sean

What are you listening to?

Anyone into dubstep? Was poppin'a few years bak inn da UK

At times brilliant, at times seemingly random.  Gotta love the Morissette soulful wail

I wondered how 'Thank you India', fit in with the other Thank you's, such as Thank You terrorists.  Here's the answer:

This Song is the result of Alanis trip to India (thank you India)... as she said it before she spent her life chasing people´s dreams and hopes for her and trying to meet their expectations. Things like you have so much talent you have to sing, you will be a great artist, etc. But when she achieved all that she still didn´t feel peace. India through meditation and silence (thank you silence) showed her the truths in life. This song talks about these illusions of modern life. Powerful Lyrics
Edited by thelerner

On 6/17/2020 at 6:52 AM, silent thunder said:

looped... all day long.

This is incredible. Thank you for sharing. Ever seen Samsara - the movie by Ron Fricke? Reminds me of the soundtracks and atmosphere in that movie. So beautiful. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, anshino23 said:

This is incredible. Thank you for sharing. Ever seen Samsara - the movie by Ron Fricke? Reminds me of the soundtracks and atmosphere in that movie. So beautiful. 

Glad to share the bliss mate.

Thanks for the reminder on Samsara, it's time I revisit that film.

• Like 1

Hope y'all don't mind something soul full...  For George and his family and friends.

Edited by Daniel

This is something I think y'all are going to Love.

It's the Wooten brothers.  Victor, some of you will remember as the bass player from the Flecktones.  The other brother, you may recognize is Roy Wilfred( reggie ), affectionately know as "Future Man".  Here, he is playing a standard guitar.  However, he also plays an instrument of his own design called a "Drumitar or Zendrum".

But this video is before all of that.  This is an example of the Wootens in their early years.  But regardless of what these folks do, no matter where they go, and no matter whether it is new or old... The whole trio is amaze-balls.

What makes this video special is that you get to see Victor battle Roy.  It's pre-Drumitar, so this is an old video in the grand scheme of their musical portfolio.  Like I said, these are the early years of their career.

Doesn't matter though.  What results is nothing short of magic.  :D

they are priceless

Edited by Daniel
... so many typos ... { forgive me }

How about a little SantaCruz Ska flavor?  

Edited by Daniel

On 3/13/2020 at 5:43 PM, Bindi said:

I once walked into a Scientology office when I was 17. I lasted 20 minutes 😁

That sounds about right

I don't agree with it being his best but, Some people today, think this is over the top. Imagine what it was like in 1968!

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

Always loved Dead Can Dance, from the first moment I heard them at a friend's place back in 1990.

This one saturates me in ancestral memories... chanting around the firepits on Solstice and Equinnox in the Clan Lands of the Great Northern Forests.

• Like 1