sean

What are you listening to?

maybe in another life...

if there is another time...

maybe in that time...

i could learn...

to love you.

Edited by silent thunder

Dead Can Dance were touring again this year after many years hiatus, I bought tickets to surprise my wife and son for her birthday.

Last time we saw them was 15 years ago, my wife pregnant with our son standing in front of me @ The Hollywood Bowl, me with my hands resting on her belly...  etheric, transportive, magickal.

Every time Lisa Gerrard sang, Connor would start gyrating in the womb.

and of course Ms Gerrard's tones are so perfectly matched in timbre by the resonant baritone of Brendan Perry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Music will save us all"

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 10:04 AM, silent thunder said:

Dead Can Dance were touring again this year after many years hiatus, I bought tickets to surprise my wife and son for her birthday.

Last time we saw them was 15 years ago, my wife pregnant with our son standing in front of me @ The Hollywood Bowl, me with my hands resting on her belly...  etheric, transportive, magickal.

Every time Lisa Gerrard sang, Connor would start gyrating in the womb.

and of course Ms Gerrard's tones are so perfectly matched in timbre by the resonant baritone of Brendan Perry

Without music and dancing, life and death would not be worth having.

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

Matter of fact, all of it.  I remember that foreshadowing of nostalgia for the 20th century when it was only projected onto the 21st by these 1981 guys.  "Remember the good old 1980s?  When things were so uncomplicated?" How insightful they were...  and how naive.  "You stepped out of a dream believing everything was gone...  return with what you've learned, they'll kiss the ground you walk upon."  If only.  Return with what you've learned and they'll do it all over again anyway.    

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/15/2020 at 3:06 PM, SirPalomides said:

For working at home during lockdown, I've listened to a lot of different music but the two genres that seem to be most helpful for me are reggae (especially dub) and ambient electronica. Favorite examples of each:

If you like these genres, are you familiar with Richard Dorfmeister?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, steve said:

If you like these genres, are you familiar with Richard Dorfmeister?

I'm not. Any recommendations?

I don’t know him well but a friend played some of his stuff at a party and it was sort of ambient electronic with a nice reggae beat.

These guys are rather unusual - Mongolian Rock

They got stuck in Sydney due to quarantine 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

These guys are rather unusual - Mongolian Rock

They got stuck in Sydney due to quarantine 

Love them! 

Reminds me of these guys from Japan, Ningen Isu... these three retirees shredding hard.

Japanese Millenials:  Man!  Our Elders are really draggin our culture down!

NIngen Isu:  Oh really?  Hold my sake!

• Like 1

More distinctly now, the connections emanate with even more accute distinction, due to the physical isolation.

Where connection abides... no amount of physical distance can create true separation or diminish authentic connection.

• Like 2

On 24/05/2020 at 1:46 AM, silent thunder said:

This morning, these two, looped, playing concurrently...

along with this one @ 20% volume in the background

Here is a different 'take' on rain  (in Indonesia ) .

Golden Rain -   I did a gamalan workshop years back and got to play in one , the guy that directed the workshop ( the head of the gamalan orchestra of Sydney Uni ) was very proud of this piece , it was written by his teacher and won acclaim .  However we never tried to play it !   Phew !   The beginner piece we did was complex enough for me .  Each part for the individual isnt that complex , but when it comes together  .... WOW !    ( I chose the two largest gongs to play .... being more of a bass/ rhythm/beat  type )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Here is a different 'take' on rain  (in Indonesia ) .

Golden Rain -   I did a gamalan workshop years back and got to play in one , the guy that directed the workshop ( the head of the gamalan orchestra of Sydney Uni ) was very proud of this piece , it was written by his teacher and won acclaim .  However we never tried to play it !   Phew !   The beginner piece we did was complex enough for me .  Each part for the individual isnt that complex , but when it comes together  .... WOW !    ( I chose the two largest gongs to play .... being more of a bass/ rhythm/beat  type )

Outstanding complexity!

Absolutely love it.