Sign in to follow this  
TheWhiteRabbit

Apology

I wanted to apologize to my friends for getting so angry.

I am a nice guy, but Mak kept antagonizing me with his... replies.

The Rebuttal

I had tried to be civil in the past regarding the matter but I blew up, and that is what happens when I get angry.

I hope I am not thought less of for doing so.

I knew I shouldnt have posted heavy metal in your practices section, it contaminated you :lol: hahahaaa

I wanted to apologize to my friends for getting so angry.

I am a nice guy, but Mak kept antagonizing me with his... replies.

The Rebuttal

I had tried to be civil in the past regarding the matter but I blew up, and that is what happens when I get angry.

I hope I am not thought less of for doing so.

Thank you, White Rabbit, Thank you!

I missed the whole the whole fray to which you are referring, but I thank you for being 'manly' enough to do this and set a golden example for all of us to follow. Far from falling, you have risen considerably in my own estimate, not only for your forbearance in any discussion with Mak Tin Si, but also for this apology.

This old junzi bows to your humanity (Jen), and thanks you again!

During a recent and apparently continuing exchange on this site, which I can only compare to a bunch of primates throwing their own excrement at each other, I actually wrote and thought of posting something which I called 'Apologetics:the Manly art of Self-Defense', but in the spirit of forbearance I decided not to. Maybe I should have posted it, because this mess continues, to the mutual disgrace of both parties, though I wrote the post with only one of them in mind.

Once again, Thank you!

I missed the whole the whole fray to which you are referring, but I thank you for being 'manly' enough to do this and set a golden example for all of us to follow. Far from falling, you have risen considerably in my own estimate, not only for your forbearance in any discussion with Mak Tin Si, but also for this apology.

During a recent and apparently continuing exchange on this site, which I can only compare to a bunch of primates throwing their own excrement at each other, I actually wrote and thought of posting something which I called 'Apologetics:the Manly art of Self-Defense', but in the spirit of forbearance I decided not to. Maybe I should have posted it, because this mess continues, to the mutual disgrace of both parties, though I wrote the post with only one of them in mind.

Once again, Thank you!

Create a new thread on your post my friend ... I am always interested to hear what you have to say :D

*Sloppy Zhang arrives yet again to a thread about a topic that he has no idea what's going on, hears an apology for a transgression that he didn't even know happened, and in fact has to work hard to find (not to mention read a lot to find out the back story). He appreciates the spirit of their actions, and commends them for it, but nevertheless asks himself why everyone feels the need to make a separate apology thread when they could have just apologized in the thread that it happened..... He then thinks, they don't have to delete their angry or frustrated posts, because what they said needed to be said to arrive where they are now.... but to create a whole new thread.......... so much confusion.....

And finally, figuring that it is none of his business, he leaves without saying a word....*

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I think I understand.

Hes asking you to post that thread

I called 'Apologetics:the Manly art of Self-Defense',

Thank you again guys, i appriciate it.

Everyone gets torqued off here. I almost quit once in a huff. Just remember to breathe in the good air and out the bad air...... :lol:

Heck, while we're at it; I apologize to Gold is Heavy. In an earlier post I called him a troll. That was wrong. At worst I should have said I found some of his actions trollish, but even thats not accurate. He never insulted me, my poor reaction was due to 1> a bias toward Santiago and 2>while I understand GIH's arguments, they came off as condescending (which I don't think he meant them to be).

I think part of the conflict he has w/ Santiago, is that Santi, being a teacher, has a responsibility beyond the average poster here. Whereas we can debate things somewhat carelessly (as in- try a little cyanide, it can't hurt), a teacher has a responsibility to speak up.

So when faced w/ GIH's philosophy of we are amnesic gods and the real work is to reclaim our godhood(I think thats behind his thinking). Whether you adhere to it or not it agrees w/ many aspects of Eastern philosophy and thats what we're here to discuss. But Santi, being a teacher sees the philosophy as dangerous, kinda like the tag on a super man outfit, 'Wearing costume will not allow flight'.

In expressing his view that its dangerous, they started off badly, and it got worse. Yet between insults you could see both people trying to apply the brakes to the argument.

My two cents

Michael

Everyone gets torqued off here. I almost quit once in a huff. Just remember to breathe in the good air and out the bad air...... :lol:

Agreed. When people arrive here, eventually they get really passionate about it. This place has a strong uprooting energy. Soon you forget your center, your roots, your ground and your feet.

And then we offend each other in the dialectic passion.

Some blushing often is the end result.

It is so common that is nearly an initiation. Somehow going through it makes a real Tao Bum.

Hmmm. What are we supposed to be: automatons?!

It's okay to get angry sometimes.

What isnt okay is sustained sabotage campaigns,sometimes seen here, which is an altogether different thang.

What you did, Rabbit, was respond authentically. This doesnt damage the board or your reputation.

Bitchy sniping and sneering mocking is what damages the board.

I think I understand.

Hes asking you to post that thread

Well WhiteRabbit, I see you are the fan of many of our Fury friends, a pun which I suppose is apropos as long as you have your 'temporary' Bryan Fury avatar. Which brings up an interesting point, in posting, like comedy timing is everything, so if you thought that my post was an oblique way of introducing my little writing on apology and then posting it, well, no, the timing was no longer right. What at the time when I wrote it, maybe two weeks or so before my post to you, might have seemed a witty and ironic parody, would now be worse than whipping a dead horse, it would be like whipping a dead horse whose corpse bloated with decay was ready to burst, a rather stupid thing to do. Rather, a big pit needs to be dug and a bulldozer hired and that dead horse needs to be buried and if not forgotten, then remembered for whatever good lessons can be learned from it.

No, my thanks to you was quite sincere and meant sincerely for the reasons I noted. For the junzi of any age sincerity is an important concept and one from which I would be hesitant to depart. It has deep personal meaning (by which I mean not just to me personally, but also to the notion of a person as a microcosm), but in Confucianism, also has deep cosmic significance. Let me instead take advantage of this opportunity to pimp my own site and say that I created a mandala called the Sincerity Mandala to represent aspects of this and wrote a commentary on it, oddly enough called the 'Sincerity Mandala and its Structure', which can be found at http://innersagetao.net/page14.html. This little essay needs some work, which is why I took it off the sites menus, though it is accessible from points in the site, and as for my site, well, it needs a lot of work which is why I usually don't mention it! It's a bit of embarrassment as it is, but I simply can't find the time to bring it up to snuff, so for now it stands as it stands.

In any case it explains why sincerity is important to junzis (how do you make something like that plural!?) of any age, and why my post, as it stands, was therefore sincere. Well, maybe a little overdone, but a little ritual politeness never hurt anyone.

Oh, one more thing, I liked your previous signature in which you corrected Billy Corgan's characterization of the world as a vampire, by comparing it to a video, though I like to think it's more like one of those, what do they call them, massive online multi-player role playing games (or something like that), that we have become just a little bit too involved in playing. It's something that we need to step out of from time to time and remember our real life. ;)

Well WhiteRabbit, I see you are the fan of many of our Fury friends, a pun which I suppose is apropos as long as you have your 'temporary' Bryan Fury avatar. Which brings up an interesting point, in posting, like comedy timing is everything, so if you thought that my post was an oblique way of introducing my little writing on apology and then posting it, well, no, the timing was no longer right. What at the time when I wrote it, maybe two weeks or so before my post to you, might have seemed a witty and ironic parody, would now be worse than whipping a dead horse, it would be like whipping a dead horse whose corpse bloated with decay was ready to burst, a rather stupid thing to do. Rather, a big pit needs to be dug and a bulldozer hired and that dead horse needs to be buried and if not forgotten, then remembered for whatever good lessons can be learned from it.

Ha ha ha :lol: Yeah Bryan Fury is from Tekken (series) of games. Years ago I used to play it alot with my brother, especially when I was a teenager. My first character I ever used and was extremely proficient at was heiachi.. Now im getting off track heh.

Sometimes, in fact many times as I have experienced there is not really a good time for something you want to accomplish. Or at least that has been my experience. If it is truely of value to everyone, I would recommend posting it. Its not like we really have a vendetta against certian people. I mean some are that way, but others, especially like me in this circumstance where i blew up, was dealing with an uninformed individual.

Its sometimes is a sad thing when sincerity is something lost for the most part from the world.

No, my thanks to you was quite sincere and meant sincerely for the reasons I noted. For the junzi of any age sincerity is an important concept and one from which I would be hesitant to depart. It has deep personal meaning (by which I mean not just to me personally, but also to the notion of a person as a microcosm), but in Confucianism, also has deep cosmic significance. Let me instead take advantage of this opportunity to pimp my own site and say that I created a mandala called the Sincerity Mandala to represent aspects of this and wrote a commentary on it, oddly enough called the 'Sincerity Mandala and its Structure', which can be found at http://innersagetao.net/page14.html. This little essay needs some work, which is why I took it off the sites menus, though it is accessible from points in the site, and as for my site, well, it needs a lot of work which is why I usually don't mention it! It's a bit of embarrassment as it is, but I simply can't find the time to bring it up to snuff, so for now it stands as it stands.

Coolness. Its the thought that counts :)

In any case it explains why sincerity is important to junzis (how do you make something like that plural!?) of any age, and why my post, as it stands, was therefore sincere. Well, maybe a little overdone, but a little ritual politeness never hurt anyone.

Oh, one more thing, I liked your previous signature in which you corrected Billy Corgan's characterization of the world as a vampire, by comparing it to a video, though I like to think it's more like one of those, what do they call them, massive online multi-player role playing games (or something like that), that we have become just a little bit too involved in playing. It's something that we need to step out of from time to time and remember our real life. ;)

Ah the "bullet with butterfly wings" song. The song was more or less truely a feeling I was getting at the time.

Yes MMORPGS or massivly multiplayer online role playing games can be like vampires sucking time away, and I agree with that also. In fact ive been on vacation on one of those games for a couple of weeks now.

Deep down I feel that the song more or less deals with the obstacles of living on the physical plane of existence.

Especially the pictures and symbolism in the video of viewing mankind as dirty, its general activity.

Then when some of the verses are sung aside from the chorus there are spiritual references, in video regarding the symbolism of using a hose(water) on mankind, also in reference to a person digging for something and finding a butterfly.

There are some verses to quote:

'Tell me im the only one, tell me theres no other one, jesus was an only son and tell me im the chosen one, jesus was an only son for you'

One could take what is said to be sacrilige to christianity, however, many of us do think of only ourselves, and faced with the concept we might be wrong or the same as lots of other people can become devestating sometimes to certain individuals or most of human kind. There is a lot to be drawn from those verses.

I surmise that This generally shows the greater unawareness of human kind to the occupational hazards and greater insensitivty to others of the same race, especially when it comes to politeness and making others totally incensed. When I say race I mean all of humankind.

Deep thoughts...

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

Whiterabbit,

Don't worry about it... Mak Tin Si is an intense guy and I think that pretty much everyone here has had some strong reactions to him. When that sort of thing happens, some bum seems to get nominated as the venter dude. :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

Well I can definately say im not angry now. It think its just some minor frustration that he should know certain things that he just doesnt. To me its sad.

Once again, Thank you!

no thank you sir thank you! you made me realize an earlier post of mine, A Note on Extraneous growths was in fact part of your graceful system of 'Apologetics:the Manly art of Self-Defense'. you sir, have the 29 marks of an outstanding sage. for the 29 marks of the outstanding sage see my guide "The Fine Art of Sarcastic Upheavla", book 4, chapter 65, page 693 verses 20-40 i will let everyone know when i have written it.

a big thanks to you sir!

chris

aka

contrivedname!

"There is this and then ther eis that"

Sign in to follow this