Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

Qi Gong for the lungs & breathing???

This working during night really has its side effects... each time I do it my lung breathing gets more difficult & the lungs feel pressure & weak...

any specific Qi Gong for this besides the healing sound?

thankx

Harry

There is Bruce Kumar Frantzis`s Longevity Breathing. It teaches to breathe with your whole abdomnial cavity, the upper part of the lungs and from the back of the lungs.

You can find out more about Longevity breathing on Kumar`s website (energyarts.com).

There is Bruce Kumar Frantzis`s Longevity Breathing. It teaches to breathe with your whole abdomnial cavity, the upper part of the lungs and from the back of the lungs.

You can find out more about Longevity breathing on Kumar`s website (energyarts.com).

7599[/snapback]

thankx much

This working during night really has its side effects... each time I do it my lung breathing gets more difficult & the lungs feel pressure & weak...

You're probably working inside and have the usual work-stresses that create heat in the body. (Right?)

If so,

"The lungs like to be cool". The time when you get to rest, exercise, breathe, is all during the daytime. And during the cooler night you're at your job in stale air. Your lungs have no chance to "chill".

I suggest that you take at least a couple of breaks during your night job, and go outside: do some slow deep breathing and some stretching, maybe Yi Swallows Qi once or twice (its really good for clearing heat).

If its possible to do some aerobic exercise (jogging, swimming, biking) during your off time, that might help.

Master K,

thankx much for the reply. I don't think that with the work I am doing heat is developing in my lungs... it is more just weakening it continuously because I am not sleeping during the lung time it would usually regenerate. Unfortunately I am not allowed to go outside... but I will try the exercises you mentioned.

thankx again

Harry

You're probably working inside and have the usual work-stresses that create heat in the body.  (Right?)

If so,

"The lungs like to be cool".  The time when you get to rest, exercise, breathe, is all during the daytime.  And during the cooler night you're at your job in stale air.  Your lungs have no chance to "chill".

I suggest that you take at least a couple of breaks during your night job, and go outside: do some slow deep breathing and some stretching, maybe Yi Swallows Qi once or twice (its really good for clearing heat).

If its possible to do some aerobic exercise (jogging, swimming, biking) during your off time, that might help.

7637[/snapback]

Harry,

Don't worry about not "being able to sleep during lungtime". There are plenty of organtimes who don't ever get to hangout in sleepytime and they do just fine.

I'd focus on general tonic stuff like exercise, green tea, etc.

-Yoda

Harry,

Don't worry about not "being able to sleep during lungtime".  There are plenty of organtimes who don't ever get to hangout in sleepytime and they do just fine. 

I'd focus on general tonic stuff like exercise, green tea, etc.

-Yoda

7657[/snapback]

Nice that you try not to make me worry Yoda, but in case of the lung it really is important... not sleeping during lung time drains the lungs' energy big time... something not happening that severely with the other organs...

& thankx for the tips

Harry

Choosing Life by Michael frost has STELLAR lung-expansion qi gong. This is a great pre-orbit/meditation practice too, as it opens a lot of chi flow!

Choosing Life by Michael frost has  STELLAR lung-expansion qi gong. This is a great pre-orbit/meditation practice too, as it opens a lot of chi flow!

7674[/snapback]

Very cool. That book is on its way...

Harry

Thankx for the tip!!! As soon as my bank account gets a little refreshed I will get that stuff...

THANKX MUCH

off to Bristol

Harry

Sign in to follow this