Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Winn or Eric kidney sound?

What's the official TTB's favorite version of the kidney sound?

Winn's version:" chooooooooo"

Eric's version: " chuwaaaaaaay"

Also Winn combines it with the sweet ass Bear movement for added benefit. But I kind of like Eric's too.

Let the battle of kidney sounds begin.

to fully open this can of worms, here's Ken Cohen's sounds

lungs see-aaahhh

kidneys chrroooeeee

Liver shuuuuu

heart ho

spleen hooooo

triple seeeee

Perhaps it's more the intent plus the act of inner vocalization sets up a vibe plus the posture all working together, but the specific sound vibration isn't as important. Like with sexual energy, the sliding keysound haaaaaAAAAAhhh sound moves the vibration up, but so do other sounds esp sliding sounds. Maybe the sliding sounds are better? Chuuuuwaaaay better than Chuuuu for instance.

Eric is the only Healing Tao guy I know that uses cheeewwwaaaay. Michael and all the rest use choooo. On the other hand, Eric is pretty tight to chia (and follows his methods pretty closely), so it's hard for me to imagine he'd do something contradictory without even mentioning it.

Personally I like Eric's version.

Didn't know the ken cohen version. It goes to show that NO ONE knows what these things are supposed to sound like. And since their "subvocal" anyway, it's more about training your body to respond to whatever it is you're putting out rather than some sort of automatic relfex to a sound.

I don't like michael's bear any more than I like the sitting kidney posture. It is my least favorite move of all the sounds. Indeed, I keep trying to invent a move that will work better for me. One chi kung book I have stimulates the kidneys by standing with your hands on your kidneys and twisting your upper body right and left, but it gets a bit difficult with sounds.

I've tried standing and leaning back with the back of my hands on my kidneys while making the sound (kind of squeezing the kidney's the opposite way from Chia's seated version). That kind of has a nice effect but I can't get over the vision of all that bad chi coming out of my mouth and sinking back down on top of me.

Thoughts are welcome

When I learned the Bear years ago he taught to imagine a flowing river flowing down at your feet and you connect to the water element, do the sound and sweep any negative qi/heat whatever down the river.

I liked this idea alot. The other sounds/movements didn't have as much concrete connection with the sound/movement/element. They are just moves linked to an animal.

Spyrelx,

Isn't the bad chi hot? I figure it should rise.

It'd be a kick to do the healing sounds while you are blowing up balloons for a birthday party for someone you don't like. Or upwind of an enemy.

Just a thought.

-Yoda

No such thing as bad chi, remember, chi doesn't hurt people, people hurt themselves :lol:

Nice site on Seans post.

Going to give some blood at Life Source.

Peas

Michael

This is what happens for me:

shhhhhh

chueeeeee

sssssssssssssss

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

whoooooooooooooooooooo

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee->

Sign in to follow this