sean

What are you listening to?

Hot damn! 1:25 is when the awesome hybrid blues lifts its' head. My gratitude to Jeff Lang for seeing the root connection.

Edited by moment

Raflum, a solo project from Sichuan, which means "melancholic autumn enchained by rain",was founded in late autumn in the year of 98th,ROC(autumn in 2009 A.D.) by Han. The music of Raflum conveys the yearning of solitude seclusion, highly influenced by these Neo-folk bands, like Vàli.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

this is just my temperature right now...  so grateful for those inclined to express themselves musically.

One year after the release of Melodies Of Forest and Springs (2013), the Chinese Folk/Worldmusic project Raflum present their brand new album 歸棹/Guī Zhào. After the participation of new members and the deeper reflections of themselves, their music has been mixed with more traditional Chinese Folk and Zen, and still the nostalgia and loneliness are thick. This album will also be their very last performance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2019 at 10:27 AM, silent thunder said:

this is just my temperature right now...  so grateful for those inclined to express themselves musically.

One year after the release of Melodies Of Forest and Springs (2013), the Chinese Folk/Worldmusic project Raflum present their brand new album 歸棹/Guī Zhào. After the participation of new members and the deeper reflections of themselves, their music has been mixed with more traditional Chinese Folk and Zen, and still the nostalgia and loneliness are thick. This album will also be their very last performance.

Healing, meditative music with a nice balance of calling out.  I like it very much!

• Like 1

Two genres pretty much guaranteed to instigate and instant dance party in my living room:

1) Can't Stand Still  (typified by big band, and electro swing)  of which Parov Stelar is reigning MVP with my gal and son.

and

2)  Liquid Spine Music  (groove-adelic, psy-funk)  of which Thievery Corp, Beats Antique and Transglobal Underground exemplify the unignorable effect of turning my spine into a gyrating spiral of groove bliss.

Needless to say...

We're tearing it up this fine Sunday Afternoon!

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2

best heard on head phones and out-of-doors fresh air. 

its been posted here before but this is a thank you for an extraordinary player and song.

I'm jolted awake at 2am with these lyrics streaming through my mind... I've heard this but have to google it to know what it is.   Seems almost 40 year since I have last heard this...  Started to read about the band... rivaled by only The Beatles... and Graham Nash would leave The Hollies and become a part of Crosby Stills Nash (& Young... Neal Young).  

• Like 2