sean

What are you listening to?

Lita Ford should have got much more recognition than she did.

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

In 1978, one of my closest friends was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

He had a massive surgery to remove it which left his hands and arms weak.

At the time, Peter Gabriel had just left Genesis and went on tour to promote his first solo album.

We were huge Genesis fans.

I bought an extra ticket to Gabriel's show and visited my buddy at Johns Hopkins hospital.

I told him it was his if he could get his ass out of the hospital in time, the show was 2 weeks away.

Sure enough, we made it to the show together. 

Last night I was going through some old stuff and came across a cassette recording of that concert, along with some other very nostalgic recordings.

I can't upload my recording but thought I'd post this here.

It's video of a German concert from the same tour.

In memoriam of my dear departed friend Perry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wanna help me build an American Indian (influenced or authentic) playlist for bagua practice?

I don’t know of many, but am inspired to circle dance when I hear that kind of music.

Any good recordings posted, that’d be coool.  B)

@zerostao , @spiraltao

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 3

Those are excellent choices silent thunder provided. I could've and will notify responses to all of them today I only clicked on Nakai: I feel special resonance with all of Nakai's energy.

Trunk, your selection of Robertson's Ghost Dance a must have, as are other versions titled Ghost Dance even by non native Americans, Patti Smith Ghost Dance. There is connection or else she would not have made it. Ain't no commercial enterprises with the Sacred. That Easter night 2013, the first time I heard her expression of Ghost Dance, it was a key piece to the mystery for me. Moments later Short Bull and Kicking Bear revealed to me, it was them that accompanied their family carrying that little spruce tree  that dark night around this time of the year, 2009.

Tomorrow I will add a few selections I've used, some will have more of a martial feel to them.

They name of the album Patti Smith's Ghost Dance plays on titled. Easter. How amazing is that?

I think it's a blessing to be slow like I am, everything there,right there, in front of you/me/ all if us. Just read between the lines, my slowness, those Divine Beings realize, this zeristao ain't gonna get it unless we beat him all about with it until all doubt has been removed.

• Like 2

Robbie Robertson's The Sound Is Fading using archived vocals of Leah Hicks. Manning. I have to take a moment to pause here; these dang spring allergies causing my eyes to water.

Streaming down.

Leah Hicks  Manning is John Trudel's mother n law. Leah, her, well, do a little  research on her to include her final day in Nevada.

Nevada, where Wovoka first openly shared the Magic.

I shared my experience with  Trudel, his response, these dang allergies.

Signs of purification process really.

Also, anything  Joy Harjo. Yes she IS currently Poetress Supreme, acknowledged officially as such Poet Laurette . She IS also Supreme Story teller of Sacred tales. And she uses a saxophone, so to qualify as songs on your playlist Trunk.

Take a moment to think how thoughtful Harjo is  with her for Vision to help you in your project..

There is nothing they've overlooked, taken tender care concerning each and every detail.

Dag gone trunk, you must be someone special

Edit, misspelled Trudel, I didn't but tech, spell checker try and keep something's covered up.  trudel spoke in great length concerning this very thing.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 2

All those musicians patting their instruments in the back ground at the end!  Respect from the pros!

Edited by moment

I was blown away when this first came out.

I feel a definite American core but certainly there's also a bit of cultural appropriation going on.

Edited by steve
  • Confused 1

On 3/11/2020 at 11:29 PM, Trunk said:

Wanna help me build an American Indian (influenced or authentic) playlist for bagua practice?

I don’t know of many, but am inspired to circle dance when I hear that kind of music.

Any good recordings posted, that’d be coool.  B)

@zerostao , @spiraltao

alright, you asked for it. advisory notice--I trust you have done your due diligenc3e, done your homework, made sure your heart is pure before entering. tis not a trifling matter. be aware the tides of march,,  no    fear.  much sincerity, open mind

look each one in the eyes

Spoiler

how did that go?

Spoiler

did you look each of them in the eyes? you looked through the eagle's eyes; did you look into his? the horses? they looked into yours. the wolves? they've all cast their gaze on you now, know your name. by and by, you will learn theirs.

sticking with the Shawnee--who, if they could muster a hundred warriors, would send tremblings throughout Cherokee nation and their thousand warriors, not only, but all of the southeast. respect

Spoiler

my Shawnee/Delaware protector, Gerald Thomas, these types of bonds never question, never fail.

Spoiler

Spoiler

when your out there under the stars dancing barefoot with patti smith, enjoy yourself. one day you will realize each circle dancing step paints, paints with power

tremblings felt throughout the entire southeast when100 Shawnee warriors gathered. in some Daoist folklore tales, there is some unnamed hermit, forest dweller, mountain sage, type who's very presence, even if hidden in the background, even highly skilled in hiding their power; some power although cannot be seen where its coming from, is undeniably felt, felt by all who have working senses. Tecumseh had a brother, rare few knew his name or looked him in the eyes.. predicted the 1812 new madrid earthquake 2 months prior.

before that century ended, up near Čhaŋkpé Ópi Wakpála,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the ground painted white with fallen snow. Sacred ground

the power released from that fateful morning felt, transcended to the southern continent. impacting. undeniable. comparable in felt force to the event 11 years prior between Java and Sumatra. volcanoes send shockwaves through the physical worlds. up on the plains, gathered were the chosen who saw visions clearly. saw the Real plain as day. that event sent shockwaves through spirit worlds.

edit>> forgot to post the first selection!!

second edit> I should add these, sometimes life makes other plans and who knows when may post again, so

Spoiler

previous comment about unnamed actors applies. the title Oldest Native American Drumming Video Ever

and the dancers names are provided and the drummers remain un-named. 

Spoiler

you cant sell the Sacred. you can try and that would be a terrible misfortune befalling catastrophe on one's self.

how do you think it ends?

Spoiler

return

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Apech said:

I listened to it and for the first time I noticed “did you ever go clear” and wondered if it was a Scientology reference. Well actually, apparently it is. 

About that “going clear” thing …

Question: With Scientology, did you ever ‘go clear’?

Leonard Cohen: Probably.

Question: Officially?

Leonard Cohen: No.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bindi said:

I listened to it and for the first time I noticed “did you ever go clear” and wondered if it was a Scientology reference. Well actually, apparently it is. 

About that “going clear” thing …

Question: With Scientology, did you ever ‘go clear’?

Leonard Cohen: Probably.

Question: Officially?

Leonard Cohen: No.

Yeah I read that too - though some suggest its getting off heroin.

1 minute ago, Apech said:

Yeah I read that too - though some suggest its getting off heroin.

I read this:

Question: Some of the articles about you over the years have indicated that you’ve dabbled or more than dabbled in various kinds of spiritual paths. Is the line, “Did you ever go clear?” from Famous Blue Raincoat a Scientology reference?

Leonard Cohen: It was a Scientology reference. I looked into a lot of things. Scientology was one of them. It did not last very long. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I once walked into a Scientology office when I was 17. I lasted 20 minutes 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Bindi said:

I read two L. Ron Hubbard's books over 20 years ago.  I was into much heavier stuff then, so I was left underwhelmed.  

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

I read two L. Ron Hubbard's books over 20 years ago.  I was into much heavier stuff then, so I was left underwhelmed.  

Heavier stuff, like what?

Curious...

I tried one of his books and it left me underwhelmed.

11 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Brutal film but there was a time when I dug it.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 7:43 PM, Bindi said:

I took a couple of one on one classes from a guy in Seattle who said he had been one of the top dogs in Scientology.  He left the organization and wrote a big manual that he gave to me that was a compilation of all the secrets of the group.  He said that they were looking for him and wanted to kill him for leaving and sharing.  He also had a kind of ego (or spiritual attainment) which made him think or feel he was not damageable in any way.  In the car he said he didn't need a seat belt, and once I was in a sauna at a big exercise club in Seattle, where there were several others and he was there.   He didn't recognize me,  He was the only one talking, non stop, and he was bragging about how no one would ever be able to hurt him in a fight.

• Like 1