Sign in to follow this  
Edward M

Scott Sonnon's material, where does it fit in?

Hi everyone..

I've got some rmax material from years ago....like the warrior wellness, be-breathed and bodyflowas well as prime your bio-energy.

Where do you think this stuff fits in regarding spiritual development?

my main concern at present is the release of emotions,,, and how the heck to deal with them when they arise?? like anger..a big one for me! :)

this is my first post on this forum,, sorry if it has been done before!!

peace

Ed

For dealing with emotions, I recommend the books Focusing by Gene Gendlin or the Power of Focussing by Anne Weiser Cornell- a very profound process.

For dealing with anger and all sorts of emotions once they come up developing mindfulness as much as possible is the key. Let them play themselves out while remaining a non-attatched observer and they will spontainiously dissolve and tranfsorm once you are able to truly let them go. Then you heal in the best possible way. Doing six healing sounds is also great for cleansing and dealing with emotions. The liver sound deals with anger.

To actualy get emotions out the most important factor I would say is depth. The further down you go in meditation the more is released. Alignment of the body is also very helpfull because once the body is aligned it releases a lot of its holding patterns. Other than that all sorts of stuff work. Any qigong or yoga etc. I think Sonnons stuff is very good for this though. At least from what I hear about intu-Flow.

sorry forgot to ask this in the first post......do you think warrior wellness is viable as a wayto gently open the mc orbit? I know a bagua guy ive spoken to said it's much safer to open it through bagua practice thanforce it open with mc orbit meditation.

thanks

Ed

Markern, thanks buddy...........i have Cohen's qigong course which includes the six healing sounds, might have to give it a go.

when you saymidfullness throughout the day, are you referring to awareness of the breath thorughout the day?

cheers

Ed

Hi everyone..

I've got some rmax material from years ago....like the warrior wellness, be-breathed and bodyflowas well as prime your bio-energy.

Where do you think this stuff fits in regarding spiritual development?

Ed

IMHO a vital healthy body is important to spiritual growth

Sonnon's work is "sinew-changing for everyone". "Sinew" is the continuum of connective tissue: fascia ~ tendon ~ ligament ~ marrow. Runs through the whole body, in Chinese medicine some nourishment runs through the "sinew channels". In internal martial arts, it's what allows the whole body to move as one and is a big part of how heaven ~ man ~ earth integration. Hard to find a good internal martial arts instructor (and complicated). Sonnon provides accessable simple methods, by focusing on the joints: where the different layers of the connective tissue meet.

:D

p.s.

Some emotional material will come out (and hopefully sort out) as a result of this work, but don't expect it to be do everything vis-a-vis emotions.

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 1

Trunk, thanks that is an interesting way of seeing his work! :)

i agree about the internal martial art way being a very long process!

Cat, thanks for the heads up....glad you found success with the healing sounds,, will start that this evening!

wherabouts in london are you based? i'm west side B)

peace

Ed

Cat, sorry forgot to say where to get his stuff from.......type in scott sonnon into the uk bit of the google search, and it should come up with i think justmagnotherapy.com

peace

Ed

A friend sent me this, not a side we usually see of Scott Sonnon...

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 3

Sign in to follow this