and eating. Eat balanced meals at regular intervals, try to go to bed earlier and get up earlier and don't seek out overly stimulating situations. Become a little boring in other words. :) Cut out or reduce stimulants like tobacco, alcohol, drugs and coffee - don't give up at first just reduce as much as tolerable.

2) If you don't already practice - learn a simple settling meditation technique such as following the breath or just sitting formlessly - so you can learn to let your mind settle. Our minds get caught up and exhausted by the world and loose connection with our underlying nature (which is a source of renewal). Need to let thoughts, feelings and so on come and go to practice returning to base (so to speak).

3) Find something creative that you like doing and do it a bit more. Could be anything - like painting and playing music or just going for a walk in the country.

I would suspect (although I don't know obviously) that your problems are not as difficult as you think and that with time you can gradually ease them. There's lots of people on here who are healers - try the Healing Circle or post specific questions on the discussion forum and you will find some well meaning and helpful replies.

Best wishes.

A.

Hi,

I'd like to make a friendly casual hello, but my reason for joining this forum is actually in seeking assistance with some serious energy burnouts.

I essentially feel disconnected from myself. I feel anxious, stressed, depressed, vulnerable, insecure. Mentally I am obsessive, self-analytical, self-critical. Physically I am getting back pain, leg pain, erection difficulties.

Now.. I'm seeking professional help; getting blood tests, getting physical ailments checked out, seeking therapy, etc.,

But if I could explain a little background, perhaps some of the people here may have some suggestions of practices that might help me to recover from all I've done to myself.

I am seeking practices to ground, to release the unconscious material I've bought up through abusing practices and substances, to BALANCE, to actually feel a degree of peace in my life.

I'll go to someone trained for therapy, but suggestions of useful practices to help fix the energy body would be appreciated - at the moment it is borderline psychotic.

Is this a 'safe place'?

Thanks,

Jack

hello jack - am sure you will find this a safe place. quite a remarkable 'sanctuary', in fact.

there are many here much more advanced in formal study than i, and responding to questions/problems

with taoist wisdom very much the order of the day. plenty of humor, too.

seems like the thing to do, as carsonzi suggested, is to make familiar, more specifically, your taoist

background/practices/methods for coping that forwhatever reasons aren't working now. once found,

solutions are amazingly simple. everyone needs help finding them sometimes. not easy to tough it out

alone. welcome.

Sign in to follow this