Sign in to follow this  
Owledge

Reiki and self-treatment?

On the Wikipedia I read that Reiki practitioners can and should also treat themselves, but I heard from someone who does Reiki (more hobby-like, has a stressful workday) that this was not true, at least if you do no other practice besides Reiki.

What do you say?

Edited by Hardyg

that is not true the first thing you learn is for self healing its a great practice but it all depends on who gives you the attunement and how developed you are that will make a dif in how strong the flow of energy is but with serving others you flow of reiki will increase it is in giving that we receive :)

that is not true the first thing you learn is for self healing its a great practice but it all depends on who gives you the attunement and how developed you are that will make a dif in how strong the flow of energy is but with serving others you flow of reiki will increase it is in giving that we receive :)

Then he must really have had a bad teacher. He said he's got certificates of all levels - "master"? How can he then say it's not possible?! :huh: Somehow I feel sorry for him (provided he's sincere) because he says he can't practice Reiki a lot because his job stresses him out so much. That's when I told him to focus his Chi more on himself to build a more solid basis for his Reiki. And that was when he said it's not possible, only channeling through.

he's definitely got something wrong... self treatment is one of the central "inner work" practices of reiki. it is the only way of being healthy and wholesome enough yourself to be able to channel a considerable amount of energy. it's true that simply channeling onto someone/something else will already provide energy for the healer, but this is not enough (unless, I guess, you're treating people all the time).

in addition, genuine reiki will surely be taught with a bunch of traditional self-purification mantras, meditations, and an entire host of techniques to channel reiki unto yourself, your karma, YOUR development, and eventually, others.

you see, this is what makes me so sad about reiki. people become masters in a weekend course, you compress a dozen quickie techniques to use the energy, hand out the initiation and voila! reiki master. I mean, I agree that it can be done by anyone and improved by practice, but many times it just isn't taught for what it really is: the quintessential and primordial hands-on healing technique of the ancient knowledge of all civilizations. rediscovered and "put together" mostly by a japanese guru and his japanese disciples, and then mangled beyond recognition by the "new age" movement, yes, but if you can find the right school or teacher (always essential), a really timeless practice.

just tell him he can just put his hands on himself and channel it into himself, temples, heart, dantian... hopefully it'll rock his world.

cheers,

streetcat

On the Wikipedia I read that Reiki practitioners can and should also treat themselves, but I heard from someone who does Reiki (more hobby-like, has a stressful workday) that this was not true, at least if you do no other practice besides Reiki.

What do you say?

Your friend got it all wrong. Seriusly.

First of all, in Reiki there are no masters - The Reiki is the only Master.

Reiki is first of all a form of meditation, with in the buddhist tantra, and healing is an incredible sidekick among others, however it is not the original aime for Reiki.

Edited by Guest

Healing not the main purpose? That would explain why self-application is a basic aspect of it.

With "master" I meant the third degree.

I now got some more information from him, and even more will come later.

He said he talked with many other Reiki practitioners at a meeting here in Germany and alledgedly they were all saying that in praxis, the self-application didn't work for them - although it seems to have been taught to them.

I wonder whether there might be a huge 'community' of total Reiki-laymen who learned the technique but never managed to generate Chi and are now working with placebo effect and the body warmth of their hands.

What would be an easy, unproblematic and foolproof test for a Reiki practitioner's abilities? Should they for example be able to go with their hand over my arm and make the hairs move, or cause significant heat in an area without touching?

Healing not the main purpose? That would explain why self-application is a basic aspect of it.

With "master" I meant the third degree.

He said he talked with many other Reiki practitioners at a meeting here in Germany and alledgedly they were all saying that in praxis, the self-application didn't work for them - although it seems to have been taught to them.

I wonder whether there might be a huge 'community' of total Reiki-laymen who learned the technique but never managed to generate Chi and are now working with placebo effect and the body warmth of their hands.

What would be an easy, unproblematic and foolproof test for a Reiki practitioner's abilities? Should they for example be able to go with their hand over my arm and make the hairs move, or cause significant heat in an area without touching?

Unlike the lowest form of qi which is also the strongest form of qi-manifestation and as such it is a level of very little intelligens to it, Reiki however is the highest manifestation of qi, yet it is the weakest form of qi because it consist as a mix of every other "qi-levels" of manifestation in between (seven all together). As such it is considered intelligent.

Therefor Reiki gives access to the entire process of qi manifestation and even access to the creation of universe and that includes healing capability.

All that talk about Reiki Master, degrees, levels etc. has nothing to do with the original Reiki.

Some power-trippers along the line invented those ideas to gain power and money.

Many so called Reiki healers are nothing but that - power-trippers, making a living.

Of cause it is difficult to "heal one self" One "I", can never truly want to be free. You can claim it but only so few will actually be able to be so. Freedom is not an object of want. In fact it is a very scaring factor to people.

Please choose among Reiki dude's, who is not having those issues. To whom the "I" is one - and not separated!

Edited by Guest

Perhaps they really are exhausted, worn out, burnt out or what ever.

Why not try out some of the legal preparation thats used by body builders.

Why not try out some of the legal preparation thats used by body builders.

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

I ment that bodybuilders are eating a lot of suff (nutritional supplements) that help them to

train harder. If your friend dont have energi enough to treat him(?)self he could try out

some nutritional supplements.

Doping for a Reiki practitioner; That sounds so perverse. :rolleyes:

He could get used to it and drop Reiki altogether. :lol:

But of course one could counter by saying that sometimes you have to do one step backwards to be able to do two steps forward.

Edited by Hardyg

Sign in to follow this