sean

What are you listening to?

All of pop and rock and roll owe a great deal to Charlie Christain. --John Lennon had a Charlie Christian pickup fitted on his Les Paul in tribute to him.

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

Show is starting to ramp up now after a month of budget wrestling matches and indecisiveness on behalf of the Producers and Art Department.  But they have found their drive and the purse strings have opened so...

We'll be picking up our third stage and a new mill this week.

Going to be crazy time again for the forseeable next month or two.

This will be playing on my headphones pretty much daily on loop, as I channel my inner ocean currents to counteract all the crazy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2020-01-23 at 10:15 PM, silent thunder said:

this... until sleep takes me tonight.

Too good. The Thai funk influence just oozes from em.

• Like 2

I post this because it is good, it is a classic, because Israel iz was a great guy and it takes real balls to take a Judy Garland standard and go with it. Unfortunately his only great weakness was his weight.  He died young at 757 pounds (343kg).

Edited by moment
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 1/21/2020 at 5:35 PM, silent thunder said:

Japanese Millenials:  The Elders are a burden on our Society.

Ningen Isu:  Ok then, Hold my Sake!

Damn! That is good! How do you find this stuff?! This is better than 98+% of the rock being done in the USA right now!

Edited by moment

1 minute ago, Taomeow said:

I love cultural cross-pollination, especially when it is done so well!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moment said:

I love cultural cross-pollination, especially when it is done so well!

I sometimes do -- as in this case.  I was weary of rock for a long time.  A new trail to blaze from that into something different but unexpectedly compatible may be the way to go!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, moment said:

Damn! That is good! How do you find this stuff?! This is better than 98+% of the rock being done in the USA right now!

They're so dang tight, in the pocket, so technical and clean and so hard! 

I found these guys just click hounding on youtube, but usually I get new music at work. 

I work with a ton of musicians who moonlight on tv and film sets as electricians/grips/propheads between tourd, or until they get their break... so I'm always asking asking bugging picking... who's into what and then taking copious notes.  (cuz i can't seem to remember when I'm in the store any more).

• Like 3

Going back to the early 90's.  My gal and I in our first and second apartments.

I used to put these guys on loop and my gal and I would just dissolve into each other's presence as we flowed in, through and around each other through our home for hours.

We studied and played the Jerzy Grotowski method.  It was the precursor to my interest in Qi Gong and moving meditation forms.

Edited by silent thunder
link
  • Like 1

this is still my favorite...

My gal was pregnant with our son, when we saw them last, at the legendary Hollywood Bowl.

I stood behind my gal, hands on her womb the entire show, swaying.

Every time Lisa Gerrard sang, he danced.

They've gotten back together and are touring Europe.

They'll be in Los Angeles in May this year, a week before my wife's Birthday.

I got tickets for the three of us.  He can dance next to us this time :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who is DJ JaBig?

JaBig is a Canadian DJ who currently is on an historic first DJ world tour by bicycle, a 5-year, 100 000 km epic journey to realise a lifelong dream and to raise money for World Bicycle Relief, a charity that has distributed close to 500 000 bikes in Africa.

The Montréal-based artist gained global recognition from his 500+ DEEP & DOPE DJ mixes which have been streamed for over 7 billion hours on YouTube, SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music and Mixcloud and for being the first and only person in history to cycle across Canada coast-to-coast-to-coast in Winter on a fixed-gear bicycle to break the Guinness World Records of “The Longest Journey by Bicycle in a Single Country”.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, silent thunder said:

this... everytime I hear it again, staggered.

he doesn't play and sing, he shines this song out!

I love him... I discovered him with sweat tea some electric deep blues here ! He may be my favorite bluesman

• Like 2

I haven't had much exposure to Wings or his two albums prior to Wings and after The Beatles... aside from the few that the radio pumped continually.

Looks like I have some delicious research coming up... :)

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1