Sign in to follow this  
Mak_Tin_Si

Worsshipping the ancestors

I'm all for it. Not necessarily worship, but definitely an offering of respect and reverence. I think in the west, or at least in pagan Norse traditions, that ancestor worship was typically done around the winter solstice. Already did mine this year :D

I'm interested in learning more about ancetester homage.

I've been reading an introduction book about daosim and it says that in the east people make special prayers for there 'dead' ancesters as it's believed mistakes your anceters made can come back to haunt you. The book states that more attention is paid to what your ancesters did than yourself in previous lives as in daoism doesn't explicitly incorporate reincarnation. I found this strnage as I thought the foundation of all eastern beliefs and outlooks was reincarnation.

The Ching Ming Festival is on APR 4th this year.

During the day we are going to do a "Jade Ceremony" which is a huge ceremony that last one day long with 3 sessions. This ceremony is to help the ancestors who registered to move on to the next life or get healed by the taoism energy in the other dimension they are living in. Which also give them a chance to be blessed by the 36000 deities in Taoism. How nice, how good, how happy.

Does your sect practice establishing home altars and offering food to your ancestors on a regular basis?

I think I can say ALL taoism sect do have the methods of establishing home altars with the ancestors plates to worship and offer incense and food.

In Chi in Nature's lineage, it is not a must to setup any altars at home for the practitioners, but of coures you can always request this to be done for you anytime if you want too. There are some different ways to setup the ancestors altar too - with different effect and usage.

Mak Tin Si

Not really. There are TONs of stuff in the whole ceremony, so hard teo tell in a short paragraphs. It is a huge amount of things in there, but mainly is channeling the energy from the 3 highest source of energy in Taoism and request the deities to help and bless the ancestors so that they can be free from the yin-dimension and recarnate or even give them a chance to "get obtained into taoism if they want", if they do, they can also be trianing under the deities and get a new life too! It's a great thing to do for them and also it will in return give the family members of the ancestors who are still alive the good luck, blessings and fortunes..!

Sign in to follow this