sean

What are you watching?

I just can't stop starting these threads ... :D

Just watched Maria Full of Grace which was a bit disturbing, fairly realistic (I guess) portrayal of a young girl who gets caught up in smuggling drugs into America via swallowed pellets that can burst in your stomach and kill you.

The last film I really really enjoyed though was Me and You and Everyone We Know which might even still be in the theater. Really clever art film.

Sean.

Rome on HBO. Best TV show ever IMO.

7648[/snapback]

Haven't caught that yet. Is it on DVD? I don't watch TV but I'll rent/buy DVD's of good shows. Especially HBO stuff. Did you check out Carnivale?

No, it's brand new this season. I couldn't get into carnival but loved Deadwood. Pretty violent though.

Rome is the best evah...probably not out on DVD until next year though.

Carnivale was some CRAZINESS. I started watching it, but it was kinda hard to follow...after I missed some I just gave up. Plus, I really dislike that young blonde female actress with the big chin. (can't recall the name...)

People at work keep telling me that LOST is so great! You have to get it, it's so cheap! And I haven't really had much interest in it, to be honest...for some reason it just doesn't resonate in me, I don't really dig 'drama' in the modernized way. There has to be something within it that connects me with certain interests, and believe me, of the kind that are hard to find.

I've watched RESCUE ME religiously. It's one of those 'love it or hate it' type of shows...but I kept on it because of the driving charity behind it- for Leary's sudden love of firefighters and the great american hero way, he's built a foundation to give firefighters worldwide better tools, machinery, and technologies to keep the fight for people who make a difference a bit easier and safer to manage...there's a whole comments section on the season 1 DVD set, or something...it came with a booklet for information too...I thought that was waaaaaaay cool.

I really dig the only heroes we have left in our humanly existence. They've become more elusive, as of late...

yeah, the drama entertains, but its LOADED with things that keep you working on your own morale and outlook, and the way you just deal with life as it comes, I like it because it mirrors alot of behaviours we have going on in today's world, and shows us faces of both uglyness and beauty...

just an opinion on the only thing I've really watched...

plus if you haven't seen FIREFLY series it's best to get it!!! That stuff is awesome!!!

SERENITY the movie is the conclusion...of course, you can watch it and get the movie but to understand the fantastic characters within the movie, nothing can do the job like the series.

-Michelle

I have Kung Fu Hustle myself.

Isn't that some entertaining stuff???

It is exactly what Kung Pow: enter the fist tried to accomplish, but failed miserably.

season six of south park, josie and the pussycats, and charlie and the chocolate factory.

i also like to chillout with the discovery channel or national geographic, but they're not as good in asia as in america. tonight i wantedto watch a special aobut the super volcano under yellowstone park that could undo the world as we know it, but i have to forego the pleasure as canadian thanksgiving is today and a friend invited me for dinner.

also, there's baseball. looks liket he cards and the chisox for the series.

one more recommendation: team america: world police. it's a marionette movie by the creators of south park and one of the funniest fuckin movies you'll ever see.

The Story of the Weeping Camel. I can't believe this was a documentary. I don't want to ruin this movie for anyone, or overhype it, but I really think everyone here should check this film out.

The Tibetan Book of the Dead was a nice film detailing the rituals surrounding physical death in the Tibetan culture. Really made me realize how much we, in America, try to hide and repress the reality of death.

Broken Flowers. Another good one by Jarmusch. Refreshingly unprocessed cinematography. Just the right amount of quirky without being over the top. Sidesteps Hollywood cliches to deliver something unique.

Sean.

Finally got a copy of What the Bleep? but not found time to watch it yet, but it is next on my list.